Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    No kidding. The rodents can only dream about having the kind of talent that the Badgers have lost this off-season.
    How did all that "talent" work out for you this past year? Oh, that's right you got crushed by BC when it counted. You guys weren't even in the same league as them. The only reason you even made the game was because your road there was against a bunch of high seed who upset the good teams. We you finally played a decent team you were exposed as the avg team you were!

...and by the way your "talent" that MN could only dream about having...well most of that "talent" was from MN and in reality the Gophs sloppy seconds. So you can lie to yourself if you want; but it doesn't make it true.

ps - Chuck Schwartz -hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

No kidding. The rodents can only dream about having the kind of talent that the Badgers have lost this off-season.
      Wisonsin was certainly hit hard in a short time this post season, but Minnesota has probably been hit harder over a longer period of time than most programs. Early pro departures that had eligibility left last year for Wisconsin were Turris who played the entire year in the minors and McBain who played most of the year in the minors. Early pro departures that had eligibility to play for Minnesota last season were Okposo and E. Johnson - both full time and significant contributing NHL players, and Bickel who played entirely in the minors. If you look back at the last several years, you would be hard pressed to find programs that were hit as hard in terms of numbers and impact than Minnesota. Wisconsin and many other programs were hit as well, but I think the numbers back up what I am saying for the most part. Having said that, it's Lucia's responsibility to plan for it and he didn't. We'll see how Eaves handles it now.
      Last edited by Toe Blake; 07-07-2010, 01:41 PM.
      Old time hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
        ...and by the way your "talent" that MN could only dream about having...well most of that "talent" was from MN and in reality the Gophs sloppy seconds.
        So with MN sloppy seconds, you can make it to the National Title game.
        But MN, with the pick of the litter, manages 7th place in the WCHA and misses the NCAA tourney.

Interesting.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

How did all that "talent" work out for you this past year? Oh, that's right you got crushed by BC when it counted. You guys weren't even in the same league as them. The only reason you even made the game was because your road there was against a bunch of high seed who upset the good teams. We you finally played a decent team you were exposed as the avg team you were!

...and by the way your "talent" that MN could only dream about having...well most of that "talent" was from MN and in reality the Gophs sloppy seconds. So you can lie to yourself if you want; but it doesn't make it true.

Honestly, did you see your team play last year
          shhhhhhhhhhh, stupid people should just stay quiet.

Comment

Baggot article says Gardiner was considering leaving also but will stay.
            http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Wisconsin Hockey: Has the bleeding finally stoped?
            Last edited by GoBucky; 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM.
            Wisconsin Badgers
            NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Wow...just wow. Keep in mind, little piggy, that the Rodents werent even a factor last season.
              Also keep in mind that the Badgers had a winning record against Denver, which was the top ranked team in the country last year.
              You can call our players your, "sloppy seconds" all you want but the fact remains that unlike the rodents, Wisconsin went to the Frozen Four and was 1 game away from winning their 7th national championship, meanwhile the rodents were watching the game at home, wishing their were still playing.
              Last edited by GoBucky36; 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

*****http://www.jmorganmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/how-to-be-an-idiot.jpg******

Comment

Miss Piggy is the new Triumph the Insult Dog.....****Head the Insult Pig.

Hey RP, has your momma brought your lunch to you down in the basement?
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Wow...just wow. Keep in mind, little piggy, that the Rodents werent even a factor last season.
                    Also keep in mind that the Badgers had a winning record against Denver, which was the top ranked team in the country last year.
                    You can call our players your, "sloppy seconds" all you want but the fact remains that unlike the rodents, Wisconsin went to the Frozen Four and was 1 game away from winning their 7th national championship, meanwhile the rodents were watching the game at home, wishing their were still playing.
                    RP shouldn't be given the time for a response, but if you are going to respond, you need to do better than this. Wisonsin had a much better season than Minnesota but in the end, they took home the same number of banners. A winning record against Denver means exactly what? I think both fan bases can agree, finishing second is not a goal for their program.
                    Old time hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
                      Wisonsin was certainly hit hard in a short time this post season, but Minnesota has probably been hit harder over a longer period of time than most programs. Early pro departures that had eligibility left last year for Wisconsin were Turris who played the entire year in the minors and McBain who played most of the year in the minors. Early pro departures that had eligibility to play for Minnesota last season were Okposo and E. Johnson - both full time and significant contributing NHL players, and Bickel who played entirely in the minors. If you look back at the last several years, you would be hard pressed to find programs that were hit as hard in terms of numbers and impact than Minnesota. Wisconsin and many other programs were hit as well, but I think the numbers back up what I am saying for the most part. Having said that, it's Lucia's responsibility to plan for it and he didn't. We'll see how Eaves handles it now.
                      I though guys leave Minnesota early cause the teams that hold the draft rights to their players don't like how their players are developing under the Don?

Comment

Okposo and E. Johnson were heading to terrible teams who didn't have any other choice but to throw these two guys into the fire. Besides i think Okposo played the rest of the year in Bridgeport (AHL) after he left minnesota midway thru the year...

McBain was going to a team in Carolina who was stacked on the blueline with 1 way contracts, they can't afford to pay those contracts and have them in the minors so they had to play them until the trade deadline. With the way mcbain played last year, i'm sure he would have gotton in carolina a lot sooner but they had to clear out contracts first. Turris left too soon to a team loaded with prospects and there was no room for him in Phx, specially with them making a playoff run. So i don't think minnesota has been hit harder with better players turning pro, the organizations situation has had a lot to do with where they play. I think its fair to say that both minnesota and wisconsin along with every other top program have been hit hard sense 05.. I wouldn't really say minny has been hit harder tho, since 05 Suter, Pavelski, Piskula, Skille, Turris, McBain, B. Smith, Stepan, Goloubef, McDonagh is nothing to shake a stick at, just sayin
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

WOW.... McDonagh, Stepan, Gardiner, McBain,, i'm pretty sure minnesota would have loved to get any of these players, and i'm pretty sure these players chose Wisconsin over minny... so if thats sloppys seconds, i'll take it any year
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            Okposo and E. Johnson were heading to terrible teams who didn't have any other choice but to throw these two guys into the fire. Besides i think Okposo played the rest of the year in Bridgeport (AHL) after he left minnesota midway thru the year...

McBain was going to a team in Carolina who was stacked on the blueline with 1 way contracts, they can't afford to pay those contracts and have them in the minors so they had to play them until the trade deadline. With the way mcbain played last year, i'm sure he would have gotton in carolina a lot sooner but they had to clear out contracts first. Turris left too soon to a team loaded with prospects and there was no room for him in Phx, specially with them making a playoff run. So i don't think minnesota has been hit harder with better players turning pro, the organizations situation has had a lot to do with where they play. I think its fair to say that both minnesota and wisconsin along with every other top program have been hit hard sense 05.. I wouldn't really say minny has been hit harder tho, since 05 Suter, Pavelski, Piskula, Skille, Turris, McBain, B. Smith, Stepan, Goloubef, McDonagh is nothing to shake a stick at, just sayin

You can add Earl but you're not arguing Turris and McBain = Okposo and EJ are you? Minnesota has been hit harder and longer in my opinion. Vanek, Potulney, Irmen, Taylor, Goligoski, Chucko, Wheeler, Stoa, Kessel, Frazee, Okposo, EJ, Bickel, Schroeder. Just sayin too. They didn't all have the same impact or make it to the top, but any early departure hurts a program.
                            Old time hockey

Comment

You can add Earl but you're not arguing Turris and McBain = Okposo and EJ are you? Minnesota has been hit harder and longer in my opinion. Vanek, Potulney, Irmen, Taylor, Goligoski, Chucko, Wheeler, Stoa, Kessel, Frazee, Okposo, EJ, Bickel, Schroeder. Just sayin too. They didn't all have the same impact or make it to the top, but any early departure hurts a program.
                              I was with you until.......you're ****tin' me, right?
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Not only watching that game at home, but the frozen four semi's, all games at all the regionals on ESPNU and all the games at the Final Five.

An impressive off season to talk smack at Badger fans.

Highly touted talent doesn't automatically equate to team success gopher fans.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X