Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER SEE? THE B'S COMPLETE THE COLLASSAL INJURY DRIVEN COLLAPSE OR PULL OFF THE W TONIGHT AND GET SLAUGHTERED BY THE HABS?

It's kind of a toss up for me but interested in other B's fan perspectives.
    i know it ..........i'd rather win this game and lose to the habs..........that would be nothing new, been there, done that........so no big deal

Comment

Am I really the only one who thinks the B's have a shot against the Habs? I think that would be a very physical, evenly matched series that would go 6 games minimum. I know the Habs are playing great, but I don't think they're a great team. They were the 8 seed for a reason. Gotta win tonight first, though.

Oh, and anyone who even has to debate if it would be better to lose tonight is a moron. Even if the B's got swept by the Habs, winning tonight would give us our deepest postseason run in 18 years. I'll take that.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Am I really the only one who thinks the B's have a shot against the Habs? I think that would be a very physical, evenly matched series that would go 6 games minimum. I know the Habs are playing great, but I don't think they're a great team. They were the 8 seed for a reason. Gotta win tonight first, though.

Oh, and anyone who even has to debate if it would be better to lose tonight is a moron. Even if the B's got swept by the Habs, winning tonight would give us our deepest postseason run in 18 years. I'll take that.
        well, it was a hypothetical question, if you HAD to lose one of 'em...........anyway, on the deepest run is 18 years?? we all know it was since 1972 winning it all but go further back. they also won in 1970 but before that?? i believe 1941, so, make it 2 cups in 69-70 years ..........however, i also think they can beat Montreal..........with the hot goalie thing a lot of times that goes only so far and then he becomes mortal

Comment

You never know what can happen. Win and you have a chance against the Habs: they're not unbeatable.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

You know how I know it's the offseason????

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              You know how I know it's the offseason????
              When the offseason thread turns into the NHL playoffs thread?
              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                You never know what can happen. Win and you have a chance against the Habs: they're not unbeatable.
                If nothing else two game 7s should clue us in to that.
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

B's have to win to avoid the 3-0 collapse stigma. It's not like the Yankees where the b's can just spent $200MM next season to bring in guys that can reverse it. Awful yoke to wear....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post

More days in first place, more days in first place, more days in first place, more days in first place, more days in first place. more days in first place...
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

B's ain't losing this game. I dont know about how they'd do vs. Montreal, but I will be stunned if they lose tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        B's ain't losing this game. I dont know about how they'd do vs. Montreal, but I will be stunned if they lose tonight.
                        stunned as game 7 last year vs carolina?

Comment

they will win and will beat montreal,
                          They looked very good Wed vs Philly and will carry that over

Comment

Since we're talking Bruins, I know they're moving him up to the top line and I hope it gets him on track, but Blake Wheeler sucks. He's had chances and keeps screwing them up, too. I can't believe when Savard came back they sat Thornton instead of Wheeler before Sturm and Krejci went down and allowed all 3 to get into the lineup.

Ryder isn't lighting the world on fire either but jeez I can't believe people aren't killing Wheeler for his performances lately. Everyone just likes to honk on Wideman and stop there.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-14-2010, 03:13 PM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I agree with that one. Couldnt hit the ocean with a beach ball if he kicked it off the back of a cruise ship.
                              He simply takes up minutes

I love Thorton and get a kick out of how he likes to stay on the ice. Would love to see him bang one in. Clearly Julian likes him

Comment

i will bet anyone that whoever wins the west will win the cup......ill also bet itll be a quick series
                                NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                                HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                                BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Working...
                                X