This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Just a note on a school record that has been in error since 1979 that was finally corrected. Lindsay Thomson has been listed as DU's leading defenseman in scoring with 149 points in 4 years. Lindsay was a fine offensive defenseman and put up some big numbers in the mid 1970s, heck of a player. Greg Woods had been listed as second with 145 points. Greg's career totals were missing a full 31 point season and are actually 176 points. He knew for years that the record books were wrong but never pursued getting them corrected until this past year. I guess maybe the big "60th" anniversary celebration got him motivated to do so. When I saw him this past summer he said he had spoken to Harold Beier about getting his record corrected. The new media guide shows that he has 176 points in a number of places but not all. The 176 point places him 9th on DU's all time scoring list and the guide should have him listed as being the top scoring all-time defenseman but it still has his old totals on that page. Any way Greg and Lindsay are still Number 1 and 2 but only in reverse order. I got to watch both these players in their careers at DU and they were two of the best.
    Last edited by du78; 10-07-2010, 05:00 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Noted and corrected
      Attention listeners of 87.7,The Ticket, and PioneerVision

In preparation for tomorrow night's game, please get your scorecard out for "Jayisms".

Flying solo _____
      Flying solo without a net ______
      Most dangerous lead in college hockey _______

Even though Jay wasn't on air for the exhibition games, I trust he will shake off any rust quite quickly.
      Last edited by vizoroo; 10-07-2010, 03:52 PM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Just a note on a school record that has been in error since 1979 that was finally corrected. Lindsay Thomson has been listed as DU's leading defenseman in scoring with 149 points in 4 years. Lindsay was a fine offensive defenseman and put up some big numbers in the mid 1970s, heck of a player. Greg Woods had been listed as second with 145 points. Greg's career totals were missing a full 31 point season and are actually 176 points. He knew for years that the record books were wrong but never pursued getting them corrected until this past year. I guess maybe the big "60th" anniversary celebration got him motivated to do so. When I saw him this past summer he said he had spoken to Harold Byer about getting his record corrected. The new media guide shows that he has 176 points in a number of places but not all. The 176 point places him 9th on DU's all time scoring list and the guide should have him listed as being the top scoring all-time defenseman but it still has his old totals on that page. Any way Greg and Lindsay are still Number 1 and 2 but only in reverse order. I got to watch both these players in their careers at DU and they were two of the best.
        About time! Woody is a gem!

Comment

Dmann, remember your job is to keep us on page 1.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Former UNH commit Joey Laleggia (D) committed to DU. He played with Beau Bennett in Penticton last season.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
              About time! Woody is a gem!
              Hey Bagman, I heard Coach Dineen on a radio commercial tonight pushing season tickets! He sounded pretty good!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Former UNH commit Joey Laleggia (D) committed to DU. He played with Beau Bennett in Penticton last season.
                Would be interesting to hear the circumstances of his UNH decommit last summer. Sounds a little weird from what little I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  I see your pos-t-vac is working out.
                  Ok, I admit, I had to google that. I'm in stitches...
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    Would be interesting to hear the circumstances of his UNH decommit last summer. Sounds a little weird from what little I know...
                    Actually it all went South, or West in this case, last month.

Tough break for UNH. They have lost a TON of committed recruits.

Odds are he found out about the Hotties in Colorado and it was all over.
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 10-07-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                      Hey Bagman, I heard Coach Dineen on a radio commercial tonight pushing season tickets! He sounded pretty good!
                      You gotta catch a game when you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Ok, I admit, I had to google that. I'm in stitches...
                        If the thing works as advertised, it's at least theoretically possible you could get along without "the wife." Just sayin'
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

If the thing works as advertised, it's at least theoretically possible you could get along without "the wife." Just sayin'
                          You're killing it tonight.

Somebody start the freakin' hockey season.

Comment

*****http://i2.***********.com/albums/y48/mason000/celebrity.jpg******

Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis man?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              You're killing it tonight.

Somebody start the freakin' hockey season.
                              Is tomorrow soon enought?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                *****http://i2.***********.com/albums/y48/mason000/celebrity.jpg******

Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis man?
                                "I'll take "the rapists" for 500 dollars Alex."

Comment

Working...
                                X