Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

Mmmm. Just like old times. I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
      According to the roundtable, Clarkson vs. SLU in Lake Placid on Oct. 30....perfect roadtrip.
      Agreed Drew. It's early enough in the season that there shouldn't be "much" snow and hopefully the hotels won't be a fortune. I'm marking it on my calendar.

Just a warning Drew... if you're planning on a room, some of the hotels are starting to sell out "regular price" rooms already.
      Last edited by FireKnight; 06-18-2010, 07:28 AM.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I just realized it is a "one day" showcase...meaning Union-RPI is the first game and SLU-Clarkson is the late game...there is no winner game on Sunday.

Comment

It's a "showcase" for the four local teams (maybe trying to re-prove the viability of LP as a tournament site?), not a tournament.

And, other than the NU away game (which I'm really, really glad is happening) and the Bentley home game (which I'm not surprised by), RPI's non-conference opponents were already known or had been in the works for some time. We really only had one non-conference game to spare.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I just realized it is a "one day" showcase...meaning Union-RPI is the first game and SLU-Clarkson is the late game...there is no winner game on Sunday.
            Correct - it is not a tourney...but will be a fun early season event none the less.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

According to the roundtable, Clarkson vs. SLU in Lake Placid on Oct. 30....perfect roadtrip.
              Agreed. The fiance has been wanting to go to Placid for a while. This is he perfect excuse. Thanks drewcu.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

The passing away of a Clarkson Hockey Legend. RIP Eddie.

http://clarksonathletics.com/news/20...spx?path=mhock
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I was a little suprised our back up goalie, Cody Rosen, was selected by the Islanders today in the 7th round.... Congrats to him.

Current draft picks with Clarkson :
                  BRYAN RUFENACH, D
                  MARK BOROWIECKI, D
                  JULIEN CAYER, F
                  NICK TREMBLAY, F
                  PAUL KARPOWICH, G
                  BEN SEXTON, F
                  CODY ROSEN, G
                  Last edited by drewcu; 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Congrats to Cody. I'm going to get up to Cheel with my uncle who graduated Clarkson in 1945 with a 4.0 GPA. I figured I would take him up sometime. (Hopefully when RPI is town.)

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Spotted this in a Dallas Stars blog reporting on attendees at their prospects camp:

"...Matt Nickerson has played in Finland, Sweden and saw some time in the AHL this past season."
                      http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...camp_thoughts/

Oh my gawd, he's back !
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Any word on the sked for this year? Is it in another thread?

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Any word on the sked for this year? Is it in another thread?
                          http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team..../gender,m.html
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. Check your rep. I'll hope to be there for RPI.

Comment

Summer doldrums....ugh the off season. No idea what to expect from this team next year, but since this is a contract year we have to assume Roll is toast if this team is sub .500....or probably anywhere near .500 for that matter.

LGT!

Comment

Well drew, only 63 more days left in the off season. Call me crazy but I honestly think they will be competitive this year. I thought they really picked it up at the end of the season. One of their biggest problems was injuries and with a 30+ man roster, that shouldn't be as big of a problem. Also Karp was noticeably better after Rogles came in and I imagine he will only get better for next season. Plus I really like the sound of how Tremblay and Sexton are doing at Bruins camp. And the Freshmen sound good too.

For some summer predictions, who do we think will be the captains? I think Freeman and DeFazio will keep theirs and I think either Boro and/or Oakley could get an A.

And on another note, any word if they are keeping the same jerseys or are they going to come to their senses and get rid of the emerald knight?

Comment

Working...
                                X