Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Lets be serious about this. If they want him, he will be there.
    You are not going to tell your future employer where to go while they hold the checkbook.
    College is great and I want him here for the full four years, but when Chicago comes a callin, Pirri will be a goin.
    I was being serious. I agree with GLM that he isn't ready now, and not having a crystal ball, I am not sure if he will be ready in a year. Could Chicago want him even if he is not ready yet? -- yes .
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lets be serious about this. If they want him, he will be there.
      You are not going to tell your future employer where to go while they hold the checkbook.
      College is great and I want him here for the full four years, but when Chicago comes a callin, Pirri will be a goin.
      I don't agree - there are plenty of examples of kids from big time D1 schools who have declined offers from their draft teams opting instead to return to school for another season. Rhett Rhakshani at DU comes to mind off the top of my head from last season, but I know there are plenty of other recent examples.

Certainly, the lure of the signing bonus is real, but as Babo and others have mentioned, many a career has been damaged or lost due to bad timing at making the jump. If you jump too early and flop, often times the "win now" mentality forces teams to jettison you for the next "big thing" in the pipeline.

With luck Pirri, his family and his advisor will weigh all of this and make the decision which is best not only for his bank account, but for his career. One need only look across town to Union's TJ Fox who jumped after a 37 pt. frosh season when San Jose flashed the cash. Not only has Fox failed (so far) to make the "dance"..but San Jose dumped him and he spent last season in Wheeling (ECHL). He's now headed to Europe.
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-20-2010, 01:49 PM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        RC: I hope you are cataloguing these on the site?...I intend to read them...someday. (Likely on vacation !)
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          RC: I hope you are cataloguing these on the site?...I intend to read them...someday. (Likely on vacation !)
          The site automatically indexes every post.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The site automatically indexes every post.
            Cool - I have read most of them, but intend to study up before the season arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              Word has it that Pirri is being courted to go pro
              Houston ... Field House...we have a problem.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                As reported on Twitter a few days ago, Pat Cullen was indeed invited to Capitals prospect camp last week. Heres a short video interview with him:
                http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/c...jKqXT7tZ9A5JS3

He's also shown in a few photos in the gallery:
                http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/p...ds=flicker&rc=
                This is great..it'ill give Paddy some great experience and confidence coming into camp this fall. He didn't make the Caps official dev. camp roster, he must've been a late add.
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I was being serious. I agree with GLM that he isn't ready now, and not having a crystal ball, I am not sure if he will be ready in a year. Could Chicago want him even if he is not ready yet? -- yes .
                  I know that you and GLM are serious about his readiness for the pros. I don't think thta he is ready for the AHL or NHL yet either.
                  But I could see him in the ECHL next year.
                  What I was trying to say, is that it doesn't make any difference what we think his ability is right now, the Blackhawks are the only ones that matter.
                  If they say that he has a spot on their AHL team next year and waive a big check in front of him, it would be very hard to turn down. JMO
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Not going to panic yet. I think Seth might be able to stop this. I think the NHL likes the way that Seth develops players. For example, I think most college teams would just play JD'A on a regular shift and PP but Seth puts him out on the kill to make him a more complete player. I hope the discussion takes place between SA and the Hawks about how Brandon needs another year ... mostly for maturity reasons and I love BP he is my favorite player but this is an area that he needs work on. At the end of the day how long has it been since we had the NHL wanting to scoop up our guys.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I know that you and GLM are serious about his readiness for the pros. I don't think thta he is ready for the AHL or NHL yet either.
                      But I could see him in the ECHL next year.
                      What I was trying to say, is that it doesn't make any difference what we think his ability is right now, the Blackhawks are the only ones that matter.
                      If they say that he has a spot on their AHL team next year and waive a big check in front of him, it would be very hard to turn down. JMO
                      He would be physically killed in the ECHL. BP would be spilled oil.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He would be physically killed in the ECHL.
                        Yes this.

Certainly, I can envision BP leaving Troy, but not for a season of 40 or so bus rides playing for the Toledo Walleyes.
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Yes this.

Certainly, I can envision BP leaving Troy, but not for a season of 40 or so bus rides playing for the Toledo Walleyes.
                          Well we agree on that. If he can't at least make the AHL that probably rather that he play in Sudbury.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well we agree on that. If he can't at least make the AHL that probably rather that he play in Sudbury.
                            And considering he's already turned his back on Sudbury for RPI... why move laterally right now when he's not suffering development issues in Troy?
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

...the Blackhawks are the only ones that matter...
                              That'd be true if we were in North Korea....but here in the good old free world, I think just maybe that BP, Seth, his folks and his advisor might have something to say about things.

Comment

And considering he's already turned his back on Sudbury for RPI... why move laterally right now when he's not suffering development issues in Troy?
                                Oops, he was traded to Saginaw by Sudbury, not the other way around.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X