Red signs a new 3 year deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red signs a new 3 year deal.

Surprising as most had assumed this yr would be his last.

Re: Red signs a new 3 year deal.

Wow, this really surprises me. I'm glad to see him stick around though. Contrary to others in my fan base, I have great respect for the guy. He is good for college hockey.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

I really don't keep tabs on a ton of stuff going on out west. Didn't realize he was expected to end his career after this year before this deal being signed. Seeing as we've had this discussion out East with York and Parker getting older I'm wondering who are top candidates for the UM position when it becomes available?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        I really don't keep tabs on a ton of stuff going on out west. Didn't realize he was expected to end his career after this year before this deal being signed. Seeing as we've had this discussion out East with York and Parker getting older I'm wondering who are top candidates for the UM position when it becomes available?
        In addition to Mel Pearson (asst. coach) who is said to be strong candidate the following were rumored:

Enrico Blasi
        George Gwozdecky
        Tom Serratore
        Danton Cole

just rumors...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          This may not be the thread for this, but I think Mel Pearson has paid his dues and earned his chance. He has been at UM since forever and had plenty of chances to go elsewhere. Though UM can get just about any coach they want, and this may come into play as well.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

I wonder if this is nothing more than some flexibility for Red to determine exactly when it's time to go, not that he really needs it.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Liked Red as a player and even more as a coach, and he gets 3 more years at Yost, the church of college hockey.

Comment

Working...
              X