Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signs of the Apocalypse

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
    What does a guy have to do not to get tasered at a sporting event these days?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Zqw5gD9FIAAK80
    This tasering incident reminded me of the guy that got tasered at the John Kerry rally back in 2007 - it was all over YouTube b/c just before he got lit up, he kept shouting, "Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
      Seriously. PLEASE!!
      *****http://www.d.umn.edu/~bgroehle/whokfzn42010/images/miller6919.jpg******

(where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
        *****http://www.d.umn.edu/~bgroehle/whokfzn42010/images/miller6919.jpg******

It's quite the special jacket isn't it?

You should see if she might let you borrow it. You never know, maybe all that luck might rub off on you too if you wear it on the 15th.

Worst case scenario, if you paired it with your new sundress, it would really complete the outfit.

Now THAT's a picture I'd really want to see!

Comment

Where the heck did I put that decoder ring......some of the posts have become lost in the translation, although the sparkly jacket photo needs no translation
          GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

To Brooky, 5 4 Fighting, R Starr.

OK. You hate each other. We all get it. We really do.

But what did everyone else on this forum do to deserve becoming constantly caught in the crossfire just because all of us happen to be here too?

Have you become that caught up in your little interpersonal war that you can't see that the forum as a whole and the rest of us who want to enjoy it too are becoming part of the collateral damage of your sniping?

For cryin' out loud...for everyone else it's like being a kid living in a house where the parents do nothing but fight 24/7 and you just wanna move anywhere else to get some sanity but you can't because you're at their mercy.

Either play nice for the sake of the kids, or divorce already and move out. No one wants to be around to see you kill each other.

Seriously. PLEASE!!

Despite our personal differences we all have a mutual passion for hockey. You all do have positive contributions to make there from time to time--could you try really hard just to stick to that for everyone else's sake and either work much harder to contain the negative personal stuff or do it in private?

Thankyou
            Loosen the bone Wilma...

I contribute regularly to many other threads in a positive manner on this forum. Greasing Brooky is only part time status for me during the off season or more often than not... when said poster insists on opening themself up with one of thier infamous, pompous, thesauras riddled post's.

These post's, how they are delivered and the way this poster uses thier 17K + post status are IMHO are so distant from what any true hockey player's persona is that I know....kinda makes the old trout open season.

I ain't stupid, I read these boards for a year before joining. I know who knows what and more importantly who the arse kissers are so please... don't try and tell Daddy how to make baby's.

Listen, hockey players are normally humble individuals that typicaly take a common dislike to people that author great long dissertations about the game, using big words and promoting a holier than thou attitude.... This, all the while knowing that said posters have never likley gone to war at ice level or even more likley... never had a pair of skates on in thier life.

Yup, throw in the disparaging remarks this poster sends to other posters (my self included) using the CP User route instead of strapping on a set and coming on the boards to say it, and well....screw that... These gems are gonna get a push back from me.... right out here in the open.

As for what RStarr is doing...

Dunno.... Maybe she shares my views....or maybe she's just over reacting cause Nashville is under water.

Thank You...

Comment

LOL, amazing!

I was away from this message board for a couple of days, and what did I miss?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

LOL Play nice everyone!
              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
                Where the heck did I put that decoder ring....

Good one. As noted in a previous post somewhere....R Starr is headed to Vandy in the fall where sundresses are apparently the de rigeur fashion item girls need there.

Speaking of secret decoder rings and fashion , that reminds me ....when I was a little kid there was this promotion for a free decoder ring if you bought Keds running shoes. Needless to say, no other brand would do. I drove my mother crazy going to like a dozen shoe stores before she found a pair that fit me. Man, that decoder ring was a BIG deal!

Comment

Good one. As noted in a previous post somewhere....R Starr is headed to Vandy in the fall where sundresses are apparently the de rigeur fashion item girls need there.

Speaking of secret decoder rings and fashion , that reminds me ....when I was a little kid there was this promotion for a free decoder ring if you bought Keds running shoes. Needless to say, no other brand would do. I drove my mother crazy going to like a dozen shoe stores before she found a pair that fit me. Man, that decoder ring was a BIG deal!

I loved Keds. Mine had the coolest red bottoms that you ever saw.

Comment

I had a pair of Pro Keds in high school as it seems did everyone else. The Pro Keds were the preeminent athletic shoe in the 60's & 70's.

I see now there is the Green Ked. These "sneakers" offer organic cotton uppers, 20% recycled rubber soles, non-toxic ink & dies, nickle free eyelets and shoelaces made from 100% recycled polyethelene terephthalate. Better get me a pair of those...

Comment

Happy Mothers Day...to all those Hockey Mom's your a superior class!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2lw-...eature=related

Comment

I had a pair of Pro Keds in high school as it seems did everyone else. The Pro Keds were the preeminent athletic shoe in the 60's & 70's.

I see now there is the Green Ked. These "sneakers" offer organic cotton uppers, 20% recycled rubber soles, non-toxic ink & dies, nickle free eyelets and shoelaces made from 100% recycled polyethelene terephthalate. Better get me a pair of those...
                        Okay, so we now know that 5 4 Fighting is a salesman for Keds. NO ordinary person knows this much about ANY sneaker!

Oh and the shoe of the 80's? Converse All Star with the leather upper. Larry Bird, Dr. J, Magic Johnson all wore the Chevron and Star. Converse had a good run until the "Air Jordan" was introduced in the latter 80's.
                        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

[QUOTE=IceIsNice;4772249]Okay, so we now know that 5 4 Fighting is a salesman for Keds. NO ordinary person knows this much about ANY sneaker!

Oh and the shoe of the 80's? Converse All Star with the leather upper. Larry Bird, Dr. J, Magic Johnson all wore the Chevron and Star. Converse had a good run until the "Air Jordan" was introduced in the latter 80's.
                          [QUOTE]

Nope not a salesman for Keds...but have been involved in the sporting goods industry for some time.

Interesting to note that Reebok introduced the PUMP to thier basketball shoe in the late 80's. This internal inflation device contoured to the foot and was promoted as adding stability and performance. CCM, who is owned by Reebok introduced the PUMP to the skate in the mid 90's with little success due to quality problems. It was reintroduced in 2006 and has become popular due to it's comfort, form fit and the fact that Sidney wears the 9K model...

Comment

Is this an attempt to make up for all of the batteries that end up in the landfill when parents throw away those blinky light up sneakers?

My favorite is still the high top Chuck Taylor from Converse. They probably have all nickle eyelets.

Comment

Our local paper wrote a story on the weekend regarding Mr. Hockey, George Pelawa (1968 - 1986 - Bemidji, Minn.).

I can tell you as a Calgary Flames follower, he won't be forgotten around these parts any time soon.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...812/story.html

I noticed on one of the accompanying photo's a 1986 picture of him playing in a Bemidji State uniform that the boards were clear and presumably made from plexiglass?? Can anyone identify what rink they were in and what team they were playing?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...859/story.html

Comment

Bemidji High School uniform. George was a UND recruit. I believe the venue is the old St. Paul Civic Center...state tournament photo most likely.

George had just scored on the Bloomington Jefferson Jags apparently.
                                Last edited by brookyone; 05-10-2010, 06:33 PM.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X