Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    I saw on the 2010/11 schedule thread that this was supposedly the last year of the Showcase (as in next season is the last).

Also, the Badgers get an exemption for traveling to UAA, so can play 8 non-con games, and I could be wrong but they should get one for the IceBreaker too, allowing them to play 10 non-con games.

Therefore (unless I'm wrong on the IceBreaker exemption) they should be playing UAH and UMASS Lowell at home, and finish off their games out east against BC and UNH.

As for when the schedule comes out...that is anyone's guess, UW is always one of the last ones, but it will be out soon since season ticket packages go out for renewal.
    I don't think you can snag exemptions for both an Alaska trip and an exempt tournament - and there's some rule about how each participant can only cash in on a tourney exemption once every couple of years...

The gist of it is that 8 non-con games is essentially the max.

UW played 6 'regular' games this past year but did not travel to Alaska. They had an exemption for the Camp Randall game, which was the 7th non-con game.

In 07-08, UW opened the season with the Lefty McFadden tourney, they later played @UAA, but still only had 8 non-con games. I'm not sure if the Lefty still has an exemption, but I don't think you can double-dip.

I also don't know what became of this proposal to basically end exemptions for tournaments, period:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-hockey/...053107aad.html

In that case, the only exemptions are for trips to Alaska and for the Hall of Fame game. Both of UW's outdoor games (Lambeau in '06 and CR in '10) were HoF games, IIRC.
    "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      Can anyone narrow this down for me? It only makes sense that one of the Tech/UW series' will be 11/28-29 or 2/04-05 but I don't know which one, or if it is home or away. Also, you and UAA have 4 dates that could be your away series with them so I can't narrow that down anymore either. Does anyone know for sure who your extra non-con series will be against? I've heard a game at tech bc and unh but i've also heard you might host umass or huntsville. Last, does anyone know when your schedule usually comes out?
      Previously had heard that Wisconsin was hosting games on the weekends of October 15th and Oct 29th, but not sure if thats still the case as the football game with Ohio St is now a night game on the 15th, unless they move the hockey series to a Friday/Sunday.

Also we only play UAA on the road next year which will either be Dec 4th or Feb 5th weekend. I would predict December 4th. I believe we're supposed to play UMass and UAH in non-conference and it appears the College Hockey showcase will be played 1 last year. If Wisconsin is still in the Icebreaker then it appears the BC/UNH return trip might be cancelled or pushed back a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I can't picture Burish spending a whole lot of time in a duck blind.
        You couldn't be more wrong on this one but whatever....
        The Quest For 7

Comment

I was wrong on a guess. UAA released their schedule so you can see what it looks like right now. I am very skeptical about the showcase, or at least Wisconsin being involved, after everything I've heard.

http://www.pucks.mitchsmisfits.com/C...20Schedule.jpg

Comment

I am rooting for the Sharks. I agree Pavelski & Heatley both get atleast 20 min of ice time a game, while Burish has gotten barely any ice time in the Playoffs. Do not get me wrong, I love Burish. He is a great promoter for UW Hockey. Hopefully Pavs can keep his hot streak going and add to his 9 Goal total in the 2010 NHL Playoffs and lead the Sharks all the way. I actually got me Pavelski Sharks T-shirt in the mail today. How sweet would it be if Pavelski won the Conn Smythe Trophy? You have to figure if the Sharks can make the Finals and win he has to be a leading candidate if he can keep it up. Question: Are Chelios and Rafalski the only two Badgers to hoist the Stanley Cup?
            Wisconsin Badgers 6X National Champions! 1973-1977-1981-1983-1990-2006

The only good Gopher is a DEAD GOPHER!!!

Comment

Heard today that John Byce has been in contact with Coach Eaves and is a candidate for one of the open coaching positions.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckinghamUBadger24 View Post
                I am rooting for the Sharks. I agree Pavelski & Heatley both get atleast 20 min of ice time a game, while Burish has gotten barely any ice time in the Playoffs. Do not get me wrong, I love Burish. He is a great promoter for UW Hockey. Hopefully Pavs can keep his hot streak going and add to his 9 Goal total in the 2010 NHL Playoffs and lead the Sharks all the way. I actually got me Pavelski Sharks T-shirt in the mail today. How sweet would it be if Pavelski won the Conn Smythe Trophy? You have to figure if the Sharks can make the Finals and win he has to be a leading candidate if he can keep it up. Question: Are Chelios and Rafalski the only two Badgers to hoist the Stanley Cup?
                Mike Ritcher, Brian Englom...I know there's more...
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Mike Ritcher, Brian Englom...I know there's more...
                  Didn't Tony Granato win one?

Comment

Dave McNab-07 (Assistant GM) Ducks
                    Steve Reinprecht-01 Avalanche
                    Gary Suter-89 Flames
                    Chris Chelios-02, 08 Red Wings; 86 Canadiens
                    Brian Rafalski-08 Red Wings; 00, 03 Devils
                    Sean Hill-93 Canadiens
                    Dave Maley-86 Canadiens
                    Brian Engblom-77, 78, 79 Canadiens
                    Wayne Thomas-73 Canadiens
                    Bruce Driver-95 Devils
                    Mike Richter-94 Rangers
                    Paul Stanton-91, 92 Penguins

Via 2009-2010 Wisconsin Men's Hockey Fact Book

Comment

Reinprecht won it with Colorado right when he entered the league.
                      Sean Hill didn't play a whole lot, but his name is on the Cup with Montreal in '93.
                      Gary Suter in '89 with Calgary.
                      Bruce Driver, 1995 with NJ.

More obscure ones:

Paul Stanton - '92 and '93 with the Pens.

EDIT: Chuck is faster than me.
                      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Heard today that John Byce has been in contact with Coach Eaves and is a candidate for one of the open coaching positions.
                        eff yeah! that's great news!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                          You couldn't be more wrong on this one but whatever....
                          Are you able to determine what I can picture?

I never said that he wasn't a hunter, I just said that I couldn't picture it.

And I still can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Dave McNab-07 (Assistant GM) Ducks
                            If you're mentioning him, didn't Badger Bob get one with the Penguins?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              If you're mentioning him, didn't Badger Bob get one with the Penguins?
                              I think the list from the factbook just included Wisconsin players.

Comment

Another good article about "The Big Pavelski".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=529064
                                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X