Signs of the Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of the Apocalypse

As it appears Brooky has bled out...again, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread which relates to the weird and wacky world of Hockey to pass the summer months. In keeping with the Sports Illustrated's theme "Signs of the Apocalypse" that appears in their mag I found this article this a.m.

One sure way to create a curse...The real Cup will never end up in Ottawa now...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...560/story.html

Re: Signs of the Apocalypse

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
    As it appears Brooky has bled out...again, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread which relates to the weird and wacky world of Hockey to pass the summer months. In keeping with the Sports Illustrated's theme "Signs of the Apocalypse" that appears in their mag I found this article this a.m.

One sure way to create a curse...The real Cup will never end up in Ottawa now...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...560/story.html
    I am so glad that Hockeytown, hasn't decided to erect some cup statue in Detroit. At least they still have a chance. GO WINGS GO
    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
      I am so glad that Hockeytown, hasn't decided to erect some cup statue in Detroit. At least they still have a chance. GO WINGS GO
      You know what they say, Big Cup............
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
        Ya..plenty of those in Ottawa!

Comment

Oh, my where are the post police when you really need them
          GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
            Oh, my where are the post police when you really need them
            Yeah. I just threw up in my mouth...

Comment

Ya..plenty of those in Ottawa!
              I dunno...What do you prefer Big Cup or Big Yap....

There is a lot of Yap on the Hill......but....often little action. This sounds like another grandiose idea from what one local broadcaster would term "a bunch of LW Granola Crunchers". Waste of taxpayers money.

P.S.....After tonight I think the Cup may go back to its roots. Les Habitants de Montréal.

Olé Olé OLé.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                P.S.....After tonight I think the Cup may go back to its roots. Les Habitants de Montréal.

Olé Olé OLé.
                As I said earlier. "Someone get me a bucket, I'm going to puke."

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  Be ready to bring that Bucket to the Garden in May.....We may still see a rekindling of the famous Bruin-Habs rivalry in round 3. Last time these two teams met this late in the playoffs was 1979.....The year of the infamous "Too Many Men" and the subsequent "Lafleur Goal" to tie the game. It cost Grapes his job.
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 04-29-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I dunno...What do you prefer Big Cup or Big Yap....

There is a lot of Yap on the Hill......but....often little action. This sounds like another grandiose idea from what one local broadcaster would term "a bunch of LW Granola Crunchers". Waste of taxpayers money.

Olé Olé OLé.
                    Woah there, OnMAA, let's not get to far ahead of ourselves now. If the Wings play like they can, the cup could end up in Motor City....at least that is my hope.
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                      THIS!!

Comment

Be ready to bring that Bucket to the Garden in May.....We may still see a rekindling of the famous Bruin-Habs rivalry in round 3. Last time these two teams met this late in the playoffs was 1979.....The year of the infamous "Too Many Men" and the subsequent "Lafleur Goal" to tie the game. It cost Grapes his job.
                        Easy OnMAA...the improbable Habs win (Miracle at the Verizon) last night has aligned the moons for a throwback 2nd round tilt between two teams that have also seen their fair share of historic battles over the years. Flyers vs. Bruins, Chara vs. Pronger, the Winter Classic rematch. Beauty!

My Flyers in 7...

Comment

Since this thread has evolved into an NHL nostalgic memory lane stroll, I figure it was worth noting that Boston is unveiling a new sculpture outside the Garden on May 10th. It will be the 40th anniversary of "The Goal" and I've heard that the statue will feature an airborne Bobby.

Yep, might have to take an early lunch to go check that out!

Psst... 5_4_Fighting, my Bruins in 6
                          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Since this thread has evolved into an NHL nostalgic memory lane stroll, I figure it was worth noting that Boston is unveiling a new sculpture outside the Garden on May 10th. It will be the 40th anniversary of "The Goal" and I've heard that the statue will feature an airborne Bobby.

Yep, might have to take an early lunch to go check that out!

Psst... 5_4_Fighting, my Bruins in 6
                            This thread may evolve into a lot of things.

Anybody out there remember who it was that tripped Orr and made him fly?
                            I do.

Sorry Ice... but the Standell's and Dirty Water can't hold a candle to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO3gPUn24FI

Comment

Easy OnMAA...the improbable Habs win (Miracle at the Verizon) last night has aligned the moons for a throwback 2nd round tilt between two teams that have also seen their fair share of historic battles over the years. Flyers vs. Bruins, Chara vs. Pronger, the Winter Classic rematch. Beauty!

My Flyers in 7...
                              Someone get me a bucket, I think I'm gonna puke. The only team I hate almost as much as the Habs.

Comment

Working...
                              X