Big Chill at the Big House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Chill at the Big House

over 73,000 tickets have already been sold. This game (Dec. 11) is going to smash the attendance record for an outdoor game.

Yea and it's presented by Arby's

Re: Big Chill at the Big House

Originally posted by WILD E WOLVERINE View Post
    over 73,000 tickets have already been sold. This game (Dec. 11) is going to smash the attendance record for an outdoor game.

Yea and it's presented by Arby's
    That is insane, what is your source? I got my ticket! Section 7 Row 70 Seat 1 haha. I might upgrade later and sell this one, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      That is insane, what is your source? I got my ticket! Section 7 Row 70 Seat 1 haha. I might upgrade later and sell this one, we'll see.
      Over 80,000 now. Front page link on USCHO.

Comment

Check out the website-

http://www.thebigchillatthebighouse.com/home.php

Comment

The event should be called The Big-Ten Outdoor Classic.

Comment

I think I'm 1 or 2 rows right behind you. The rink is going to be in the center of the stadium - I don't imagine the view will be great , but the event will be spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by WILD E WOLVERINE View Post
              I think I'm 1 or 2 rows right behind you. The rink is going to be in the center of the stadium - I don't imagine the view will be great , but the event will be spectacular.
              Yeah, I was at the Cold War game in one of the very very last rows in the upper bowl (but center ice) and it was still amazing.

Originally posted by cycledown View Post
              The event should be called The Big-Ten Outdoor Classic.
              Haha, with Mich/Wisc at camp randall it does seem to be the start of an annual thing haha.

Comment

Dear Barry Alvarez,

Watch and learn how to put on an outdoor game without ****ing it up.

Thank you,

55,000 Badger Fans.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As much as the outdoor games.have lost their luster, I do look forward to what this will add to the rivalry!

I also hope the University of Michigan uses this event to honor Coach Berenson for his contributions to Michigan. I am confident this will be his final season, and I would like to see him honored appropriately.
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Dear Barry Alvarez,

Thank you,

55,000 Badger Fans.
                    Dear Exile:

Wha' happened?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      Dear Exile:

Wha' happened?
                      Visibility.

UW promoted the Camp Randall game with one little 20 second blurb at each football game during the football season. And that was pretty much the extent of their attempt to promote the event outside of hockey circles up until December or so.

UW does a pretty poor job when it comes to actually making people aware of UW hockey. The "Badger" themed shows on FSN or Time Warner Sports are 100% football and basketball. You've got to be pretty lucky to catch a game live on TV.

So the casual fans who normally only go to football games or watch football at a bar (you know... the people you NEED if you want to sell out an event like this) are honestly not much more aware of the hockey team than they are of, say, the volleyball or wrestling teams. Everything they know is word of mouth or whispers of "oh, I've heard those games are fun". And the only promotion that was given to this event was a little something that 80% of the stadium ignores during football games. I was actually shocked that we got 55,000 people to show up.

Even if 80,000 tickets have been sold for Cold War II with little to no promotion, there's something going on in Michigan that Barry Alvarez isn't privy to.

Okay, that and sour grapes.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Even if 80,000 tickets have been sold for Cold War II with little to no promotion, there's something going on in Michigan that Barry Alvarez isn't privy to.
                        That number likely includes Michigan students, all of whom received tickets for the game with their 2010 football tickets. Don't know if Wisconsin students got something similar or not. Regardless its Michigan v. Michigan State, and its a hockey game in Michigan, there was never a chance it wouldn't be a success.

Comment

To be fair, the article on USCHO uses the terminology "sold OR ALLOTTED" when referencing the 80K number.... Those "allotted" tickets can be a huge chunk of tickets that aren't really claimed by people who actually want to go to the game... Merely tickets that are being offered up, probably as part of the Football Season Ticket Package or something...

14K in tickets in a single day is still very impressive for the event, but I am not ready to jump on the 100K bandwagon yet...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Dear Barry Alvarez,

Thank you,

55,000 Badger Fans.
                            Too little too late...
                            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Visibility.

UW promoted the Camp Randall game with one little 20 second blurb at each football game during the football season. And that was pretty much the extent of their attempt to promote the event outside of hockey circles up until December or so.

UW does a pretty poor job when it comes to actually making people aware of UW hockey. The "Badger" themed shows on FSN or Time Warner Sports are 100% football and basketball. You've got to be pretty lucky to catch a game live on TV.

So the casual fans who normally only go to football games or watch football at a bar (you know... the people you NEED if you want to sell out an event like this) are honestly not much more aware of the hockey team than they are of, say, the volleyball or wrestling teams. Everything they know is word of mouth or whispers of "oh, I've heard those games are fun". And the only promotion that was given to this event was a little something that 80% of the stadium ignores during football games. I was actually shocked that we got 55,000 people to show up.

Okay, that and sour grapes.
                              Michigan is doing a huge amount of advertising already and it will continue until the game. The web site is up, but advertising around Ann Arbor on local radio and in the papers has already taken off. Their was a big announcement at the Spring football game last week. Essentially they are going to do whatever it takes to get 80K plus in the building and really try hard to break 100k. David Brandon - the new AD has spoken about this game often. He did not come up with the idea as he was not around, but since taken over has stated that if they are having a hockey game in the big house it's going to be the biggest ever. A lot will have to do with the weather, if it's a decent day I think they'll see over 100K.

And yes, there has been speculation since this game was announced that it will be used in part to honor Red, who by many accounts will retire after the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X