Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    What ever happened to the Red Army that was started a couple years ago? I still see shirts at games but not as many as before. I am not trying to start issues with WS and RC just asking a question.
    I always thought the red army thing was lame. Naming a fan section after a brutal army that killed innocent men, women and children and was the arm of a totalitarian regime could only be an idea of liberal academia.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      I always thought the red army thing was lame. Naming a fan section after a brutal army that killed innocent men, women and children and was the arm of a totalitarian regime could only be an idea of liberal academia.
      Or of Red Cloud.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

What ever happened to the Red Army that was started a couple years ago? I still see shirts at games but not as many as before. I am not trying to start issues with WS and RC just asking a question.
        I always thought the Red Army was a good thing... Though I admit I never thought their relationship with Joe Stalin would cause a problem...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Or of Red Cloud.
          oops. sorry to offend RC. I guess I've been watching too much Glenn Beck. Trying to be provocative and well it didn't work. Can u get a mulligan on this board? peace.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

oops. Can u get a mulligan on this board? peace.
            Consider it done.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Article re:Kelly Askew
              http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535175

Comment

oops. sorry to offend RC. I guess I've been watching too much Glenn Beck. Trying to be provocative and well it didn't work. Can u get a mulligan on this board? peace.
                Mulligans are $5. Gimmes are $20 but there's no guarantee you'll reach the hole with one.

Comment

Jordan Cyr '10 Signs With ECHL's Stockton Thunder
                  http://www.holycross.edu/publicaffai...-2010/cyr_echl

Comment

Jordan Cyr ex-'10 Signs With ECHL's Stockton Thunder
                    http://www.holycross.edu/publicaffai...-2010/cyr_echl
                    FYP.

Comment

The Red Army is what killed the thunder of Section 33. My junior year, they did not allow students to get their season tickets in section 33 because of the Red Army.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        The Red Army is what killed the thunder of Section 33. My junior year, they did not allow students to get their season tickets in section 33 because of the Red Army.
                        I liked the Red Army idea but the execution of it seemed to be off. It seemed like the students were divided into two groups because of it. Maybe a Apperts Army group get started. Requirement is to wear your hair slicked back for all games. Have Seths favorite hair product line sponsor the group...someone send this along to the new promotions and marketing person.
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

For the record, the only part of the Red Army concept that I came up with was the name, and it wasn't really volunteered by me as much as it was stolen from me, but whatever.

The biggest problem with the execution of the Red Army was that instead of leading the student section the way they probably should have, they decided to do their own thing and ignore what other students were doing, like they were some exclusive club. Homies don't roll like that.

Comment

Dr Baer I don't know if it is too early to have a thread name suggestion but here goes ...

An Appert a day keeps the hokydad away.

or in homage to your posts of yesterday.

HFH: Home of strippers, thongs and pasties.

Comment

I liked the Red Army idea but the execution of it seemed to be off. It seemed like the students were divided into two groups because of it. Maybe a Apperts Army group get started. Requirement is to wear your hair slicked back for all games. Have Seths favorite hair product line sponsor the group...someone send this along to the new promotions and marketing person.
                              Do you expect us to quack at the beginning of the game?

I'd say plan it when Alex Dell is reffing. Bombay the character was a lawyer, after all.

Comment

Dr Baer I don't know if it is too early to have a thread name suggestion but here goes ...

An Appert a day keeps the hokydad away.

or in homage to your posts of yesterday.

HFH: Home of strippers, thongs and pasties.
                                I never thought I would do this to you, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM

Comment

Working...
                                X