Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    t
    and the freshmen pick numbers in may now? before they have even finalized the recruiting class? and with pereira wearing 6 and now coyle wearing 3 its a good thing you only have a couple good defensemen because you only have a couple good defensemen jersey numbers
    defensemen have to pick from 2-8??
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

To continue the Coyle theme he had a little blog with NEHJ during the combine here. My favorite part:

I meant to mention what happened with Toronto on Tuesday. They asked me if I liked Sam Adams. I wasn’t sure what they were talking about. There’s a new rapper out named Sam Adams. I don’t listen to rap, but Hayesie loves him so I knew who he was. So I had to ask them, are you talking about the rapper or the beer? I don’t know if it was to lighten the mood, but it was pretty funny.
      If only there was a 3rd option But that actually is a great trick question to see if the kid knows more about beer than American history, funny that it was asked by a Canadian team though.

Comment

Canadian team with an American GM and coach who love hockey east.

Comment

It doesn't seem like Coyle is high on the academic scale. I hope he stays eligible for his first year at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
            It doesn't seem like Coyle is high on the academic scale. I hope he stays eligible for his first year at BU.
            "Incoming freshman forward Charlie Coyle will be honored with the John Carlton Award during the second intermission of Thursday's Bruins-Sabres game at the TD Garden.

The award is given annually to the high school senior who combines exceptional hockey skills with ***academic excellence*** while competing for an Eastern Massachusetts high school or junior team."
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Canadian team with an American GM and coach who love hockey east.
              I'm aware, hell the GM's son went to a high school 20 minutes from me, where I had a bunch of friends. It still struck me as interesting. I figure the question had to only be asked to New England kids, as I assume he is a fringe historical figure everywhere else, likely even worse known than Aaron Burr; and I doubt asking "What is your opinion of Aaron Burr" to all the Americans at the combine would result in very comprehensive answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                I'm aware, hell the GM's son went to a high school 20 minutes from me, where I had a bunch of friends. It still struck me as interesting. I figure the question had to only be asked to New England kids, as I assume he is a fringe historical figure everywhere else, likely even worse known than Aaron Burr; and I doubt asking "What is your opinion of Aaron Burr" to all the Americans at the combine would result in very comprehensive answers.
                Good points. I do though find it amazing that 2 guys who borderline run team USA are allowed to run the over the top, Candian team called the Maple Leafs. The fans up there die for the team. They are a cellar dwellar and i have heard talk radio explodes with how much time Burke spent working on Olympics etc over Maple Leafs.

Either way, i hope he continues doing what he is doing

Comment

Christ Noreaster, you really are dumber than bricks, eh?

Comment

You don't embarrass easily do you?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

You know, except for the fact that there's been no mention of Alex Greer, I would think Noreaster is BUterror reincarnated.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

That's butt error to you.
                        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          I cannot locate my 09-10 media guide. I knew I'd probably throw away something valuable while cleaning my room before move-out.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Universit...item35a9ba2f5d

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            BU is 2-5-1 all-time vs. BC at Agganis. On a tangent, I cannot locate my 09-10 media guide. I knew I'd probably throw away something valuable while cleaning my room before move-out.
                            Say what?
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I can get one cheaper than that.

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              Say what?
                              Touche.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The '09-'10 media guides were the last ones printed. Beginning next season, the guides will only be available online. I believe the Big 10 has done this for several years.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X