Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I had my first beer in the long-gone Armory Bar while still under the 18-year-old drinking age of NY. Considering how many RPI freshmen were under 18 at the time, it is quite surprising that that place wasn't shut down long before it closed.

Come to think of it, I don't remember them checking ID's during Grand Marshall week either when the campus political parties gave out free beer.
    You are absolutely correct-Never saw anyone ask for an ID at the Armory Bar and never during Grand Marshall Week up at the HFH when they were giving out beer like water. Those were the days! And except for 65-66, we had a pretty good and rough and tough hockey team.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      We saw Kevin Anderson and Coach Vines at the Recovery Room, as well as about half the women's hockey team, during the WJC last year. So it's not completely out of the question.
      Vines and Anderson are relative newcomers who haven't yet discovered all of the history that is RPI hockey... That said, win or lose, more often than not players are in the back room of the Notty for a post-game feed...often with parents, GFs, etc.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Why do these guys insist on trying to spell Rensselaer when all they have to do is write RPI.
        I am willing to bet that it is misspelled more often then not.
        As much as bad spelling is a pet peeve of mine, it should be noted that what was posted appeared to be text from a video story...So as long as they pronounced it correctly....I guess I can let it slide.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          ...I'm sure babo would find it easier if it were in Switzerland's other primary widely-spoken language.
          Gruyere?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Vines and Anderson are relative newcomers who haven't yet discovered all of the history that is RPI hockey... That said, win or lose, more often than not players are in the back room of the Notty for a post-game feed...often with parents, GFs, etc.
            I assume that they were just watching the WJC, and it wasn't after a game, so why would it have violated a tradition?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gruyere?
              No, it's secret bank accounts.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Whenever I've seen players post-game, I see them at Brown's after the game with parents, hanging out with each other, maybe GFs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I assume that they were just watching the WJC, and it wasn't after a game, so why would it have violated a tradition?
                  I'm pretty sure I never anything about a violation, just that they may not be aware of all the many customs, i.e. Doc's pre-game ritual of tying one on as a 17 yr. old at the Armory ...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Whenever I've seen players post-game, I see them at Brown's after the game with parents, hanging out with each other, maybe GFs.
                    When I've seen players at Brown's it sure as heck wasn't with their parents....if you know what I mean.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I never anything about a violation, just that they may not be aware of all the many customs, i.e. Doc's pre-game ritual of tying one on as a 17 yr. old at the Armory ...
                      I may have been wrong to use the word "violation". Perhaps it was a two-minute penalty for delay of game.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One last reminder that JDA and company will be in Lake Placid along with the Finns and the Swedes starting Friday thru 8/7. A great way to escape the heat for a few hours if folks are in the neighborhood.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise....html?nav=5010

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          Speaking of Chicago... Nick Leddy is leaving UMTC to join them. The speculation train rolls on.
                          Saw that...$900K if he makes the big team, $67K if he plays in Rockford... No info on the real story -- the payola, i.e. his signing bonus.

Comment

Saw this interesting tidbit in article about Leddy jumping to CHI...It echoes what many of here have been saying:

"A lot of the kids, when you draft them, are just turning 18, and they’re nowhere near ready to play in the NHL," former Gophers and North Stars head coach Glen Sonmor said after the draft in June. "For some of them, the best thing they can do is play at least most of their college career and maybe all of it before they go and try to see where they’re going to fit in with the pros. But sometimes they get a little anxious, or their agent gets a little anxious, and they want to get their hands on some money so they sign earlier."

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-fu...gns-blackhawks

Comment

Saw this interesting tidbit in article about Leddy jumping to CHI...It echoes what many of here have been saying:

"A lot of the kids, when you draft them, are just turning 18, and they’re nowhere near ready to play in the NHL," former Gophers and North Stars head coach Glen Sonmor said after the draft in June. "For some of them, the best thing they can do is play at least most of their college career and maybe all of it before they go and try to see where they’re going to fit in with the pros. But sometimes they get a little anxious, or their agent gets a little anxious, and they want to get their hands on some money so they sign earlier."

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-fu...gns-blackhawks
                              Yup-that's the gist of it. Most if not all should give college level play at least 2-3 years and then make the decision. Just my 2 cents. Can't blame any kid for jumping at big money if he has only 1 year left in college.

Comment

Never had a pre game ritual back in the real old days. Later on the ritual was dinner at Verdile's(and drinks of course) then picking up dessert at Bella Napoli and bringing it with us to HFH to share with the folks in section 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X