Boston Herald reports that Boston selected for 2014 FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Herald reports that Boston selected for 2014 FF

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...s_half-shield/ The last 2 paragraphs:
    Meanwhile, the Div. 1 ice hockey committee met with NCAA officials on awarding host bids for Frozen Four events in 2013 and ’14. Boston is believed to have been selected for 2014, but no official announcement is expected until late July.

The Boston bid, co-submitted by TD Garden and Hockey East, is for either year, but 2013 would be a problem since the city would not have sufficient available hotel space due to conflicting dates with the Boston Marathon.

Re: Boston Herald reports that Boston selected for 2014 FF

Nice.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Meanwhile, the Div. 1 ice hockey committee met with NCAA officials on awarding host bids for Frozen Four events in 2013 and ’14. Boston is believed to have been selected for 2014, but no official announcement is expected until late July.

The Boston bid, co-submitted by TD Garden and Hockey East, is for either year, but 2013 would be a problem since the city would not have sufficient available hotel space due to conflicting dates with the Boston Marathon.
      Just cancel the Boston Marathon in 2013. Problem solved!
      Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

This sucks, I love travelling to new places.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          This sucks, I love travelling to new places.
          Not to be flippant, but no one's stopping you. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

While Boston is great because it is such a great hockey town it is sort of a downer because the arena is on the smaller side. Only being able to seat 17565 is a drawback. Chicago would be interesting to try since it can house a crowd of over 22K.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
              While Boston is great because it is such a great hockey town it is sort of a downer because the arena is on the smaller side. Only being able to seat 17565 is a drawback. Chicago would be interesting to try since it can house a crowd of over 22K.
              I'm okay with this announcement. The NCAA tried "huge crowd" this year, and by accepting the TD Banknorth Garden bid, they've admitted that maximum numbers aren't everything.

Tickets will be more expensive, though, and God help the rest of the fans if a Boston team makes it.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Not to be flippant, but no one's stopping you. =)

Powers &8^]
                FF is a perfect trip because I can get away with some friends, leave the family behind and see places I would normally never see. It's become a 'rite of spring' for me for years. Staying in a hotel ten 30 minutes from my house is a waste and I've already done the tourist Boston stuff 100 times in elementary school, so blah.

Comment

17,525 for hockey

Hopefully 3rd time's the charm for BC

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    FF is a perfect trip because I can get away with some friends, leave the family behind and see places I would normally never see. It's become a 'rite of spring' for me for years. Staying in a hotel ten 30 minutes from my house is a waste and I've already done the tourist Boston stuff 100 times in elementary school, so blah.
                    'Seeing places you would normally never see' doesn't make them interesting though. I could have happily lived my life having never experienced that mind numbingly boring city called Cincinnatti.

What I like about this is that it shows a committment to go to cities that people actually want to visit. If we got hit with Omaha-Kansas City-Philly back to back to back it would darn near ruin the sport! With a world class city in the mix (be it DC, Chicago possibly, etc) it makes it easier to deal with the occasional second class location (Pittsburgh for example).
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      'Seeing places you would normally never see' doesn't make them interesting though. I could have happily lived my life having never experienced that mind numbingly boring city called Cincinnatti.

What I like about this is that it shows a committment to go to cities that people actually want to visit. If we got hit with Omaha-Kansas City-Philly back to back to back it would darn near ruin the sport! With a world class city in the mix (be it DC, Chicago possibly, etc) it makes it easier to deal with the occasional second class location (Pittsburgh for example).
                      The STL FF in 07 was great because I always wanted to go to a Cardinals game, but if not for the FF I doubt I would have gone there. Denver was another place I wanted to see but likely never would have.

Washington needs another one soon, it's really a perfect place for a FF. Detroit actually wasn't bad either. Better than I thought it would be for a host city.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        17,525 for hockey
                        I'm hopeful we're not in a situation where 17.5K is too small of an arena for the event. I do think they can draw 20K+ regularly unless its in a real $#!t hole (and how can it be in a worse place than Detroit?) or a logistical nightmare (1 week for fans to fly out to Anaheim). Making it a little harder to get in isn't bad.

Funny how things have changed over the last 15 years. I wonder if the 100K Michigan-MSU brings in this year is going to encourage more cities to suggest another FF in a Dome.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                          Tickets will be more expensive, though, and God help the rest of the fans if a Boston team makes it.
                          Even if it is Harvard?

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                            Even if it is Harvard?
                            Harvard is slightly more likely than Bentley to make the Frozen Four.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                              Even if it is Harvard?
                              I thought you fanboys claimed that Harvard and BC aren't in Boston...
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X