Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

thats to funny
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Who will take his place at the World Cup from the ECAC ref corp ...wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... Baker
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Big Evil is back.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

FWIW -- Blackhawks blog opining about their prospects...listing Pirri at #8

"...8. Brandon Pirri (C) – Like Dylan Olsen, Pirri’s transition from the junior ranks (OJHL) to a collegiate hockey program was seamless. He scored 11 goals with 32 assists in 39 games with the Engineers, and was second on the team with 43 points in his freshman season. The Blackhawks will want him to bulk up – which he’s been doing – and could play out his collegiate career at RPI. (Previous Rank: 9)..."

http://www.redrisingblog.com/?tag=brandon-pirri
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 20 June 2010. There are 110 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              FWIW -- Blackhawks blog opining about their prospects...listing Pirri at #8

"...8. Brandon Pirri (C) – Like Dylan Olsen, Pirri’s transition from the junior ranks (OJHL) to a collegiate hockey program was seamless. He scored 11 goals with 32 assists in 39 games with the Engineers, and was second on the team with 43 points in his freshman season. The Blackhawks will want him to bulk up – which he’s been doing – and could play out his collegiate career at RPI. (Previous Rank: 9)..."

http://www.redrisingblog.com/?tag=brandon-pirri
              Interesting that he still thinks that Pirri will stay at RPI.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still believe a factor in the fate of how long Pirri will be here is the cap space problem the Blackhawks have. Would be interested in GLM's take on this issue.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Dubuque wrapped its hectic tryout camp yesterday, now Monty & Co. have some very hard decisions to make...article mentions " at least 24 D1 scouts" were in attendance. With this kind of pre-preseason attention paid by the Telegraph-Herald, I think we can expect some pretty good coverage come the USHL season.

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=286673
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Interesting that he still thinks that Pirri will stay at RPI.
                    I think that winning the Stanley Cup this year gives us at least an additional year with Pirri. No need to rush him. And the fact that they are just looking for him to bulk up, that is something he can do in college. No need to go professional just to get bigger.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I think that winning the Stanley Cup this year gives us at least an additional year with Pirri. No need to rush him. And the fact that they are just looking for him to bulk up, that is something he can do in college. No need to go professional just to get bigger.
                      I meant, by the way, that the blogger still thinks that he will stay all four years. That's the same thing that he stated when an earlier post on that blog was quoted here.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I still believe a factor in the fate of how long Pirri will be here is the cap space problem the Blackhawks have. Would be interested in GLM's take on this issue.
                        Cap doesn't really come into play so much unless he's going directly to the NHL. The Hawks are going to have to clear out space this year so they can ice a team next season and some of their guys in Rockford are going to have to get NHL time, but not that many. Guys like Bickell and Jack Skille will get a better shot now, but Pirri taking off sooner for the AHL reeks of bad ideas.

I really think he'll be here for three years. He has to get stronger to even deal with guys in the AHL. Lots of grizzled veterans there looking to teach young kids a lesson. Of course, if Brandon has a huge year this year and the team goes far and he plays a major role in their success Chicago might want him sooner than not.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          Cap doesn't really come into play so much unless he's going directly to the NHL. The Hawks are going to have to clear out space this year so they can ice a team next season and some of their guys in Rockford are going to have to get NHL time, but not that many. Guys like Bickell and Jack Skille will get a better shot now, but Pirri taking off sooner for the AHL reeks of bad ideas.

I really think he'll be here for three years. He has to get stronger to even deal with guys in the AHL. Lots of grizzled veterans there looking to teach young kids a lesson. Of course, if Brandon has a huge year this year and the team goes far and he plays a major role in their success Chicago might want him sooner than not.
                          Thanks

Comment

Today is 21 June 2010. There are 109 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Thanks
                              Keep in mind, that's just my stupid opinion. I have absolutely no idea what any of these guys want to do and a player's wants/needs have as much to do with things as the team that owns their rights.

I'm basically mostly talking out my arse.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post

A whole lot will of course depend on the money offered. I agree completely that 3 years at RPI is almost a given-if the financial offer at that time is substantial, he would be foolish not to take it. Playing a 4th year in college and risking injury which could preclude a future in the NHL would be silly. Players like Cavosie and Tapper saw their chance come up and they took it. No one could blame Pirri or D'Amigo for doing the same. But in my opinion they are both a couple of years away from that level where it would make any sense. I am of course selfish and would love to see then stay at RPI for the full 4 years, but I am also a realist and understand the pressures in making that decision. Then again I am talking out of the same orifice
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X