X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    It would appear as though our defense is in great shape, seems like we have plenty of fire powere on offense, but what about in net? That is the question!!!
    I am not yet convinced this DU team will have very much firepower. I expect DU to be about a 3.0 GPG team, which is an average offense at best. Where DU is going to be successful is at the defensive end of the ice, where the team is going to need to win 3-2 and 2-1 games to have a chance, and that's where goaltending and defense are going to need to be top notch.

The Pios defense is probably going to be very good and should keep teams under 25 or 30 shots per game. Thus, if Murray or Brittian can be a .920 svs pct goaltender or higher, DU will be very much a contender.

If the goaltending is .900-920, DU will likely be mid pack and a stuggle to be a playoff team.

If the goaltending is under .900, it's going to be a very long year.

Comment

This weekend's exhibition game are being video and audiocast on Pioneer Vision for a fee at www.denverpioneers.com. The US U-18 exhibition starts at 7:07 PM MT on Saturday and the Lethbridge exhibition starts at 6:07 PM MT on Sunday. I believe you can get a 20% discount on the annual fee if you sign up soon. The DU schedule as of right now is not showing the games on the radio on 87.7 The Ticket.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        This weekend's exhibition game are being video and audiocast on Pioneer Vision for a fee at www.denverpioneers.com. The US U-18 exhibition starts at 7:07 PM MT on Saturday and the Lethbridge exhibition starts at 6:07 PM MT on Sunday. I believe you can get a 20% discount on the annual fee if you sign up soon. The DU schedule as of right now is not showing the games on the radio on 87.7 The Ticket.
        Just renewed my subscription.
        Another year of Jay Stickney on the schedule. DU plays the last game at the DECC so this will be the last year of the "small ice." But I'm sure we will hear "the most dangerous lead" and the "Big Sheet"
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Know the Isles are still playing a split team, but..Rakhshani has moved from the 4th to the 2nd line. Playing with 2 first round picks Bailey and Schremp.
          Keep it up Rhett!

Wiercioch still in the hunt for a spot with Ottawa.
          http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539224&navid=DL|OTT|home

Go for it Patrick!
          Last edited by vizoroo; 10-01-2010, 04:49 PM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...tSemester.html

Schadenfreude alert: I'm. . .not. . .saying. . .a. . .word.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Just renewed my subscription.
              Another year of Jay Stickney on the schedule. DU plays the last game at the DECC so this will be the last year of the "small ice." But I'm sure we will hear "the most dangerous lead" and the "Big Sheet"
              Don't forget your safety net, on those occasions when you're "flying solo."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Don't forget your safety net, on those occasions when you're "flying solo."
                OMG, you must be my safety net. And the Crown Royal Delivery man must be yours.

Maybe I should start a season long database for the most "Jayisms"
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  OMG, you must be my safety net. And the Crown Royal Delivery man must be yours.

Maybe I should start a season long database for the most "Jayisms"
                  Sounds like a good idea. Although to be candid, I'm not sure if the kind of "flying solo" Jay's referring to requires a net.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...tSemester.html

Schadenfreude alert: I'm. . .not. . .saying. . .a. . .word.
                    Sounds like a good idea. Although to be candid, I'm not sure if the kind of "flying solo" Jay's referring to requires a net.
                    Not...saying...a...word.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

BTW, counting on du78 for an early Game Day announcement!!!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKb32MZE3JI/AAAAAAAAJa8/oOQr58maYiA/s1600/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%3D%3D%5B1%5D.jpg******

10 things to watch for tonight....

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/10...ygame-day.html
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

DG beat me to it

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

Preview of the weekend from the DU website. Games are only being webcast (audio and video) on Pioneer Vision for a fee, no radio or TV. Mitch Hyder doing the broadcasts.

Rock getting a chance to make Isles. He played on one of the top lines last night against the Devils in a 4-3 loss and will do so again today. He was even for the game with no points and 4 shots, 2nd highest on the team. One of the Isle's forwards, Schremp, got injured last nigh opening up the door a little more. Here is an article Mike Botta posted on his Islanders Point Blank blog about Rock yesterday before the Devils game.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...-jb-and-frans/
                          Last edited by du78; 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            DG beat me to it

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

Preview of the weekend from the DU website. Games are only being webcast (audio and video) on Pioneer Vision for a fee, no radio or TV. Mitch Hyder doing the broadcasts.

Rock getting a chance to make Isles. He played on one of the top lines last night against the Devils in a 4-3 loss and will do so again today. He was even for the game with no points and 4 shots, 2nd highest on the team. One of the Isle's forwards, Schremp, got injured last nigh opening up the door a little more. Here is an article Mike Botta posted on his Islanders Point Blank blog about Rock yesterday before the Devils game.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...-jb-and-frans/
                            Rakh has turned heads with his speed and skills. Nice article. Listened to WFAN for awhile last night and the announcers gave him a nice plug.

Tonight we get a chance to see part of DU's future as Matt Van Voorhiis and Zac Larraza play for the NTDP.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Its a family thing...Becca Ruegsegger posted a shutout for UW in a 7-0 victory over RPI.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Luke Fulghum and the Belfast Giant Selects tied 0-0 with the Boston Bruins in the 2nd.

Oops 3-1 Bruins end of the 2nd

Luke should be able to catch the DU game tonight.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X