college hockey exemption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• college hockey exemption?

The Justice Department is investigating whether or not colleges awarding renewable one-year athletic scholarships are violating anti-trust laws. At present the investigation seems to be focused upon college football and basketball, but the case apparently involves a general point of law.

Do you think if one-year, renewable college scholarships for football and basketball are found to be illegal the Justice Department will grant an exemption to college hockey scholarships?

Re: college hockey exemption?

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    The Justice Department is investigating whether or not colleges awarding renewable one-year athletic scholarships are violating anti-trust laws. At present the investigation seems to be focused upon college football and basketball, but the case apparently involves a general point of law.

Do you think if one-year, renewable college scholarships for football and basketball are found to be illegal the Justice Department will grant an exemption to college hockey scholarships?
    of course, it's a no brainer.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

college hockey exemption?

In my opinion, it is the student/athletes his/hers to lose to not have an athletic scholarship renewed. Other than academics, getting in trouble with the law is the most common way a hockey player blows a scholarship. If it's through injury that a players playing career is ended, most/all colleges & universities will carry that scholarship for the remander of the season and then convert it to an accademic scholarship for the rest of their academic career. IMO, a coah/AD have to have a good reason to yank a scholarship. Not playing well or not being as good as advertised isn't a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post

Of course they will. Hockey is the thing that holds America together stronger than crazy glue.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So long as the number of scholarships is less than the number of squad members allowed to dress for any given game, I don't see an issue. If anything, I'd say that it would be better for the student, because if they don't like the atmosphere, they can always transfer elsewhere and not renew at the end of the year. However, that is pertaining to scholarships in general. I don't think exemption will be given to any sport should the ruling be to disallow renewable scholarships.

Comment

Working...
          X