X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    DU receives commitment from Justin Jones for this Fall.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/08...on-of-nba.html
    Stats for Justin

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4527

His younger brother Seth will be on the USNDT U-17 team in 2010/11.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      Stats for Justin

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4527

His younger brother Seth will be on the USNDT U-17 team in 2010/11.
      Sign Justin to get a head start on Seth. Nice.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Sign Justin to get a head start on Seth. Nice.
        Probably the plan. DU did this with the Mermis brothers earlier this year.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

I wish we could have gotten Mike Testuide, too, as a brother package with J.P. Mike became a very good player, and caused the Pios quite a few problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            I wish we could have gotten Mike Testuide, too, as a brother package with J.P. Mike became a very good player, and caused the Pios quite a few problems.
            I think DU learned their lesson with Mike Testwuide.

Mike's stats in the USHL didn't warrant a full scholie at DU. And despite being a "Pio Killer," his career stats at CC stil wouldn't warrant a four year full-ride at DU today.

DU ended up giving full rides to forwards Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Glasser & Gifford that year. All four were drafted by NHL teams and came in highly touted. Mike Testwuide ended up having a more productive collegiate career than Gifford & Glasser, but 'dems the breaks.

Mike Testwuide is the classic "late bloomer" who improved dramatically in college.
            Last edited by dggoddard; 08-06-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I kind of think having Mike here in Colorado Springs added a little something to the rivalry for a few years. It would have been even more epic if he could have scored that hat trick while JP was still at DU.
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              Originally posted by duper
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by acling View Post
                I kind of think having Mike here in Colorado Springs added a little something to the rivalry for a few years. It would have been even more epic if he could have scored that hat trick while JP was still at DU.
                Mike is an example of what happens when a marginally talented hard working overachiever gets pumped up for his arch rival.

Comment

Mike is an example of what happens when a marginally talented hard working overachiever gets pumped up for his arch rival.
                  Could be. But I thought I read an article somewhere that his professional future is looking good, with maybe an outside shot to play in the NHL. If true, it would suggest that he is more than marginally talented.

Comment

Could be. But I thought I read an article somewhere that his professional future is looking good, with maybe an outside shot to play in the NHL. If true, it would suggest that he is more than marginally talented.
                    He has an NHL body, but the speed and hands of an AHLer.

Comment

USA lost 4-1 to Sweden this afternoon. Zucker did not dress and Bennett did not make the scoresheet.

Comment

With the final game against Finland today the USA coaches could go one of two ways. Dress the expected final team and go with the projected lineup or go with the guys who are battling for the final spots.

Comment

If Mike makes the NHL it would probably be the first time in history an NCAA forward recorded less than 10 points in an full upperclassman season and still made the Show.

He had 4 goals and 5 assists his Junior year.

Comment

Today is 08/07/10.
                            There are 62 days until DU's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of the regular season
                            56 days until the first exhibition.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

I think DU learned their lesson with Mike Testwuide.

Mike's stats in the USHL didn't warrant a full scholie at DU. And despite being a "Pio Killer," his career stats at CC stil wouldn't warrant a four year full-ride at DU today.

DU ended up giving full rides to forwards Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Glasser & Gifford that year. All four were drafted by NHL teams and came in highly touted. Mike Testwuide ended up having a more productive collegiate career than Gifford & Glasser, but 'dems the breaks.

Mike Testwuide is the classic "late bloomer" who improved dramatically in college.
                              JP was also a bit of a late bloomer--"a non-scholarship recruit" from Vail.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

With the final game against Finland today the USA coaches could go one of two ways. Dress the expected final team and go with the projected lineup or go with the guys who are battling for the final spots.
                                Not sure what to make of the lines for today's game against Finland, but Zucker and Bennett are both playing.

Forwards

Etem-Coyle-Morin
                                Kreider-Bjugstad-Palmieri
                                Zucker-Budish-Bourque
                                Brickley-Watson-Brown-Bennett

Defensemen

Forbort-Faulk
                                Domoulin-Ramage
                                Merrill-Clendening-Johns

Goaltenders

Campbell
                                Iles