Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Originally posted by babo View Post
    FD08: should we retire the swim? RB wouldn't be able to participate. What's a Banana Slug Muffin? The chant for the BRO always works best just having everyone say his first name really loud...it's sounds just like a "Booooooooo"..
    With Bo Dolan coming in, we won't be able to retire "the swim". However, it can no longer be applied when Jarmu Dangles scores a goal. (D'oh, I'm starting already.)

During the 2005-06 season, the RPI Student Union held a "Go Be Red" competition in order to enhance school spirit. The "Banana Slug Muffins" was the winning group of this contest, and were known for being very vocal and sometimes quite crazy. The next year, they ended up forming a group of student supporters known as "The Red Army".

It may be a good thing that Luke is showing up in 2011-12, because we do a similar cheer for our senior defensemen-turned-forward, Brian Brutlag.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      If Doc can get me connected with a shoulder surgeon and physical therapist that doesn't mind working for free, count me in.

Or I could show up and be the official "puttz" of the team. I don't trust my shoulder enough to do anything more than putt.
      U can come to the dinner after the golf portion for thirty bucks. Instead of the beer cart girl we can talk to the bartender and add more adult beverages.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I'm already in. GLM is going to need a cortisone shot or five.
        Instead of GLM doing cortisone shots, he can do cuervo shots at the dinner
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Yes, they are two different things. That's utterly meaningless to the discussion at hand, though, son.

Yes, please keep proving how big of an ignorant clown you are. Just keep yourself in the dark, you're far more hilarious that way. This is why no one takes you seriously.
          teh teh mad again

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            https://www.utsa.edu/ucomm/athletics/IV.htm

Hopefully this helps out a little bit. We can also throw in D-IAAA in there, though I have no idea what that is.
            It does help, thanks. But you would think that the NCAA would have a consistent designation criteria for all sports; in other words, aren't hockey divisions defined differently from football; football from baseball...etc?

Comment

With Bo Dolan coming in, we won't be able to retire "the swim". However, it can no longer be applied when Jarmu Dangles scores a goal. (D'oh, I'm starting already.)

During the 2005-06 season, the RPI Student Union held a "Go Be Red" competition in order to enhance school spirit. The "Banana Slug Muffins" was the winning group of this contest, and were known for being very vocal and sometimes quite crazy. The next year, they ended up forming a group of student supporters known as "The Red Army".

It may be a good thing that Luke is showing up in 2011-12, because we do a similar cheer for our senior defensemen-turned-forward, Brian Brutlag.
              So rich in history, this group! Bo does know hockey, btw...

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                teh teh mad again
                You're confusing mad for amused.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Hopefully this helps out a little bit. We can also throw in D-IAAA in there, though I have no idea what that is.
                  Informal term for D-I schools that don't offer football, like Vermont or BU, for example.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ighting-saints
                    They also added huge defenseman Luke Curadi, who stands at roughly 6'5" 250 lbs. Curadi played junior hockey in the east, before traveling to Penticton in the BCHL last year to play. He committed to UMass-Amherst at a young age, but ended up decommitting and then committing to RPI earlier this year. He'll be joined in Dubuqe by future RPI teammate Nick Quinn, from Ontario. Quinn is a mature player, who was coached by his father growing up, and is a very smart, solid player.
                    Maybe Quinn could give some of that maturity to JL.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      His Lax nickname was 'Jarmu Dangles'...don't ask
                      I may very well end up buying a new RPI jersey and put Dangles on the back of it...Too bad when I start yelling great play Jarmu most of the people around me will shoot me crazy looks.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        I may very well end up buying a new RPI jersey and put Dangles on the back of it...Too bad when I start yelling great play Jarmu most of the people around me will shoot me crazy looks.
                        They'll get it after a while, especially if the student sections start chanting it as well.

Comment

They'll get it after a while, especially if the student sections start chanting it as well.
                          Doubtful.

Comment

Doubtful.
                            You're probably right, as some of the other chants are a bit more understandable, like Springer and "Olé".

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                              Or RPI TV =(

We may miss the 21st and 22nd as well depending on where Winter Break falls...
                              Looking ahead at the Events calendar on RPInfo, looks like the first day of classes for Spring 2011 is going to be January 24th. Those games will be the weekend most students will be returning to campus.

Comment

I wonder why classes are starting up so late... was Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day moved back a week to the 24th? Will it be on the 17th? I always thought classes started back up the day after MLK day.

Comment

Working...
                                X