PDA

View Full Version : University of Nebraska

Pages : [1] 2 3

wsummers
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
With rumors that U of Nebraska will soon be a member of the Big Ten, I was wondering what the chances might be they would add D-I hockey? I know they have a club team. Will Nebraska have a second D-I program?

solovsfett
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
With rumors that U of Nebraska will soon be a member of the Big Ten, I was wondering what the chances might be they would add D-I hockey? I know they have a club team. Will Nebraska have a second D-I program?

well, having an immediate rivalry with a team 30 miles away could help the cause. who knows?

bring on missouri then too.

moose97
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I'd say not likely - they are building a new basketball arena, without ice making capabilities (http://omaha.com/article/20100512/BIGRED/705139997#osborne-there-was-no-plan-b):

The arena won't be built to accommodate an ice surface, so seats can be closer to the basketball playing floor, Osborne said.

unofan
06-10-2010, 10:25 PM

Nope. Tom Osborne doesn't want it. Doc Sadler (the hoops coach) really doesn't want it.

Old Pio
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I'd say the chances are approaching zero that UNL would even consider hockey. And the proximity to UNO's program, IMHO, makes is less not more likely that there will be D-I hockey in Lincoln. UNOfan can probably explain it better than me.

owslachief
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Probably not as good a chance as
Penn State
Syracuse
Navy

(any other names bandied about last 2-3 years?)

which ain't saying much

state of hockey
06-11-2010, 02:21 PM
The N on their helmets stands for knowledge.

West Texas Wolverine
06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
The N on their helmets stands for knowledge.
How do you get a Nebraska cheerleader into an elevator?
You grease up the sides of the doors and throw in a Twinkie.

What's the difference between a Nebraska cheerleader and a catfish?
One of them has whiskers and smells bad, and the other one lives in a lake.

unofan
06-11-2010, 06:50 PM
How do you get a Nebraska cheerleader into an elevator?
You grease up the sides of the doors and throw in a Twinkie.

What's the difference between a Nebraska cheerleader and a catfish?
One of them has whiskers and smells bad, and the other one lives in a lake.

Michigan fan and Nebraska fan are both in the bathroom at halftime. After zipping up, the Nebraska fan heads for the door. The Michigan fan snickers and says in the typically snooty voice, "At Michigan, we wash our hands after using the bathroom."

The Nebraska fan says over his shoulder as he's leaving, "In Nebraska, we don't **** on our hands."

Happy
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Guaranteed BTHC in three years.

MadCityRich
06-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Looks like Michigan & Nebraska could be a good rivalry right out of the blocks :D .

****, I hate BTHC talk.

GoBucky36
06-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Somehow I just dont see Nebraska as ever being much of a hockey school. Especially considering how much of a football school they are and how hockey would have to compete with the football program for money, fans and attention for much of the season.

cycledown
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM

I like BTHC talk, just a little more than 3 years

Goon
06-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Snow balls chance in hell.

Goon
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM

Not going to happen because Notre Dame isn't interested in being the BTC.

cycledown
06-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Dont need Notre Dame for a BTHC to happen and I'm sure those responsible know that as well.

Happy
06-12-2010, 11:01 PM

all that's needed is a cable channel that needs some Friday night games in the winter.

cycledown
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
all that's needed is a cable channel that needs some Friday night games in the winter.

Funny how that cable channel is putting out money and exposure for hockey and doing a fine job of it too. Happy you know it going to happen and Im going to fight you on it til day one.

4four4
06-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Funny how that cable channel is putting out money and exposure for hockey and doing a fine job of it too. Happy you know it going to happen and Im going to fight you on it til day one.

Larry, just so they don't take the University of Minnesota with them. I don't want some two bit announcer talking puck to me especially when they don't have a clue about the Gopher hockey program.

4four4
06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Like LaPanta?

He is inexpensive.