Comment

Re: Ouch!

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
        Did Brian McGrory get rejected by BC?
        It certainly seems like it!
        Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Looks like after this weekend, BC's contributions may include some payback to the Green Line
          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Strong Athletics Maximizes Admissions Selectivity

Apropos of the effects of the Hail Mary pass on BC's admissions standards, let me just pass along an observation from my cousin, who chaired the math department at Syracuse for many years.

Whenever the Orange football or basketball teams did well, the volume of applications invariably soared and so did the quality of the applicant pool. This phenomenon included prospective math majors (mathematicians delight in noticing correlations like that). Admitting better math majors delighted the senior math faculty because they would get to teach more advanced courses rather than introductory calculus. Admitting more math majors delighted the junior faculty because it improved their chances for tenure.

It was the unanimous view of the math department that lowering academic standards for approximately 100 students out of many thousands was a trivial price to pay if doing so achieved the aforementioned benefits for the math department! Faustian bargain or not, they prayed for the coming of another Jim Brown.

Comment

That was HILARIOUS.

The Globe posted an article that is anti-BC?!?!?!??!!!!!!1111one1???!?! I, for one, am stunned.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Is there any mystery as to why many newspapers and other periodicals are going out of business when the best they can do is publish trash like this article. I guess The Globe ran out of opportunities to print positive articles about anything BC or the other three institutions provide.

Comment

Not a BC fan in fact spend more time hoping they lose in any sport. However I must say that I am in the schools corner on this one. it makes no sense for them to give money to the government that has already spent itself poor. As far as the author What a TOOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X