PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

sterlippo1
05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
This reminds me of BU's choke job against Northern Michigan in the NCAA championship game. BU built a big lead then slowly choked it away before losing in heartbreaking fashion in OT.

you have a vendetta against BU, as i think FL was alluding to.............every post downs BU and I'm a BC guy but you lose credibility, man, with constant dumping on them. why not dump on other teams for a while, including your own and spread it around:eek:

Federal League
05-15-2010, 05:12 PM
you have a vendetta against BU, as i think FL was alluding to.............every post downs BU and I'm a BC guy but you lose credibility, man, with constant dumping on them. why not dump on other teams for a while, including your own and spread it around:eek:

I don't even care that he has a vendetta against BU. I'm fine with people like that as long as they use facts and know what they're talking about. There is certainly a lot of stuff an intelligent person could criticize BU for, and there are posters on here who do that and make very good points. What I have a problem with is that every post I've seen from Noreaster is completely unfounded, untrue and idiotic.

Terrierbyassociation
05-15-2010, 05:45 PM
since we're going all anti-boston...

now you know how we yankees fans felt in 2004 :D

No, yankeefn, your baseball team is the only team EVER to choke like they did.

mookie1995
05-15-2010, 06:02 PM

truth.

after three hockey teams do it, it's not really that big a deal compared to one single baseball team doing it.:D

Gryba Dekes
05-15-2010, 06:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/hockey/more/05/15/hockey.worlds.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

(some clever comment about this link and the Borat video)

yankeefn01
05-15-2010, 06:35 PM
not only did the bruins blow a 3-0 game lead in the series, but also blew a 3-0 lead in game 7 (don't get me wrong, I was rooting for the Bruins, but thre is something really nice about Boston fans getting to suffer blowing a 3-0 game lead)

snwbrdr
05-15-2010, 06:39 PM
1986 sox collapse was the worst. But long enough ago that I am forgetting.

2003 Boone was second worst. Felt like I was dying for days. But felt that much better in 2004 as a result.

Any series playoff loss to Habs feels worse than losing this series to the Flyers.

I will grant the B's D failed them, but watch the replays of Tuuka on the JVR goal, the Hartnell goal, and even the Brier goal and tell me he was not part of the problem.

Leighton outplayed him from the second period on.

Terrierbyassociation
05-15-2010, 07:14 PM
not only did the bruins blow a 3-0 game lead in the series, but also blew a 3-0 lead in game 7 (don't get me wrong, I was rooting for the Bruins, but thre is something really nice about Boston fans getting to suffer blowing a 3-0 game lead)

Your team blew Game 4 with the greatest closer of all time on the mound. One run lead and he gave up a hit to Millar of all people and then that superstar Bill Mueller drove in Dave Roberts after he stole second base.

Kevin Millar, Bill Mueller, Dave Roberts...I see their plaques in the hall...oh wait.

Then yet again you choked in Game 5! Two runs given up in the bottom of the 8th. Mariano Rivera again with the blown save.

Not only did your team choke, your team was the first to be up 3-0 to even see a Game 7, let alone lose it!!!

Bwahahaha.

Hokydad
05-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I love the sox but give a nice assist to steroids.

Terrierbyassociation
05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
I love the sox but give a nice assist to steroids.

You're ignoring the roids the Yankees players were on.

Hokydad
05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
very true, but I always new they cheated. The evil empire

joegrav
05-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Welp... if I'd known that the Bruins were given the hokydad kiss of death I would not have wasted my time watching the game.

Still in shock.

JHG722
05-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Don't wanna gloat too much but since there was so much B's talk...

http://www.weekendhockey.com/Tournaments/Images/Philadelphia/FlyersLogo.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

And c'mon, hatred for the Sharks or Flyers before the Habs? I'm disappointed. And Bomber, Hawks are still my backup plan.

We should probably hide from the board right now :cool: :D

Go Orange and Black!!!!!!!

Terrierbyassociation
05-15-2010, 09:55 PM
We should probably hide from the board right now :cool: :D

Go Orange and Black!!!!!!!

Well its just funny neither of you opened your big mouths until after the series was close. Typical Philly trash. :D

And the reason to root against the Flyers? It's Philly. All of your fanbases are filled with scum, with the tiniest minority of "good fans" of any city in the country.

You're about the only city that could fit in with hooligans of Europe. :D

JHG722
05-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Well its just funny neither of you opened your big mouths until after the series was close. Typical Philly trash. :D

And the reason to root against the Flyers? It's Philly. All of your fanbases are filled with scum, with the tiniest minority of "good fans" of any city in the country.

You're about the only city that could fit in with hooligans of Europe. :D

Well as I said earlier in here, I haven't been around at all. I just found out about the suspensions/incident/Saponari brothers the other day.

Terrierbyassociation
05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Well as I said earlier in here, I haven't been around at all. I just found out about the suspensions/incident/Saponari brothers the other day.

Convenient! :D

mookie1995
05-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Hey, the seasons final FOH letter came today, so word of roster moves may finally be hitting some now :p

yankeefn01
05-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Your team blew Game 4 with the greatest closer of all time on the mound. One run lead and he gave up a hit to Millar of all people
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/media/mlb/2003/1013/photo/g_redsox_il.jpg

Your team blew Game 4 with the greatest closer of all time on the mound. One run lead and he gave up a hit to Millar of all people and then that superstar Bill Mueller drove in Dave Roberts after he stole second base.

Kevin Millar, Bill Mueller, Dave Roberts...I see their plaques in the hall...oh wait.

Then yet again you choked in Game 5! Two runs given up in the bottom of the 8th. Mariano Rivera again with the blown save.

Not only did your team choke, your team was the first to be up 3-0 to even see a Game 7, let alone lose it!!!

Bwahahaha.
seriously TBA?? I didn't realize that only HOFers were allowed to get big hits in baseball games, let alone the playoffs. Is that really the best argument you can fester up? Instead of trying to rationalize it, just accept the fact that even though it isn't the first time in the NHL that a team has come back from a 3-0 game deficit to win the series, that it still feels like absolute **** for bruins fans. how many times a team in your league has blown a 3-0 game lead is completely irrelevant.

yankees blow a 3-0 game lead to the red sox... it feels like ****... if you want to tell me that it felt worse being a yankees fan for that to happen because it was our arch rival that came back to beat us, than go for it... but all you've come up with is that it was the first time for it to happen in the MLB, or how scrubs were the cause of the 4 game meltdown. I mean, seriously, have some ****ing integrity. the most famous blown save in rivera's history, and maybe even mlb history isn't even in that 2004 series, it's back in game 7 of 2001... and who got those game tying and game winning hits against Mo? Tony Womack and Luis Gonzalez... where are their plaques, TBA?

bruins blew a 3-0 game lead... their fans feel like ****... just accept it, and let those like myself who had to suffer through 2004 enjoy boston fans getting to suffer :p

TommyNoblesIsLife
05-16-2010, 11:56 AM

bruins blew a 3-0 game lead... their fans feel like ****... just accept it, and let those like myself who had to suffer through 2004 enjoy boston fans getting to suffer :p

Yeah, what really sucks about this most is not only blowing a 3-0 lead both in-game and in-series, but also the fact that I can't brag about the Red Sox as much since Yankees fans can come right back and say, "well the bruins choked, too. How about that?"

I will never forgive Dennis Widemann. (I'm choosing to blame all of this solely on him based on his sorry display of hockey in Game 5)

Terrierbyassociation
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM

seriously TBA?? I didn't realize that only HOFers were allowed to get big hits in baseball games, let alone the playoffs. Is that really the best argument you can fester up? Instead of trying to rationalize it, just accept the fact that even though it isn't the first time in the NHL that a team has come back from a 3-0 game deficit to win the series, that it still feels like absolute **** for bruins fans. how many times a team in your league has blown a 3-0 game lead is completely irrelevant.

yankees blow a 3-0 game lead to the red sox... it feels like ****... if you want to tell me that it felt worse being a yankees fan for that to happen because it was our arch rival that came back to beat us, than go for it... but all you've come up with is that it was the first time for it to happen in the MLB, or how scrubs were the cause of the 4 game meltdown. I mean, seriously, have some ****ing integrity. the most famous blown save in rivera's history, and maybe even mlb history isn't even in that 2004 series, it's back in game 7 of 2001... and who got those game tying and game winning hits against Mo? Tony Womack and Luis Gonzalez... where are their plaques, TBA?

Accept that you're a d-bag? God I pray for your soul when you reach the bar exam.