Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Re: Blackhawks deep sixing Milwaukee's opportunity to get a team. I don't recall all of that but at that time (early 90's) I was so much more into NCAA hockey that I didn't really care about the NHL until the SC playoffs. Still don't for the most part...

but since it's been brought up...This is a classic that never gets old. Badger beating the **** out of a rat.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQqQ-L1jiAA&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQqQ-L1jiAA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

anybody know whats taking Brendan smith so long ot sign with Detroit??? Is it possible they are waiting ot see what Lidstrom is going to do???
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Re: Blackhawks deep sixing Milwaukee's opportunity to get a team. I don't recall all of that but at that time (early 90's) I was so much more into NCAA hockey that I didn't really care about the NHL until the SC playoffs. Still don't for the most part...

but since it's been brought up...This is a classic that never gets old. Badger beating the **** out of a rat turtle.
        FYP

This is one my favorite Burish fights. Just back from his injury in March. Eddie O is loving it! Who will he punk on the Flyers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIzWBIsdlTM
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          anybody know whats taking Brendan smith so long ot sign with Detroit??? Is it possible they are waiting ot see what Lidstrom is going to do???
          No, they've said all along that he is waiting until the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs:

Smith, from Mimico, Ontario, was a first-team All-American, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Defensive Player of the Year and the top-scoring blue-liner in the nation. He's talked with Red Wings officials and it was decided he would sign in mid to late June, which coincides with the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
          http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post

He signed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckyBucky View Post
              He signed yesterday.
              Edit: Wings just made it official

LINK
              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-27-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Edit: Wings just made it official

LINK
                I don't think anybody expected him to be in Madison next year. **** good luck to Brendan! The "Dead" Wings are getting old and I'm sure he's one of their best investments in the future.

At least he'll look familiar in those uni's!!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

According to @QuickFacts Kyle Klubertanz has signed a 1 year, two way contract with the Montreal Canadiens.

Comment

The first overall pick in 2007? Pat Kane, Stanley Cup finalist.

The second overall pick in 2007? JVR, Stanley Cup finalist.

The third overall pick in 2007? Should have stayed an extra year. In his defense, he seems to have had a pretty good season in the AHL - 63 points in 76 games.

And people actually thought Turris should have been taken #1 (I may have been among them, but for obvious reasons. )...

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I don't think anybody expected him to be in Madison next year. **** good luck to Brendan! The "Dead" Wings are getting old and I'm sure he's one of their best investments in the future.

Definetly not a surprise. It wasnt a matter of if Smith would go pro this summer, it was more a matter of when.
                      I say good for him. He was great as a Badger and Im sure he will be a great for the Wings.
                      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                      Originally posted by MadCityRich
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        According to @QuickFacts Kyle Klubertanz has signed a 1 year, two way contract with the Montreal Canadiens.
                        Congrats...here is another article.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=530347&navid=DL|MTL|home

He had a really good year in Stockholm.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

As a Wing fan, your anti Wing comment is making it hard for me to root for the Hawks. Anyway, I'd rather he be a "Dead" Wing than an offensive hatchett wielding red skinned Flatlander.

Wisconsin Hockey: Can we still freinds?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Considering some of the posts in this thread, Im thinking that would be a good title for the next Wisconsin thread.
                            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich
                            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

As a Wing fan, your anti Wing comment is making it hard for me to root for the Hawks. Anyway, I'd rather he be a "Dead" Wing than an offensive hatchett wielding red skinned Flatlander.

A Wangs fan would not root for the Hawks anyways...but nice try.

Comment

Speaking for all Hawks fans everywhere...

Not one of us wants any Wings fan to root for us and rather than taking any pleasure, no matter how small, from us hoisting the Cup, we want you to feel intense pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X