X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 regionals awarded

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
    c o c kbag
    That's a pretty vulgar response towards someone who is just trying to provide some information to the boards

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
      That's a pretty vulgar response towards someone who has trolled in about 5-6 different team threads trying to troll like a 12 year old idiot
      There. That's better.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

2011 host is Tech, per MTU release from '08.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18800&ATCLID=1573976
        St. Norbert College Green Knights
        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        ---
        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
          Having UW would help, of course - as would host Michigan Tech.
          *****http://www.wf.com.au/forum/Smileys/wf1/rofl.gif******

Uh, yeah. Nice thought, but probably not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            There. That's better.
            Mmmmhmm. Not normally a vulgar guy, but he caught me on a bad day. Sorry if I offended anyone, and if so, for the love of god stay out of the TRP thread.
            Originally posted by solovsfett
            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

wor was terrible last year. long lines, dump of a rink, crap location

the only good thing was BC winning

Comment

I dont get the fascination with Worcester. A better location would have been Providence (rink is better, restaurants, bars, etc). It wasn't that long ago when they had a FF there. Maybe Providence didn't submit a bid, but Worcester flat out sucks as a location.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  That's a pretty vulgar response towards someone who is just trying to provide some information to the boards
                  Would you be happier with "eat a bag of dix and THEN die in a fire?" Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    I dont get the fascination with Worcester. A better location would have been Providence (rink is better, restaurants, bars, etc). It wasn't that long ago when they had a FF there. Maybe Providence didn't submit a bid, but Worcester flat out sucks as a location.
                    They didn't have it in Providence because the city was hosting a gay pride parade and an international quilters expo that day, they were worried about hotel space.

Comment

Providence would definitely be a good location for the Northeast regional. As would Portland. I don't mind Manchester or Worcester, but I'd just like to see somewhere else get into the rotation. And a great location for either the East regional or the Northeast regional would be Hartford. Sure, the XL Center wouldn't sell out, but they could come up with some sort of curtain system like Worcester has.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Providence would definitely be a good location for the Northeast regional. As would Portland. I don't mind Manchester or Worcester, but I'd just like to see somewhere else get into the rotation. And a great location for either the East regional or the Northeast regional would be Hartford. Sure, the XL Center wouldn't sell out, but they could come up with some sort of curtain system like Worcester has.
                        i know i should remember since i was at both games but i dont recall the curtain thing this year............or in 2008 for that matter but then again, short term memory?? not so good

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          i know i should remember since i was at both games but i dont recall the curtain thing this year............or in 2008 for that matter but then again, short term memory?? not so good
                          I don't remember them in 2008. This year I think they had curtains over the 300 sections... but those are so high up that it was tough to notice.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            I was also at both games and they definitely used it. I remember seeing it. The place holds 14,800 without the curtain and 7,200 with it. The attendance was 6,500 the first day and 6,000 the second day, and the building looked pretty full. It would've looked barren without the curtain.

Edit: Like Nick said, you probably wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for it.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This was probably asked, but I'm asking again because I can't find the answer: if the site is a "repeat", does that mean that the same school is the host school?
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                I was also at both games and they definitely used it. I remember seeing it. The place holds 14,800 without the curtain and 7,200 with it. The attendance was 6,500 the first day and 6,000 the second day, and the building looked pretty full. It would've looked barren without the curtain.

Edit: Like Nick said, you probably wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for it.
                                i can't even blame beer as an excuse as there wasn't any available as we unfortunately know . thanks to both of you for clearing that matter up and reinforcing what i already know to be true........namely that short term memory loss is a b**ch

Comment

Working...
                                X