PDA

View Full Version : Ccha 2010-2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NMUFAN21
06-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Who do you think the ccha will drop or add to get even amount of teams?

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
No dropping.

UAH.

Next season.

As for this season... Who will be the 5 to get the bye? Who will be the cellar-dweller. (*crosses fingers hoping to high heaven that it's not my team...*)

umassfan49
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Who will be the 5 to get the bye?

Michigan State, Miami, Michigan, Northern Michigan and let's go for a sleeper pick in either Ferris State or UNO.

NMUFAN21
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd have to go with MSU,NMU, possibly Michigan, Miami, Alaska, maybe LSU

I think OSU might be the team that dosnt make it past the first round

Who do you think will win it all? (CCHA)

NMUFAN21
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
By The way UNO is now in the WCHA

Laker2415
06-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Getting First Round Byes:

Michigan, Miami, State, Northern and Alaska

Cellar Dweller:
Western

Winning it all:
State

My Dream First round matchup (and in reality my favorite matchup):
Lake State vs. Notre Dame, at either locale.

LSSULaker889294
06-23-2010, 06:54 PM
My predictions standings wise for 2010-2011:

1. Michigan
2. Miami
3. Michigan State
4. Northern Michigan
5. Notre Dame
6. Alaska
7. Ohio State
8. Ferris State
9. Lake Superior State
10. Western Michigan
11. Bowling Green State

I'll probably be way off, just like last year.

MUhawks628
06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Michigan State, Miami, Michigan, Northern Michigan and let's go for a sleeper pick in either Ferris State or UNO.

I see a problem here.

NMUFAN21
06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Say UAH does come who would you rather have them or UNO

redhawkman10
06-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd have to go with MSU,NMU, possibly Michigan, Miami, Alaska, maybe LSU

I think OSU might be the team that dosnt make it past the first round

Who do you think will win it all? (CCHA)

Possibly Miami and Michigan? Those two are the favorites.

Talent wise they are heads above anyone else in the league. Miami loses only 2 impact players from a FF team and Michigan loses very few players off a Regional Final team.

NMU and State lost some big impact players. Both will have talent and should be in the top 5 but in the early going its a two team race.

5th team I would go with is Alaska followed closely by Notre Dame. Really think Ferris will take a step back this year.

Cellar dweller would be Western, followed by BG, then OSU.

davyd83
06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Say UAH does come who would you rather have them or UNO

UAH. You can get Dreamland Ribs there.:D

davyd83
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Who do you think the ccha will drop or add to get even amount of teams?

Don't be surprised if they stay at 11.

NMUFAN21
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I like having 11 espically with the new playoff format

aallenpollreisz
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Who do you think the ccha will drop or add to get even amount of teams?I know Comley really wants to some type of addition or subtraction, saying that 11 teams messes up scheduling considerably more than 10 or 12 would.

Arpod
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Cellar dweller would be Western, followed by BG, then OSU.

I admit I am biased (and perhaps wearing the rose-colored glasses of hope), but I think OSU will surprise some folks. They have a solid core of D-men and the potential for great goal tending, and I believe OZ will have them playing a style that will keep opponents off the board. Granted, the offense at OSU is a HUGE question mark, but if you only give up a goal or two per game you can be in every game... Hope springs eternal: I think OSU will finish in the 5th spot and grab the bye.

Miami, MI, MSU are my picks for the top 3 (in no particular order); NMU or ND are my wild cards to finish with the others and OSU in the top 5. BGSU and the Broncos battle it out for the cellar.

aparch
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I know Comley really wants to some type of addition or subtraction, saying that 11 teams messes up scheduling considerably more than 10 or 12 would.

11 teams is no more unbalanced than 12 teams were.

redhawkman10
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I admit I am biased (and perhaps wearing the rose-colored glasses of hope), but I think OSU will surprise some folks. They have a solid core of D-men and the potential for great goal tending, and I believe OZ will have them playing a style that will keep opponents off the board. Granted, the offense at OSU is a HUGE question mark, but if you only give up a goal or two per game you can be in every game... Hope springs eternal: I think OSU will finish in the 5th spot and grab the bye.

Miami, MI, MSU are my picks for the top 3 (in no particular order); NMU or ND are my wild cards to finish with the others and OSU in the top 5. BGSU and the Broncos battle it out for the cellar.

No disrespect but that is a huge bias lol. You lose your 3 top players from last year and install a new system. Going to be growing pains. I think OSU is in a better place but look at all the offense they lost from last year. Defense was suspect last year as well, new style is nice but if you don't have the talent back there it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. For me Goaltending is their only bright spot but look at Western a great goaltender can only take you so far.

More to it, lossing Bartkowski, Dalpe, and Bishop who accounted for 90 pts. As well as your top goal scorers (Dalpe 21 and Bishop 15). #2 and 3 on your points list only had 6 goals apiece. Unless they all of a sudden find a scoring touch it will be tough.

It is what it is, but if OSU sniffs a bye it will be a bigger surprise than Ferris last year...

Don't know why so many people are discounting Alaska....They return a lot of very good young talent. They aren't going anywhere folks, that program is on the rise.

redhawkman10
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I know Comley really wants to some type of addition or subtraction, saying that 11 teams messes up scheduling considerably more than 10 or 12 would.

I don't mind 11 teams, we did it for years. I just don't like the fact that they are messing with the nautral rivalries. Don't think in my 20+ years of watching Miami hockey they haven't played OSU atleast 4 times in the regular season.

Only playing them twice this year is wrong in my opinion. It is the second best rivalry in this conference behind Michigan-Michigan st.

aparch
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Only playing them twice this year is wrong in my opinion. It is the second best rivalry in this conference behind Michigan-Michigan st.

I believe you can direct your complaint on that to:

1500 West Higgins Road
Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300

redhawkman10
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
I believe you can direct your complaint on that to:

1500 West Higgins Road
Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300

who's address is that? League offices are in Michigan...