Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Dubuque forward John Gaudreau - who joined Curadi and Quinn as a pre-draft tender player - led the USA Select 17 development camp in scoring (5-7-12) and has been named to the U18 Select team that will compete in the Hlinka tourney to be held Aug. 9-14 in Czech.

Gaudreau is a 5'7" 140 '93 who played for Comcast (AAA) last season. He hails from Doc's neck of the woods -- Carney’s Point, N.J. While he is small, Monty like him so much he burned a tender on him, and described him at that time as kid "known for his dynamics...a scorer who plays with courage in the dirty areas...scores dirty goals..."

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...2_05&id=235608
    Wicked-Carneys Point is way down south Jersey near Delaware on the west side of the state. It is about a 2 hour drive from us here near the shore. I will find out what I can from our local coaches but I doubt they will know much about him.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      He may from DrD's neck of the woods, but 5'7" and 140 lb isn't his type of player.
      I like anyone who can put the puck in the net But you are correct, he is 5 inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter than the boys I would be happiest to see in Troy.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We should probably bear in mind that a player that is in Dubuque doesn't necessarily become a likely RPI target. If we landed one recruit (that wasn't already a recruit before going there, of course) in three years, that would be impressive.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Wicked-Carneys Point is way down south Jersey near Delaware on the west side of the state. It is about a 2 hour drive from us here near the shore. I will find out what I can from our local coaches but I doubt they will know much about him.
          Sorry Doc, I just read on the Comcast site that Gaudreau is a NE commit for '12...oh well.

FWIW Comcast operates out of Pennsauken and has pumped a lot of kids into D1 and elsewhere..this year alone, 5 of their kids were taken in the OHL draft...that's five out 62 total US kids.
          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-15-2010, 07:21 PM.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            ...If we landed one recruit (that wasn't already a recruit before going there, of course) in three years, that would be impressive.
            I'll bet you a beer (on top of the one I'll owe you when JL shows up) that Seth lands at least one Dubuque kid in the next 12 months. Seth is going to do whatever it takes to bring in the kids he needs to take the program to the next level, using the success and name recognition of the likes of Pirri & D'Amigo as one example, and Seth's good friend and former AC Monty being another...not to mention that we have two sleeper cells in place in DBQ in Curadi and Quinn...:-) At a minimum, outside of DBQ kids, Monty can fill Seth in on kids he's seen play in the USHL.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I'll bet you a beer (on top of the one I'll owe you when JL shows up) that Seth lands at least one Dubuque kid in the next 12 months. Seth is going to do whatever it takes to bring in the kids he needs to take the program to the next level, using the success and name recognition of the likes of Pirri & D'Amigo as one example, and Seth's good friend and former AC Monty being another...not to mention that we have two sleeper cells in place in DBQ in Curadi and Quinn...:-) At a minimum, outside of DBQ kids, Monty can fill Seth in on kids he's seen play in the USHL.
              You're on. Sending kids to RPI isn't Monty's job as a much as we'd like to think that he's going to send us his best and brightest, and while I have no doubt that we (and for that matter, Maine) have a guy in Dubuque who will no doubt praise the program and its coach to his players, that's still a long way from being an active shill to his charges. I think the added bonus that we have in landing kids from the Saints is negligible.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RPI target/prospect/rumor-generator Andrew Poturalski ('94 - 5'9" 165 Nichols School) played in the Chowder Cup tourney earlier this month and was his team's leading scorer: 3-6-3-9

http://stats.proamhockey.com/stats/s...ason=&confId=0

...He was #5 scorer overall for the tourney :
                http://stats.proamhockey.com/stats/s...s&season_id=33
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-15-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  You're on. Sending kids to RPI isn't Monty's job as a much as we'd like to think that he's going to send us his best and brightest, and while I have no doubt that we (and for that matter, Maine) have a guy in Dubuque who will no doubt praise the program and its coach to his players, that's still a long way from being an active shill to his charges. I think the added bonus that we have in landing kids from the Saints is negligible.
                  Its a bet.
                  BTW, I never said it was his job to funnel kids to RPI, though that'd be alright with me... But if a kid is being recruited by RPI and say, oh I don't know... Union, you darn well know what Monty's gonna advise them.

I merely stated my belief that Seth is gonna "make hay" in the midwest...sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

I haven't talked with Kevin Beattie yet, but one of my officers has and had the following to report:

We'll be on B2 again this year. Apparently the contract still has "at least one more year". There's also some sort of exclusivity contract, so I don't believe we'll be able to do free streams any more. We got in a bit of trouble with both ECAC and B2 after we streamed the Brown play-off games last year...

Time Warner games are tentatively scheduled for 10/16 vs Bentley, 1/7 vs Clarkson, 1/29 vs Yale (Freakout) and 2/12 vs. Cornell. Usually TW is simulcast on B2, often with very poor audio. Time Warner doesn't really have exclusive rights to these games, but their camera positions basically force us out.

We'll definitely be lobbying hard pre-season to try to get off B2. As some have said, RPI TV gets no financial kickback from B2 and the viewer gets a costly, low bitrate, low resolution product.
                    Last edited by RHamilton; 07-15-2010, 10:35 PM.
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                      I haven't talked with Kevin Beattie yet, but one of my officers has and had the following to report:

We'll be on B2 again this year. Apparently the contract still has "at least one more year". There's also some sort of exclusivity contract, so I don't believe we'll be able to do free streams any more. We got in a bit of trouble with both ECAC and B2 after we streamed the Brown play-off games last year...

Time Warner games are tentatively scheduled for 10/16 vs Bentley, 1/7 vs Clarkson, 1/29 vs Yale (Freakout) and 2/12 vs. Cornell. Usually TW is simulcast on B2, often with very poor audio. Time Warner doesn't really have exclusive rights to these games, but their camera positions basically force us out.

We'll definitely be lobbying hard pre-season to try to get off B2. As some have said, RPI TV gets no financial kickback from B2 and the viewer gets a costly, low bitrate, low resolution product.
                      Unbelievable. I honestly incredibly appreciate everything you guys have done and all the work you have put in, but you should not be giving B2 this stuff for free. Make them suffer to produce their own feed and maybe they will agree to buyout of the contract or something.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                        Unbelievable. I honestly incredibly appreciate everything you guys have done and all the work you have put in, but you should not be giving B2 this stuff for free. Make them suffer to produce their own feed and maybe they will agree to buyout of the contract or something.
                        Agreed.

I can see the problem with the playoff games which the ECAC owns, but not the regular season games.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 July 2010. There are 84 days (12 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone mentioned a while back that Kevin Broad won't be coaching next season. has anyone heard any confirmation or information about a replacement?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post

I'd also like to add in my thanks for your streaming productions. Although you are not allowed to do streams, will there still be the uploading of the game once it has been completed, or has that now been thrown out as well? In any case, hopefully you will be able to once again give us streaming the year after next.

Comment

Mark Zarbo will be playing at the Univeristy of Buffalo (club team) http://www.ubbullrun.com/2010/07/hoc...ng-update.html.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X