Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
    Clarkson's still 0-fer on the power play, but we have looked good in four out of five games. General consensus is the shutout loss to Bowling Green was somewhat flukey - according to Coach Roll after tape review we missed about 25 grade A chances in that game. Team looked great against Bentley last night, and put up 53 shots. I don't know exactly when the last time we put up 50+ shots was, but I'm betting probably at least three years ago. Interesting stat of the season so far: Clarkson has 15 goals this year, and 14 different goal-scorers. Production is coming from everywhere right now and that in my mind makes us a dangerous team. Any line can get hot for a game and hurt you.
    Roll did that sort of thing when he coached D III Oswego. He could roll (no pun intended) out the lines and the goals would come from everywhere. My niece is going to Lake Placid for the game against SLU. (lucky girl) I hope Tech can make a good showing up there.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I think it is a good sign that we now feel that ties are like losses. The past two years, ties were wins, I would have been happy with a tie against the Jamaican Jr. National team the past two years. Things are starting to turn for the better for this program.

My thoughts so far...
      1) How can you not be impressed with the freshman class, so far they have 6 goals and 13 assists which is 40% of our scoring.
      2) I love the "fight for your playing time" methodology. Roll hasn't been afraid to take some older more experienced players out of the line-up so far.(Tremblay,Touhimaa) So far it sounds like all the players are on the same page and are in it to win it, let's hope it stays that way and the players that aren't getting much time will not get discouraged.
      3) I like sticking with one goalie. Karp has been very good in my opinion and not having to split time should let him get in a good rhythm.
      4) I do wish more fans were coming out. I don't want to sound like David Price and Evan Longoria, but this team is scoring goals, making plays and WINNING GAMES! Hopefully more fans will be coming to Cheel once league play starts.

Also this morning on SportsCenter, while doing the Blue Jackets highlight, John Buccigross mentioned that Clarkson alum, Chris Clark's father is his mailman.

Comment

Question for Clarkson fans - is Mike Garlasco hurt or has he been a healthy scratch? Just curious, our family is from the same town as his and we're hoping to see him succeed! It seemed like he had some initial success when he played in October.
        Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
        I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Sorry to break it to CCT folks, but Mike Zalewski has broken ranks and will attend RPI in 2012.

http://www.vipers.bc.ca/news.php?article=948
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Sorry to break it to CCT folks, but Mike Zalewski has broken ranks and will attend RPI in 2012.

http://www.vipers.bc.ca/news.php?article=948
            Well, CCT does have a Zarbo. Turnabout is fair play.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
              Question for Clarkson fans - is Mike Garlasco hurt or has he been a healthy scratch? Just curious, our family is from the same town as his and we're hoping to see him succeed! It seemed like he had some initial success when he played in October.
              I believe he was injured and held out for precautionary reasons. I do love his game, kid can fly.

Regarding Zalewski, as skiers like to say, some times you have to cut your own snow. Wish him the best.
              Last edited by drewcu; 11-10-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post

Regarding Zalewski, as skiers like to say, some times you have to cut your own snow. Wish him the best.
                Well said Drew. Good luck to CCT this weekend, I liked what I saw from you guys at the LP event.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You too Wicked....I think you got yourselves a real good player and more importantly a real good kid. Now back to biz.....apparently Sexton is gone for the season, Himelson for a bit and Cayer as well. This will give the frosh plenty of time o make a name for themselves.....lets see what we have.

LGT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                    You too Wicked....I think you got yourselves a real good player and more importantly a real good kid. Now back to biz.....apparently Sexton is gone for the season, Himelson for a bit and Cayer as well. This will give the frosh plenty of time o make a name for themselves.....lets see what we have.

LGT!!!!!!!!
                    Sexton is done ? Wow, what did he hurt?

Comment

Badly broken arm. He scored against Colgate, then fell into the boards wrong. They say his arm will be casted for 2-3 months, then they'll have to see how quickly he regains strength in it. So, he's out at least until February. I don't know what the rules are for a medical redshirt, but I'd think they would be better off trying to get him another year. He only played 4 games plus 18 seconds of the 5th game.
                      Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                      Clarkson 1990

Comment

Don't forget to wear GOLD tonight!

Tonight is the last game at Cheel until January. Game is sold out, should be a good end to the home stand.

Comment

Last night I went to the Adirondack Phantoms v. Norfolk Admirals game and Clarkson alum Tim Marks had his first career AHL goal which turned out to be the game winner for Norfolk and he was named the third star of the game.

Comment

Well, time to dust off this thread I think this may be the first road sweep for Tech in 2 years. I don't think the program is out of the woods, but we are heading in the right direction. Freshman class is really stepping up to the plate, we may not be a first place team but we are definitley not a twelfth place team.
                            Lets fininsh strong against Sacred Heart this semester and test the waters against tUMD at Cheel after the New Year.

LET'S GO TECH !

Comment

I was at the Clarkson/Quinnipiac game and I have to say I was pretty impressed (or at least as impressed as an SLU fan can be) at your teams effort and grit. They were having things their way and pushing Q around pretty much and then when the Bobcats came back they took it up another level and got the lead right back. Their passing was very crisp, their breakouts very clean and as usual Karpowich held down the fort (as he did in the Lake Placid game I saw)

Normally Quinnipiac in past years has been a team that hits a lot. However during this game your team did most of all the hitting. (Some of the cheap variety but hey, again I root for SLU).

Question for you Knight fans. I was standing next to a Grandfather, Father, Son combo who were Clarkson fans. I didn't catch the name but the elder gentleman said that his "son" who was standing next to him played for Clarkson some 20 plus years ago. He said he played in the AHL and for the Islanders. He was one real tall dude. Any idea who it might have been??

I'll bet Vic B could let me know........you trolling this thread Vic???
                              SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                                I was at the Clarkson/Quinnipiac game and I have to say I was pretty impressed (or at least as impressed as an SLU fan can be) at your teams effort and grit. They were having things their way and pushing Q around pretty much and then when the Bobcats came back they took it up another level and got the lead right back. Their passing was very crisp, their breakouts very clean and as usual Karpowich held down the fort (as he did in the Lake Placid game I saw)

Normally Quinnipiac in past years has been a team that hits a lot. However during this game your team did most of all the hitting. (Some of the cheap variety but hey, again I root for SLU).

Question for you Knight fans. I was standing next to a Grandfather, Father, Son combo who were Clarkson fans. I didn't catch the name but the elder gentleman said that his "son" who was standing next to him played for Clarkson some 20 plus years ago. He said he played in the AHL and for the Islanders. He was one real tall dude. Any idea who it might have been??

I'll bet Vic B could let me know........you trolling this thread Vic???
                                Checking HockeydB, the only Clarkson alum to ever play for the Islanders was Marko Tuomainen who played one game there, but played longer for LA. I doubt that it is he. It's probably someone who played for the Islanders AHL farm team. (Capital District?) I'll leave it to Vic et al.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X