Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I know that this won't work in our favor (as compared to our hated rivals), but I would think that Frozen Fours count as well. Perhaps more as a consolation prize or a tie-breaker, but it still means something to me.
    I would never tell you that it shouldn't mean something to you.

To me, it's another NCAA appearance. One where we won at least two games. If there were 64(65) teams like basketball, I guess that I personally would think more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
      A winning record against Denver means just that: a winning record against the top-ranked team in the country.
      That sounds like a banner they would hang at the National Concrete Center.
      Old time hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
        That sounds like a banner they would hang at the National Concrete Center.
        And like many UND fans that seem to hang their hat on not winning it all but, "We did more than UM during the regular season" the past few years. At least, "7" made a small bit of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          And like many UND fans that seem to hang their hat on not winning it all but, "We did more than UM during the regular season" the past few years.
          Better than bottom half WCHA and no post season is indeed a lofty goal.

Comment

I know that this won't work in our favor (as compared to our hated rivals), but I would think that Frozen Fours count as well. Perhaps more as a consolation prize or a tie-breaker, but it still means something to me.
            Same here. Obviously winning in the ultimate goal, but Id rathar my team make it to the FF and lose than to not make it that far at all.
            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
            Originally posted by MadCityRich
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Gentlemen, those are worthy of signature quotes. Well done!
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Gentlemen, those are worthy of signature quotes. Well done!
                Thank you, thank you very much. I thought mine was good, but it was QUICKLY trumped by EoDS. I laughed for quite a while and this is no ****; I broke the back of my chair!!
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-09-2010, 04:38 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Thank you, thank you very much. I thought mine was good, but it was QUICKLY trumped by EoDS. I laughed for quite a while and this is no ****; I broke the back of my chair!!
                  MCR...I don't think it was the laughter that broke the back of your chair...

Comment

• Originally posted by sprig View Post
                    Better than bottom half WCHA and no post season is indeed a lofty goal.
                    Case in point. Way to come back with Halo induced bang, Sprig.

Comment

Not only did they name a town after him, but he has a banner hanging in his garage for having a winning record against Wisconsin with a shutout.
                      Last edited by Toe Blake; 07-09-2010, 09:28 PM.
                      Old time hockey

Comment

Which one of you is ShortstopGoalie?

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=8CyYyiC0HRo

*Full disclosure: I have the absolute UTMOST respect for Wisconsin and it's program... but holy hell, I don't think I've ever read such a heavy concentration of stupid.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Full disclosure: I have the absolute UTMOST respect for Wisconsin and it's program... but holy hell, I don't think I've ever read such a heavy concentration of stupid.
                          Clearly youve never read any of the rodents' threads.

Comment

Clearly youve never read any of the rodents' threads.
                            But he does read the BC threads, so therein lies the confusion in his statement.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=8CyYyiC0HRo

*Full disclosure: I have the absolute UTMOST respect for Wisconsin and it's program... but holy hell, I don't think I've ever read such a heavy concentration of stupid.
                              ftw

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                I don't see a winky emoticon; I hope you don't think a Badger fan actually posted that. If you DO, well.......

In the words of Ron White, "You can't fix stupid."
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X