Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Today is 28 April 2010. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Well, it looks like posting here has been dying down recently. Does anyone have any thoughts as to who (if anyone) will be inducted into the Ring of Honor?

I have a feeling that the next honoree will be someone relatively recent compared to the last three. My first thought is Daren Puppa. There is the question of whether the fact that he did not graduate from RPI will be held against him. I don't know if there is a rule that players must have graduated. There is for the HOF, but the ROH may not have any formal rules. Other possiiblities from that era are hammond and Carter. More recent possibilities are Neil Little and Joel Laing, and even Brian Pothier.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Well, it looks like posting here has been dying down recently. Does anyone have any thoughts as to who (if anyone) will be inducted into the Ring of Honor?

I have a feeling that the next honoree will be someone relatively recent compared to the last three. My first thought is Daren Puppa. There is the question of whether the fact that he did not graduate from RPI will be held against him. I don't know if there is a rule that players must have graduated. There is for the HOF, but the ROH may not have any formal rules. Other possiiblities from that era are hammond and Carter. More recent possibilities are Neil Little and Joel Laing, and even Brian Pothier.
        All good canidates, I think I would put Murley and M. Cavosie on the list as well. Also IMO, although his career numbers might not be eye-popping, Id really like to see some kind of small banner hung up someplace inside the fieldhouse with the #18 on it in memory of Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          All good canidates, I think I would put Murley and M. Cavosie on the list as well. Also IMO, although his career numbers might not be eye-popping, Id really like to see some kind of small banner hung up someplace inside the fieldhouse with the #18 on it in memory of Nathan.
          For some reason, Murley and Cavosie didn't cross my mind although they should have. I suspect that they and Pothier won't be seriously considered before they retire from hockey. Since the real object of the RoH is to increase attendance and M and C are locals, I would think that they would be honored eventually.

It would be nice to honor Marsters also in some way.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We won't be getting Ming the Merciless. http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2553623
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seeing as how we don't have a goaltender up there yet, I would be thinking along those lines.

We honored Marsters through the entire past year with the #18 decals. We did the same thing the year before in honor of Coach Harkness. Although I hear he was a terrific player (I did not get a chance to watch him play, as he graduated before I started to attend RPI), I would imagine there are other great goaltenders in RPI's long-standing tenure to be placed up there before Marsters, unless the RoH commitee feels he is the best candidate, which is entirely a possibility.

Comment

We won't be getting Ming the Merciless. http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2553623
                I guess suiting up for RPI wasnt a dream of his afterall.

Comment

For some reason, Murley and Cavosie didn't cross my mind although they should have. I suspect that they and Pothier won't be seriously considered before they retire from hockey. Since the real object of the RoH is to increase attendance and M and C are locals, I would think that they would be honored eventually.

It would be nice to honor Marsters also in some way.
                  Im kinda curious where they plan on hanging the new inductees banners in a few years, the wall behind section 1 is getting pretty filled up. Although with the new two story structure being built they might have to find a new place to hang the banners anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Seeing as how we don't have a goaltender up there yet, I would be thinking along those lines.

We honored Marsters through the entire past year with the #18 decals. We did the same thing the year before in honor of Coach Harkness. Although I hear he was a terrific player (I did not get a chance to watch him play, as he graduated before I started to attend RPI), I would imagine there are other great goaltenders in RPI's long-standing tenure to be placed up there before Marsters, unless the RoH commitee feels he is the best candidate, which is entirely a possibility.
                    I feel that there are several goalies who deserve to be honored in the RoH before Marsters including Puppa, Laing, and Little. Perhaps also Robert Fox, Bill Sack, and Don Cutts. (Kevin Constantine? I doubt it.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bah. Just another reminder that we can't win them all.

Anyway, with regards to the RoH and the banners... Abbie Moore won the WaP poll a few months back, but if you go by the somewhat established precedent of inductees being HOF members and alive, my money's on Joel Laing.

Nothing official on this, not even a rumor, but I have a little inkling that the championship banners as they are right now are going to be different in the near future.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Bah. Just another reminder that we can't win them all.

Anyway, with regards to the RoH and the banners... Abbie Moore won the WaP poll a few months back, but if you go by the somewhat established precedent of inductees being HOF members and alive, my money's on Joel Laing.

Nothing official on this, not even a rumor, but I have a little inkling that the championship banners as they are right now are going to be different in the near future.
                        Moore would be a very good choice also. I just have the feeling that we are due for someone who graduated more recenlty. I also wonder how the fact that he is deceased would be handled.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                          Im kinda curious where they plan on hanging the new inductees banners in a few years, the wall behind section 1 is getting pretty filled up. Although with the new two story structure being built they might have to find a new place to hang the banners anyways.
                          The design of the banners would eliminate using the catwalk, unless they were to go to a landscape format. That may be the best approach.

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2553621

Let's See, they used to be the Central Ontario Junior Hockey League, then the Central Junior Hockey League, and now the Central Hockey League. Next stop the Hockey League.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I think I would agree with you on this. Perhaps they will inter-mingle them with the other school banners and replace some of the RPI flags above the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I think I would agree with you on this. Perhaps they will inter-mingle them with the other school banners and replace some of the RPI flags above the ice?
                                Stop it before you hurt yourself.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X