Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    I'm pretty sure 28th is right around where everyone expected him to go all along. There was no drop. Get a clue, dunce.
    Please don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
      Wow, that low? With all the yapping from BU fans about how great he is, I expected him to go higher.

Now I see that scouts question if he can score against real competition. And he's not even the first Hockey East player chosen...what caused the drop?
      Central Scouting had him at #24 for North Americans and three Europeans were taken ahead of him, so #28 is right on target. And right where many respected draft predictors had him.

The future? He'll have to prove himself--on the ice-- like any other prospect. If history teaches us anything, it's certain some top ten picks won't ever reach the NHL while some lower round picks will make their GMs look brilliant.

But thanks again for the easy layup. Your assist total--for posting easily refuted blather--keeps on growing.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
        Wow, that low? With all the yapping from BU fans about how great he is, I expected him to go higher.

Now I see that scouts question if he can score against real competition. And he's not even the first Hockey East player chosen...what caused the drop?
        Did you come over to this thread just to make a fool of yourself, or was there another reason?
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          Did you come over to this thread just to make a fool of yourself, or was there another reason?
          NU fool is just beating his chest because of all those first round picks Northeastern had this year. Oh wait, nevermind...

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            NU fool is just beating his chest because of all those first round picks Northeastern had this year. Oh wait, nevermind...
            Northeastern did get mentioned! Someone who decomitted and went MJ.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              funny thing is that he doesn't post on NU's thread ............seems to me he has an obsession with Boston University as almost all his posts are on your thread.............enjoy

Comment

A noreaster is a storm which has nothing to do with northeastern.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    This.
                    congrats BTW on your milestone post

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      This.
                      Don't noreasters bring a lot of cold air, though? This one's full of hot air.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Don't noreasters bring a lot of cold air, though? This one's full of hot air.
                        ba dum chhh.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Warsofsky reacts to having his rights traded to the Bruins
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Color me torn...
                            ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

I do think being a little shorter has more of an impact on defensemen than forwards in determining whether a player can make the jump to the NHL, so the Gionta and St. Louis examples don't really fit.

That said, I love the trade from a Bruins perspective... Warsofsky is no sure thing at the pro level but he has the potential to be a really good top-4 d-man on a good team. He's a proven winner at every level. Sobotka was never going to be more than an energy guy for the Bruins.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                I do think being a little shorter has more of an impact on defensemen than forwards in determining whether a player can make the jump to the NHL, so the Gionta and St. Louis examples don't really fit.

That said, I love the trade from a Bruins perspective... Warsofsky is no sure thing at the pro level but he has the potential to be a really good top-4 d-man on a good team. He's a proven winner at every level. Sobotka was never going to be more than an energy guy for the Bruins.
                                Even if he's a third pairing guy on a regular shift, his offensive ability makes him extremely valuable on the power play. After seeing Andrew Ference man the point at times in the last couple years, I'd be excited instantly to see Warsofsky doing that.
                                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X