Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Well its just funny neither of you opened your big mouths until after the series was close. Typical Philly trash.

And the reason to root against the Flyers? It's Philly. All of your fanbases are filled with scum, with the tiniest minority of "good fans" of any city in the country.

You're about the only city that could fit in with hooligans of Europe.
    Oh please, there was no NHL talk here to begin with until someone brought up the oncoming choke job.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      Oh please, there was no NHL talk here to begin with until someone brought up the oncoming choke job.
      Agreed, can we please move back to BU hockey now that the Big B's are done for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Hey, the seasons final FOH letter came today, so word of roster moves may finally be hitting some now
        JP/kb lists the numbers for each class and for incoming Frosh it is "7 or 8." I count 5 so far, I assume if FL or BUH knew it'd be on the sidebar of the blog sooo anyone else have any knowledge? Rogie, have you heard anything? Butt error, have you seen anyone new walking the streets of Boston with #10?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          JP/kb lists the numbers for each class and for incoming Frosh it is "7 or 8." I count 5 so far, I assume if FL or BUH knew it'd be on the sidebar of the blog sooo anyone else have any knowledge? Rogie, have you heard anything? Butt error, have you seen anyone new walking the streets of Boston with #10?
          I don't have names, but that's not surprising. I was expecting at least one more d-man and at least one more forward (since Saponari-gate) this summer. So that would be seven. Maybe two more forwards. I don't think any of the new names will be Cisse or Privitera, though.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Clendenning, D
            MacGregor, D
            Coyle, F
            Gill, F
            Nieto, F

These are the only 5 coming in. MacGregor is a filler on D, the 3 F's will log good ice time for true freshmen. Coyle and Nieto being the best of the 3. Gill did betetr in BCHL at the end but speed will be an issue unless

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Clendenning, D
              MacGregor, D
              Coyle, F
              Gill, F
              Nieto, F

These are the only 5 coming in. MacGregor is a filler on D, the 3 F's will log good ice time for true freshmen. Coyle and Nieto being the best of the 3. Gill did betetr in BCHL at the end but speed will be an issue unless
              Fowards look to be immediate impact players, very excited about them. MacGregor is a fill in D as noted, but depending on circumstances and injuries, could work into the line up at some point. Biggest question is if Clendening will actually appear on campus in the Fall. His stock has risen in the past few months and that could translate to his going north of the boarder as many expect him to do. Playing OHL might be seen as a route to a higher draft pick for him in 2011. Him not coming to BU would hurt, especially if it does happen, and if so, late in the summer. He has said in article that he is ready for BU, but that could be "positioning" for a better Major Junior deal.

Comment

Agreed. With Clendening, the issue is his draft staus. As he is a late birthday, he will not go this year. It might be safer to go to the OHL and get drafted higher. He is not coming into BU and play special teams over Warsofsky etc. His father is a control guy who has had him all over the map in the past 10 years and wont wait if he starts to drop or not play. Might be more of a distraction than a long term plus.

Comment

Agreed. With Clendening, the issue is his draft staus. As he is a late birthday, he will not go this year. It might be safer to go to the OHL and get drafted higher. He is not coming into BU and play special teams over Warsofsky etc. His father is a control guy who has had him all over the map in the past 10 years and wont wait if he starts to drop or not play. Might be more of a distraction than a long term plus.
                  I don't think anything Clendening says can be taken with any sincerity whatsoever. I'd be surprised if he came to BU or any other college.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    I don't have names, but that's not surprising. I was expecting at least one more d-man and at least one more forward (since Saponari-gate) this summer. So that would be seven. Maybe two more forwards. I don't think any of the new names will be Cisse or Privitera, though.
                    From what I've heard that sounds right. I know BU has had interest in two d-men with size and one should be added to the class soon. I expect two more Fs, as well. One scholarship and a walk-on to give BU 15 forwards. Privitera is not a candidate since he's just a junior in H.S.

With just the five recruits now shown on Chris Heisenberg's list, BU's class was ranked 3rd by Red Line Report

Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Gee, how can you doubt the commitment of a kid who has professed that one of his goals is getting his picture on the wall at T. Anthony's ?

Seriously, I don't know whether he'll keep his BU verbal or go North. BU's coaches think he'll be on campus. His standout performance at the World U18s was a two-edged sword. Great that he performed so well on a high-end stage, but it certainly could motivate London to throw another bag of dubloons on the table.

I don't buy the argument that a year in the OHL would improve his draft status in 2011. The NTDP is heavily scouted and the NHL guys already know how Clendening can perform against 16-19 years olds--both in the USHL and in international events. In college, as a freshman who doesn't turn 18 until a few months into the season, he'll be challenged by mostly 19-23 or 24 year olds, many of whom have been drafted and have participated in multiple NHL summer development camps.

Clendening probably won't be on the first powerplay unit, but I'd bet we'll see him on the second unit, possibly with a forward like Coyle who was very effective as a PP pointman for SSK.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I think he'll see PP time right from the get-go if does come to BU. Warsofsky will run the top unit, probably with Nicastro at the other point unless Parker goes with 4 forwards. Who's running the second unit? My money's on Clendening. Nicastro saw a lot of PP time this year, and Clendening's much more hyped offensively than Nicastro. From what I've read, Clendening did a great job running the US PP at U18s. He'll get a shot and could be the second-unit QB from Day 1.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Clendenning, D
                        MacGregor, D
                        Coyle, F
                        Gill, F
                        Nieto, F

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        From what I've heard that sounds right. I know BU has had interest in two d-men with size and one should be added to the class soon. I expect two more Fs, as well. One scholarship and a walk-on to give BU 15 forwards. Privitera is not a candidate since he's just a junior in H.S.
                        Hokydad says those are the only five coming. Me, Rogie and the FOH letter say at least two more are coming. Who are you gonna believe, board?

Comment

You both make very good points. The risk is the downside, not the upside. Warsofsky was ten times the player at the natl program and he had to pay his dues freshmen year on special teams. If BU wanted to, they could feed him in slowly and try and keep him there a few years. That might work with the avg kid but his father is way to involved to ever let that happen. He would be like Kenny Ryan and end up in London by November if it wasnt all about him. The Hunter brothers know the father and they are in touch frequently. London is also desperate for a high end D and if you look at what they did with Michael Del Zotto and John Carlson, you will see why it is so enticing. Both went to London after good seasons, given the keys to the kingdom and were in the NHL the following season. London runs a high end power play with one unit, both Carlson and Del Zotto would stay out for both units and get ton of pp time. Clendening could try and work that type of deal and if so, could fast track where he thinks he is going, and it isnt T'Anthony's or Comm ave.

It is a coin flip if he comes and a long shot to stay more than one year

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            Hokydad says those are the only five coming. Me, Rogie and the FOH letter say at least two more are coming. Who are you gonna believe, board?
                            Maybe they have a couple walk ons lined up but I think we are discussing recruited players, not depth/fillers. Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so. If another MacGregor is heading there, great. There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call.

I saw Bavis in the USHL a ton in March and April. The D who he was watching and going after is going to CC instead.

They very well might bring a couple more in but it will have zero impact on their results.

Comment

You both make very good points. The risk is the downside, not the upside. Warsofsky was ten times the player at the natl program and he had to pay his dues freshmen year on special teams.
                              Warsofsky also had Gilroy, Yip, Shattenkirk and Cohen standing in front of him at the point on the PP. Clendening doesn't.

Comment

Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so.
                                By my count... BC has 15 forwards for next year and 8 defensemen.

They have no need to add bodies unless someone leaves early.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X