College Hockey Travel Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Travel Guide

IIRC, the CHTG was born from the USCHO forum several years ago. What happened (obviously it's still there, but does anyone use it? I know I've submitted updates in the past - in fact, i just submitted a complete overhaul for BSU's move to the BREC) to it? Did it get much traffic? Anyone use it much?
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: College Hockey Travel Guide

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    IIRC, the CHTG was born from the USCHO forum several years ago. What happened (obviously it's still there, but does anyone use it? I know I've submitted updates in the past - in fact, i just submitted a complete overhaul for BSU's move to the BREC) to it? Did it get much traffic? Anyone use it much?
    Didn;t know it existed.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

I've used it a few times before, but I don't think it's being updated anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        It's not up to date on Minnesota State.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          It's not up to date AT ALL.

FYP.

(Sorry...)
          Originally posted by solovsfett
          To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            They claim to have made an update in January, but it's been five years and RIT still isn't on the list.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              They claim to have made an update in January, but it's been five years and RIT still isn't on the list.

Powers &8^]
              Has anyone submitted anything for RIT? They usually need that.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Since we have the thread here and some of the principles will show up (Eric, Zudnic, etc.)... maybe its time to jump the Wiki bandwagon?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Army isn't on the list either and they've been around a lot longer than RIT.
                  Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                  10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                  5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                  21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                  ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                  7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                  National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Just went to put an update in, and it said my validation code was wrong, yet it doesn't give you a box for any validation code.

Comment

I own the CHTG for the most part. I approve all the submissions personally. Apologies in advance, this post is going to be cranky.

To address what people said:
                      1. RIT isn't on the list because no one has come forward to write their page. There are a few venues that aren't covered like the aforementioned Army. This is nothing personal against RIT. There is no "submit a school" page since it is rare enough that someone goes up to D-I that it wasn't worth my time to write it.

2. The site is crowdsourced. I can only update what people tell me about. I don't know that Clarkson ticket prices increased or that the local bar in K'Zoo went out of business. Someone has to submit that kind of stuff. So if it's out of date, blame the local fanbase.

3. I want to Wikify it. There are two major problems with that: one, the site as it is today is completely handbuilt and moving the data is going to be a massive pain. Two, I haven't found a free Wiki software that has an approval workflow built in. (Eric and I both want to approve all changes before they go in). Not to mention that I barely see my kids as it is, and this is no longer a priority in my life.

4. The last question on the update submission page is a validation code (captcha). I just checked that it's working, so I don't know why it's not working for CornwallAce. You can submit it to me directly at www.zudnic.net/contact

To those who are whiny, please remember that this is something I do in my spare time, that I wrote in 2003, and that things have changed since then - I am now in grad school and have a family. I don't have time to be approving changes immediately as they come in. We've thought about killing it altogether, too.

Anyone who wants to volunteer to help, we can use it. Or, just submit some changes for your local school if the info is out of date.
                      Last edited by Zudnic; 07-04-2010, 11:14 PM.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Thanks for putting it together Zud....I think we can all understand the situation you're in. I knew someone on here had put it together, but couldn't remember who. I have checked in the past for hotels, so if people want to update it for their school, that'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                          1. RIT isn't on the list because no one has come forward to write their page. There are a few venues that aren't covered like the aforementioned Army. This is nothing personal against RIT. There is no "submit a school" page since it is rare enough that someone goes up to D-I that it wasn't worth my time to write it.
                          I'm guessing no one submitted information because it's not clear how to do that for a team that doesn't exist in the database. I think we all assumed that a blank page would be set up for new teams, if only to have something for users to edit.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            I own the CHTG for the most part. I approve all the submissions personally. Apologies in advance, this post is going to be cranky.
                            I didn't take it as cranky at all. Hopefully, by my putting this here, more people are aware of the CHTG's existance. I was always a fan of what its intended purpose was, so hopefully it can be brought up to what it was intended to be. Let me know if you need some help - I can try to be of assistance...
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              I'm guessing no one submitted information because it's not clear how to do that for a team that doesn't exist in the database. I think we all assumed that a blank page would be set up for new teams, if only to have something for users to edit.

Powers &8^]
                              Correct - I could not figure out how to submit RIT into the database.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                              X