Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

I know what you are saying. The key here though is that his goal is NHL draft 2011. What program will make it a higher pick for him, BU or London?
    It will be interesting to watch play out. In my opinion, he will be the next Ethan Werek, will come down, train with Boyles etc and blow before September.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      I know what you are saying. The key here though is that his goal is NHL draft 2011. What program will make it a higher pick for him, BU or London?
      It will be interesting to watch play out. In my opinion, he will be the next Ethan Werek, will come down, train with Boyles etc and blow before September.
      Have you heard anything that Clendening is trying to work out a deal to get Sarnia to acquire his rights so he can sign with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        Have you heard anything that Clendening is trying to work out a deal to get Sarnia to acquire his rights so he can sign with them?
        wouldn't be surprised... if that's where he wants to play, if his options are better and his deal would exceed London's...While nothing is official, where there's smoke, well, you know the rest....

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Warsofsky also had Gilroy, Yip, Shattenkirk and Cohen standing in front of him at the point on the PP. Clendening doesn't.
          Exactly, #5 came to a team that was returning its entire PP blue line, and even so, by the end of the year when the team was up a man and the team sent out its best 6 players to tie the game he was out there.

Clendening's should have absolutely no worries about PP time. I expect he will join 5, 7, and 12. I think a forward will make the PP to give some rest to the D, since the top 4 will likely be logging a higher percentage of minutes than the top two pairs did in recent years; which now that I think of it, would probably be a plus to our undecided recruit.

Comment

that sounds good but wont help his draft status and pro development, which is all his father cares about.

Could care less about 4 years and the Beanpot.

Hunter wont trade anyones rights, especially a D who can run PP. Without the keys to the camper+

Comment

ryan whitney came to BU and went #5 overall after his freshman year
              colin wilson came to BU and went #7 overall after his freshman year
              ricky dipietro can to BU and went #1 overall after his freshmen year

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

that sounds good but wont help his draft status and pro development, which is all his father cares about.
                You do realize no one believes what you say, right? I mean if posting entertains yourself I guess it serves a purpose, otherwise I can't think of a reason for you to continue.

By the way thanks for the random grey rep about me being a fool and Parker Milner being a terrible goalie, not sure how that relates to anything I posted but I still appreciate it.

Comment

There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call.
                  what does this even mean?
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    what does this even mean?
                    i think he was making a comment on how BU's incoming 5 (his list) was it vs the incoming 7 or 8 on Jack's year end FOH letter.

whoever was being added to the list was cannon fodder. ie, red-shirted star trek guys who beemed down in the opening with kirk and spock. (later on: pickard and #1)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If BU is going to have Warsofsky, Nicastro and Clendening man the point on the power play, who are the forwards going to be? I know Connolly and Chiasson. Do you put the three freshmen there-- Coyle, Nieto and Gill? That's a lot of freshmen for your power play to rely on.

Comment

Maybe they have a couple walk ons lined up but I think we are discussing recruited players, not depth/fillers. Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so. If another MacGregor is heading there, great. There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call.

I saw Bavis in the USHL a ton in March and April. The D who he was watching and going after is going to CC instead.

They very well might bring a couple more in but it will have zero impact on their results.
                        BC's roster is set for next year barring early departures and none of those are expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                          If BU is going to have Warsofsky, Nicastro and Clendening man the point on the power play, who are the forwards going to be? I know Connolly and Chiasson. Do you put the three freshmen there-- Coyle, Nieto and Gill? That's a lot of freshmen for your power play to rely on.
                          I'd have Coyle and Nieto out there, probably on separate lines as wings. Other forwards: 10, 9, 18 and 22. Gill could be in competition for the 6th spot while 10 is on suspension, although the leading candidate for that is probably 6. Saponari was on the powerplay as a freshman, and the first two forward recruits seem to be more highly touted than he was. At this point, though, I'm more worried about the PP scheme than the personnel. Besides the month plus at the beginning of second semester when Colby's shot was on fire the PP strategy didn't impress me at all last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            1 left already, another soon from what I hear. The price you pay for success
                            who
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad
                              They will say soon enough.
                              typical response

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                I'd have Coyle and Nieto out there, probably on separate lines as wings. Other forwards: 10, 9, 18 and 22. Gill could be in competition for the 6th spot while 10 is on suspension, although the leading candidate for that is probably 6. Saponari was on the powerplay as a freshman, and the first two forward recruits seem to be more highly touted than he was. At this point, though, I'm more worried about the PP scheme than the personnel. Besides the month plus at the beginning of second semester when Colby's shot was on fire the PP strategy didn't impress me at all last year.
                                I don't remember exactly how many times Pereira appeared on the PP (probably less than 10), but I do remember him doing a great job on it at Harvard. Two PP goals if I'm not mistaken. He battled all around the net- in front, behind and on the doorstep. My guess would be he definitely starts the year on the PP while Trivino's out, and could earn a full-time PP spot depending on how he does.

Ideally, here's how I see the PPs lining up once Trivino's back.

Coyle - Chiasson - Trivino
                                Connolly - Warsofsky

Gaudet/Pereira - Megan - Nieto
                                Clendening - Nicastro

I can't really decide if I'd rather have Pereira or Gaudet on the PP. Like I said, they'll probably both have a chance to prove themselves while Trivino's out.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X