Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2010-11 season

Yup.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: RPI 2010-11 season

From the directory. Missy Mankey is the only known recruit missing now.

Name: Logonaimanufaal Anne Letuligasenoa
    Class: First-Year Student
    Curriculum: Communication

That answers a question. It looks like there is a 15-letter limit on first names.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Laura Gersten has won the Sarah Devens Award. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...426100348.aspx
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the RPI directory:

Name: Melissa Margaret Mankey
        Class: First-Year Student
        Curriculum: Business and Management

All the known recruits are there now.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Kendra Dunlop was named the Captain for next season http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...513104819.aspx. Three A's were also announced.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The press release on the recruits is out.

Edit: I thought of Dr. D's preference for size and chuckled when I read that Nona Letuligasenoa "will add size and strength to our blue line." She's listed at 5'6".
            Last edited by rpi82; 05-26-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Edit: I thought of Dr. D's preference for size and chuckled when I read that Nona Letuligasenoa "will add size and strength to our blue line." She's listed at 5'6".

I think that she will add size to the name plate on her uniform.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The release states that 9 forwards, 4 dmen, and 3 goalies are expected back.

3 goalies is correct.
                dmen: Daniels, Castignetti, Vadner, Le Donne
                forwards: Stapleton, Guillemette, Horton, Padmore, Vandegrift, Harrison, Gaylord, O'Keefe, Dunlop
                and Jakubowski who is listed as F/D.

Someone is leaving.

Edit: 6 of the top 10 scorers are back indicates that Harrison, Dunlop, Horton, O'Keefe, Vandegrift, and Castignetti will be back. Tha means that one of the following apparently won't: Daniels, Vadner, Le Donne, Stapleton, Guillemette, Padmore, Gaylord, and Jakubowski.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-26-2010, 03:26 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Although listed as F/D, I only remember Jakubowski playing forward. With only two defensive recruits coming in I hope and expect that the four holdovers on the back line will return. If not, the Engineers will be awfully thin back there.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Don't be fooled by the "size", she will be a tank back there.
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Schedule http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=whock&
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Without a Peer takes a look at the 2010-2011 Engineers
                        APBWiki

Comment

Nice summary, though I personally think the outlook for a "mid-pack finish" next season is pretty optimistic for RPI. Then again, you certainly can't fault a team's fans for their optimism.

Realistically, I don't see RPI placing any higher than 8th at best, given their graduation losses combined with improvements elsewhere in the league. Their most valuable assets will be Van der Bliek in goal, and the coaching of Burke who always seems to be able to get the best out of what he has on the bench on a consistent basis. With coaching and goaltending behind you, you just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                            Nice summary, though I personally think the outlook for a "mid-pack finish" next season is pretty optimistic for RPI. Then again, you certainly can't fault a team's fans for their optimism.

Realistically, I don't see RPI placing any higher than 8th at best, given their graduation losses combined with improvements elsewhere in the league. Their most valuable assets will be Van der Bliek in goal, and the coaching of Burke who always seems to be able to get the best out of what he has on the bench on a consistent basis. With coaching and goaltending behind you, you just never know.
                            I am being optimistic, although I won't put any real weight on my predictions until we see the teams in action. I debated even making a prediction, then wanted to say 5-8 and realized that really wasn't likely. But I have a hard time imagining them missing the playoffs. With what we know now and having not seen any of the teams in action, right at the cusp of making the playoffs is probably about right. Time will tell.

I agree about van der Bliek and Burke. There really aren't any other "stars" on the team, at least not based on last season's performances. The seniors really were the life of the team. Who knows if any of the returning players are ready to step it up to the next level. I'm cautiously optimistic that a couple will. We'll find out in a few months.
                            APBWiki

Comment

I agree that the true question mark for RPI next season will be the offense. Obviously Gersten was key on the blue line but there are 4 solid returners back there on D. And good play from van der Bliek is to be expected, so as a fan I am not too worried about the defense.

However as many have mentioned the loss of Wright, Weidner and Naslund could be detrimental if nobody steps up to fill that void. I believe the 3 key forwards will be Harrison, Dunlop and Horton. If Harrison can get back to her 30+ points she had freshman year, and Dunlop can increase her output to the upper twenties that should take care of the loss of Wright and Naslund. I think that with Horton having her freshman season under her belt she will have an improved point output as well. I'm very confident those three have what it takes to step it up. The real issue will be if the role players of last season like O'Keefe and Vandegrift can step up and have their best season yet.

I really do hope that a couple of these freshmen forwards can come in and help out because I don't see Padmore, Guillemette or Jakubowski all of a sudden having a breakout year filled with point production. Although I'd love to be proven wrong on that prediction

Comment

Working...
                              X