Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Looks like RPI target Evan McEneny will be joining former RPI target Eric Ming in Kitchener next season. If I recall Evan visited HFH with Burlington teammate Pat Koudys last season.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      I haven't talked with Kevin Beattie yet, but one of my officers has and had the following to report:

We'll be on B2 again this year. Apparently the contract still has "at least one more year". There's also some sort of exclusivity contract, so I don't believe we'll be able to do free streams any more. We got in a bit of trouble with both ECAC and B2 after we streamed the Brown play-off games last year...

Time Warner games are tentatively scheduled for 10/16 vs Bentley, 1/7 vs Clarkson, 1/29 vs Yale (Freakout) and 2/12 vs. Cornell. Usually TW is simulcast on B2, often with very poor audio. Time Warner doesn't really have exclusive rights to these games, but their camera positions basically force us out.

We'll definitely be lobbying hard pre-season to try to get off B2. As some have said, RPI TV gets no financial kickback from B2 and the viewer gets a costly, low bitrate, low resolution product.
      Big time bummer! I had subscribed to B2 for a year and cancelled mid year-it was horrible and frustrating. I looked forward to all of your broadcasts-they were clear and innovative and one of the best things to happen to RPI hockey ever.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Mark Zarbo will be playing at the Univeristy of Buffalo (club team) http://www.ubbullrun.com/2010/07/hoc...ng-update.html.
        Bucky Gleason's master plan has surely been set into motion! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          For anyone else who was wondering what this referred to, see http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/05/...y-gleason.html. I had read this when RC wrote it but didn't remember his name.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For anyone else who was wondering what this referred to, see http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/05/...y-gleason.html. I had read this when RC wrote it but didn't remember his name.
            Thanks RB-normally I just remain blissfully confused
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Thanks RB-normally I just remain blissfully confused
              It's interesting that RC's article on Without A Peer was on the first page when I googled Bucky Gleason.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Big time bummer! I had subscribed to B2 for a year and cancelled mid year-it was horrible and frustrating. I looked forward to all of your broadcasts-they were clear and innovative and one of the best things to happen to RPI hockey ever.
                I totally agree, B2 was a huge disappointment last year. It was not worth a quarter of what they charged. I watched most of the games on the RPI feed and it was far superior. It will be missed this year.
                You guys did a great job last year. Thanks
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Oh boy, two auto bids for Atlantic? Maybe we're also going to be in the same league with AIC because, after all, Springfield MA is very close in distance to Troy!

That was, quite possibly, the best non-graphic post I've seen on there thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    Looks like RPI target Evan McEneny will be joining former RPI target Eric Ming in Kitchener next season. If I recall Evan visited HFH with Burlington teammate Pat Koudys last season.
                    Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad we're ID'ing top kids.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                      ...We'll definitely be lobbying hard pre-season to try to get off B2. As some have said, RPI TV gets no financial kickback from B2 and the viewer gets a costly, low bitrate, low resolution product.
                      Thanks for all you've done and continue to do RHam...fight the good fight...make friends with the new marketing gal...the better the TV product is, the more attractive her advertising packages will be to businesses.....i.e. dasher and scoreboard ads, etc.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Someone mentioned a while back that Kevin Broad won't be coaching next season. has anyone heard any confirmation or information about a replacement?
                        Sorry to hear that, if its true. Kevin is a hard worker who spent a lot of time on campus with recruits who were in for visits. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Sorry to hear that, if its true. Kevin is a hard worker who spent a lot of time on campus with recruits who were in for visits. Best of luck to him.
                          Considering that he is still a member of the admissions department, he might continue to fulfill that responsibility. IIRC, he was doing that before he became a coach.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I totally agree, B2 was a huge disappointment last year. It was not worth a quarter of what they charged. I watched most of the games on the RPI feed and it was far superior. It will be missed this year.
                            You guys did a great job last year. Thanks
                            I had decided not to get B2 for the upcoming season and just watch the games that RPI TV streams itself. I guess that I may reconsider although boycotting B2 might make sense. They were dsitributing an inferior product and charging for it. Also they were usually quite unresponsive when the signal failed -- and that happened often.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Considering that he is still a member of the admissions department, he might continue to fulfill that responsibility. IIRC, he was doing that before he became a coach.
                              IIRC, wasn't he attending grad school as well? Though he's probably done by now....
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I had decided not to get B2 for the upcoming season and just watch the games that RPI TV streams itself. I guess that I may reconsider although boycotting B2 might make sense. They were dsitributing an inferior product and charging for it. Also they were usually quite unresponsive when the signal failed -- and that happened often.
                                I don't blame you one bit for boycotting. I had never originally bought B2 because I usually attended every game while I was in college, and while outside of college, I did not want to be locked into paying for a video stream that my internet connection may not have been able to handle (even the lowest bit stream of radio couldn't be handled by my off-campus internet connection while I was still in college). When RPI TV started the video stream, I was willing to try it as there was no cost. Even that wasn't always fast and dandy. I think I'll stick with hanging out with my buddies in Troy.

Comment

Working...
                                X