PDA

View Full Version : Norwich Cadets Hockey 2010-2011: Title defense time.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

PrezdeJohnson09
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
There ya go Norwich fans.:cool:

NUProf
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

You gotta hog the glory don't you :mad: :D

oldguard
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks for creating this thread. I was about ready to start my first thread ever because the other Norwich thread was definitely out of date.

NUProf
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for creating this thread. I was about ready to start my first thread ever because the other Norwich thread was definitely out of date.

Not only that, it went over the magic 1000 post limit and is now locked. We keep going like this and it will get locked before anything is said about Norwich :)

hawk
06-30-2010, 06:03 PM
After watching Norwich battle through playoffs last year I realized how difficult it is to win the D3 title. St. Norbert's, Plattsburgh, and Elmira all created a lot of problems for the Cadets. Talent alone come playoff time doesn't always result in a win; sometime a lucky goal for great goaltending will make the difference.

The Real Georgia Peach
06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
It will be interesting to see if they are ranked first in the USCHO preseason poll. My guess is they will, but certainly there are others that could make a legitimate claim.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
It will be interesting to see if they are ranked first in the USCHO preseason poll. My guess is they will, but certainly there are others that could make a legitimate claim.

If I had a vote, they'd be my #1 in the preseason poll. Dubois was certainly able to hold his own in net, and the team is shaping up to have the offensive firepower to make up for any defensive weaknesses. Plattsburgh is looking like it will be a serious contender this season, but even this Plattsburgh fan wants to see them prove it on the ice before I even consider putting them #1.

PrezdeJohnson09
06-30-2010, 10:24 PM
If I had a vote, they'd be my #1 in the preseason poll. Dubois was certainly able to hold his own in net, and the team is shaping up to have the offensive firepower to make up for any defensive weaknesses. Plattsburgh is looking like it will be a serious contender this season, but even this Plattsburgh fan wants to see them prove it on the ice before I even consider putting them #1.

I think its safe to say your top four will be the four teams that went to Lake Placid.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I think its safe to say your top four will be the four teams that went to Lake Placid.

I'm hesitant to say that. Oswego has serious goaltending questions to answer. Beckwith has proven less-than-reliable, but this newest goalie recruit for Oz could prove to be a solution, but that still leaves me saying they have big question marks between the pipes that probably knock them down a bit in my rankings. Norwich is losing Klinger, but as I said, Dubois is a competent goaltender in his own right.

Other than that, all 4 teams have a lot of talent returning. The loss of Selleck also hurts Oswego, in my mind.

Looking at what is lost, what is returning, and what is listed on our commitments page... with particular emphasis placed on questions in goaltending, my preseason top 4 would be:

1. Norwich
2. St. Norbert
3. Plattsburgh
4. Adrian

And no, this isn't just because I'm a Plattsburgh fan who hates Oswego... I have legitimate concerns about Oswego's goaltending. You and I both know that game between Adrian and Oswego was closer than the scoreline indicated, and I think that until Oswego's goalies prove their worth on the ice, Adrian has recruited well enough to make up that small gap and then some...

But this is the Norwich thread, so let's return to discussion about Norwich, not Oswego and Adrian...

PrezdeJohnson09
07-01-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm hesitant to say that. Oswego has serious goaltending questions to answer. Beckwith has proven less-than-reliable, but this newest goalie recruit for Oz could prove to be a solution, but that still leaves me saying they have big question marks between the pipes that probably knock them down a bit in my rankings. Norwich is losing Klinger, but as I said, Dubois is a competent goaltender in his own right.

Other than that, all 4 teams have a lot of talent returning. The loss of Selleck also hurts Oswego, in my mind.

Looking at what is lost, what is returning, and what is listed on our commitments page... with particular emphasis placed on questions in goaltending, my preseason top 4 would be:

1. Norwich
2. St. Norbert
3. Plattsburgh
4. Adrian

And no, this isn't just because I'm a Plattsburgh fan who hates Oswego... I have legitimate concerns about Oswego's goaltending. You and I both know that game between Adrian and Oswego was closer than the scoreline indicated, and I think that until Oswego's goalies prove their worth on the ice, Adrian has recruited well enough to make up that small gap and then some...

But this is the Norwich thread, so let's return to discussion about Norwich, not Oswego and Adrian...

Great points.

I thought Adrian could have been there this past year. With the FF being in the west.......

runr262
07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Great points.

I thought Adrian could have been there this past year. With the FF being in the west.......

Does anyone know how the addition is coming on the arena?

NUProf
07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know how the addition is coming on the arena?

Scheduled completion is Sept. 24 per facilities operations info. It looks great on the outside, and I understand the new sound system is in:eek:.

jimmysev
07-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Can't wait to hear Dex say "he shoots he scores" on the new sound system. Now we need some cool DJ lights flashing after goals!:)

Henry
07-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree about the Norwich repeat. Not so sure about Plattsburgh though. There may be some sophomore slumps up there. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Elmira for the Frozen Four next year.:cool:

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree about the Norwich repeat. Not so sure about Plattsburgh though. There may be some sophomore slumps up there. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Elmira for the Frozen Four next year.:cool:

And Norwich is immune to "Sophomore Slumps"? If you apply that logic, you have to apply it to both. Norwich had just as many freshmen as Plattsburgh. ;)

And believe me, I strongly included putting Elmira in my top 4... but they are in the same boat as Oswego in regards to goaltending. Casey Tuttle left some big shoes to be filled. Probably just as much as Gunn-Taylor did in Oswego. If they can get a solid defensive unit and steady goaltending, there's no doubt Elmira is going to be a team to watch this year. But that's too many "ifs".

So I stand by my Norwich, St. Norbert, Plattsburgh, and Adrian. I also think the committee will do anything to make sure 2 West make the final four, given that the tournament is in the West (Saving $$$).

hawk
07-03-2010, 03:46 PM
If any of the Norwich staff get a chance would appreciate a few pics of the new addition, locker rooms, bathrooms, and Blue Line Club Area. I have walked by but didn't feel comfortable going into the construction zone. Sounds like it is going to be completed in couple of months.

CROSBYNU63
07-03-2010, 03:59 PM
stop by and I will take you on a little tour.......I'm sure you really want to see the bathroom.:D :D :D We could even get a steak at the snack bar, ya right

hockeyfan77
07-03-2010, 04:24 PM
stop by and I will take you on a little tour.......I'm sure you really want to see the bathroom.:D :D :D We could even get a steak at the snack bar, ya right

Bathrooms, you guys have bathrooms now??? :) j/k

CROSBYNU63
07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
See, we got it right, first comes hockey and then the bathrooms.....others build nice bathrooms wait for the hockey:D :D

Bathrooms, you guys have bathrooms now??? :) j/k

hawk
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM

If you can help place Norwich and most of the ECAC East in a league with Manhattanville, Elmira, Neumann, Hobart, and Utica you deserve the best steak the snack bar can produce. I will stop by the next time I drop off trash at the depot.