Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    Wow, you take this forum seriously, dont you? You said no off-season threads during the season and last time I checked, this is the offseason not the season.
    Whatever. Clearly youre going to find a reason to criticize me no matter what I do.
    Like I explained to you last time you created a thread, we always run Wisconsin threads to 1,000 posts. So when it gets to November, and we're multiple weeks into the season, and we're still running the off season thread, we look like retards. Just because other teams do it, doesn't mean we have to.

I'm simply telling you what the people that have come before me have decided for Wisconsin rules. It's no wonder some legendary Wisconsin posters no longer post here, or don't do so nearly enough.

Just because you come on here, and post a clip off an article from UWBadgers.com once in a while, doesn't mean you're contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Like I explained to you last time you created a thread, we always run Wisconsin threads to 1,000 posts. So when it gets to November, and we're multiple weeks into the season, and we're still running the off season thread, we look like retards. Just because other teams do it, doesn't mean we have to.

I'm simply telling you what the people that have come before me have decided for Wisconsin rules. It's no wonder some legendary Wisconsin posters no longer post here, or don't do so nearly enough.

Just because you come on here, and post a clip off an article from UWBadgers.com once in a while, doesn't mean you're contributing.
      Thankfully we have the thread police such as you to keep things in line.

Maybe you and any others who are so concerned with following the Wisconsin thread rules set down by our forefathers should form your own thread where you can discuss only whatever it is that we're supposed to be discussing.

Here's a clue. The online environment is an ever changing, ever evolving. What it was 5 years ago is meaningless. The people using this thread now get to decide what it is and how to use it. Those who left(or who may leave) forfeit their right to have a say.

I'm sure there's a way that you and the old posters who no longer post here because of GoBucky or me or whomever could make a chat room where only members could access it. Then you could have complete control over thread titles and content!

I appreciate your contributions to recruiting news, but you add zero around this thread in terms of entertainment. And the notion that we're worried about what other fans do with their threads is really kind of pathetic, don't you think?

Are you really like this?

Comment

Ugh.

Chuck I think the reason we don't have some of the veteran posters around here as much anymore is because some of them took themselves way too seriously, much like you seem to be doing...and then when they get called on it, they pout and take their ball and go home. Throw guys on ignore if you don't like what they're saying.

We all appreciate what you contribute, and respect your connections, passion, and the info you provide, but most of us come here to get away from the monotony of our days, not to watch grown men arguing like children.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          Yeah i think people are putting a little too much into B. Smith and Goloubef leaving. Gardiner will likely take B. Smith's roll on the PP and he is every bit as talented and will probably put up McBain type numbers there next season. Its not like we have some inexperienced freshman taking there place on the blueline, your looking at C. Johnson Springer and Little who have game experience and know the system so much better then there freshman years. The goaltending i think will be a notch or two better, Gudmandson got some great experience down the stretch that will only help him this year and with bennett pushing him i think Goody could be a top goaltender in the league next year.

Yes there will be a dip off in goal production next season but Stepan and C. Smith as the 1 and 2 centers, thats a pretty good start. (I think C. Smith will get moved to center next season) I think players like Lee, Turnbull and Murray will play key roles on the PP and one of them will put up Davies like numbers (his first 3 years) they won't come close to having the numbers davies had last season. It won't be as deep up front as last year but there are some goal scorers there as well as the BCHL kid coming in. UW will have to win some games with defense and goaltending, something EAves knows a little something about....
          While losing Goloubef and Smith to early departure is certainly worse then having them return for their senior years, our D corp will be extrememly talented and the envy of most if not all college teams (especially if McDonagh somehow manages to return). Schultz, Gardiner, & McDonagh give you 3 guys that can run a PP as good as any in the country. Add in Rampage and you have a solid top 4 with plenty of options to mix and match to get your third pairing which in honesty is more of a luxury then a neccesity (there is no reason a horse like McDonagh can't play half the game). Lose McDonagh and I'm not as confident because you will need a player that is much less certain to step into your top 4 (we will have plenty of choces still...but all will be far from a given).

Up front, we do lose a ton of experience, scoring, talent in the 8 departed forwards.

Comment

So when it gets to November, and we're multiple weeks into the season, and we're still running the off season thread, we look like retards.
            As Wisconsin fans, isn't that a given?

I kid, I kid!
            Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
              While losing Goloubef and Smith to early departure is certainly worse then having them return for their senior years, our D corp will be extrememly talented and the envy of most if not all college teams (especially if McDonagh somehow manages to return). Schultz, Gardiner, & McDonagh give you 3 guys that can run a PP as good as any in the country. Add in Rampage and you have a solid top 4 with plenty of options to mix and match to get your third pairing which in honesty is more of a luxury then a neccesity (there is no reason a horse like McDonagh can't play half the game). Lose McDonagh and I'm not as confident because you will need a player that is much less certain to step into your top 4 (we will have plenty of choces still...but all will be far from a given).

Up front, we do lose a ton of experience, scoring, talent in the 8 departed forwards.
              I agree, I think sometimes Badger fans don't realize how lucky they have been the past few seasons to have the lineup on the blue line that we as fans have gotten to enjoy. I have a hard time believing that an assemblage of five 1st and 2nd round picks (McBain, McD, Goulobef, Smith, Gardiner and Schutlz playing at any given time) will ever happen again at UW let along anywhere else in college hockey. We were fortunate and I know I enjoyed it and will enjoy the top notch crew still back next season.

Springer, Little and Johnson all have game experience and 2 or 3 seasons of practice under their belt, I personally don't feel too bad having those three as options, along w/ Frankie Simonelli, to fill in the last two spots in the lineup next season. The Badger blue line will still be one of the most experienced blue lines in the country, and right near the top in talent.

What we had as fans the past two seasons was special (even if the result in 2008/09 wasn't) and while this season will be a "drop off" it will drop off to one of the top units in the country, from DotA (which I always thought was a stupid term )

This doesn't even mention the next group of top blue liners lined up for the next few seasons in McCabe, Hesketh and Schmaltz. I'm sure the loss of Oz will hurt some in recruiting blue liners, but this is still Wisconsin, and Eaves will find someone to keep that trend going.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                I'm sure the loss of Oz will hurt some in recruiting blue liners, but this is still Wisconsin, and Eaves will find someone to keep that trend going.
                Guys like Chelios, the Suter's (all 3), Rafalski, Driver, Gilbert, Richter, Hill, Dessner, Norwich, Engblom, ect have been coming to Wisconsin to play on the blueline for decades long before Oz and that will not change because Oz moved on. Futher, I would not undersell Eaves impact on recruiting dmen. One of the more poinent things that stick in my mind is the Hobey Baker cerimony for Matt Carle where after thanking his mother, the next person he thanked was Eaves BEFORE his current coach Gwoz.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  As Wisconsin fans, isn't that a given?

I kid, I kid!
                  Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit.
                  Thanks, man. I was getting depressed reading the implosion. I KNEW I should have started a thread. My idea? "Wisconsin Badgers".

Fellas, this isn't an aftermath. I don't remember seeing a mushroom cloud or a meteor leveling the state. (Almost). We took 2nd place in the ****ing country! There are 60+ schools that wish they had our "aftermath".

(I know brian, 2nd place is first loser.)

Regarding coaches, who knows? I was traveling through northeast Wisconsin and da yoopee Monday. (I made a side trip to Marinette and grabbed a couple burgers at Mickey Lu's ). I was listening to 107.5 FM in Green Bay. It was a pretty good local sports show who interviewed Gamblers Coach Jon Cooper. Once the interview was over, the 2 on-air guys had nothing but love for this guy.

Of course I had heard of him up, by knew nothing about him. Once I did a search, I was impressed. I just wonder............

http://www.gamblershockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=146
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Thanks, man. I was getting depressed reading the implosion. I KNEW I should have started a thread. My idea? "Wisconsin Badgers".

Fellas, this isn't an aftermath. I don't remember seeing a mushroom cloud or a meteor leveling the state. (Almost). We took 2nd place in the ****ing country! There are 60+ schools that wish they had our "aftermath".

(I know brian, 2nd place is first loser.)

Regarding coaches, who knows? I was traveling through northeast Wisconsin and da yoopee Monday. (I made a side trip to Marinette and grabbed a couple burgers at Mickey Lu's ). I was listening to 107.5 FM in Green Bay. It was a pretty good local sports show who interviewed Gamblers Coach Jon Cooper. Once the interview was over, the 2 on-air guys had nothing but love for this guy.

Of course I had heard of him up, by knew nothing about him. Once I did a search, I was impressed. I just wonder............

http://www.gamblershockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=146
                    What he did w/ the Gamblers is quite impressive. They were HORRIBLE in 2007/08, then they hired him and have won back to back Anderson Cups, and possibly a Clark Cup tomorrow night in Game 5.

I know that talent flows into and out of the USHL pretty quick (kinda like college hockey), but in a short time he put something great together and brought the Gamblers organization back to the top.

Before that he was pretty successful in the NAHL, though I can't remember what team it was, but I thought he won a Robertson Cup before taking the GB job w/ St Louis or Springfield.
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

It's no wonder some legendary Wisconsin posters no longer post here, or don't do so nearly enough.
                      Hey, I'll ramp up my posting frequency so the "lengendary" WI poster's volume goes up.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Thankfully we have the thread police such as you to keep things in line.

Maybe you and any others who are so concerned with following the Wisconsin thread rules set down by our forefathers should form your own thread where you can discuss only whatever it is that we're supposed to be discussing.

Here's a clue. The online environment is an ever changing, ever evolving. What it was 5 years ago is meaningless. The people using this thread now get to decide what it is and how to use it. Those who left(or who may leave) forfeit their right to have a say.

I'm sure there's a way that you and the old posters who no longer post here because of GoBucky or me or whomever could make a chat room where only members could access it. Then you could have complete control over thread titles and content!

I appreciate your contributions to recruiting news, but you add zero around this thread in terms of entertainment. And the notion that we're worried about what other fans do with their threads is really kind of pathetic, don't you think?

Are you really like this?
                        A.) You caught me on a bad morning, for that I apologize.
                        B.) Apparently I add nothing, so I'll restrict myself to the recruiting thread.

Edit: Everyone just ignore my posts from the past 48 hours. Even when I'm going out of my way to not sound like a dick, I still sound like a dick. Sorry. Not sure what the deal is right now.
                        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-11-2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                          Tell me about it... i didn't know Wisconsin hockey threads had to be regulated like Wall street Bankers... Sometimes Uw hockey threads on this site seem like a dictatorship... I look at it as there are some people on this thread that could do with getting a life... but then again thats just one idiots opinion... :P
                          I agree with you 100%!!!! Honestly, I dont see what the big deal is with what we name a thread or in having an off-season thread (so we simply start a new Wisconsin thread when the season starts).
                          Apparently Im not supposed to post links and article clips either, as that isnt "contributing". I do that for the simple reason of havin links to credible sources to back up the things I say, so that people know its truth and fact, not rumors and gossip.
                          Honestly, I have a lot of respect for Chuck because of the info that he posts. I just dont much appreciate his apparent, "Im better than everyone else" attitude.
                          Last edited by GoBucky36; 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM.
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Me thinks some posters are overreacting just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              Me thinks some posters are overreacting just a bit.
                              No kidding.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think we should all have a few glasses of paint thinner and remind ourselves how much the Gophers suck. And cheese. Eat some cheese too.

Also, I blame it all on Alvarez. Everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X