X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    Yet somehow, BC was able to pick up the pieces and make the best of their season...
    No argument there. Just saying...not every goalie can beat MC in Nov.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    The comment that was challenged was that UML had to replace the best goaltending tandem in the league from last year (which is obviously wrong since Muse/Milner were the best duo in the league between the pipes) and this is where we are now.
    How were they the best duo? They had a worse GAA and worse save %age then Hutton and Hamilton?

And yes while Muse has shown he can play on the big stage Milner has yet to show he is any better then H&H. Hutton kept UML in it against ME where Muse clearly didn't. As for the NCAA we will never no which makes even using that as a gauge a poor one. Muse was part of a BC team that won the NC but make no mistake, the way the offense was playing Beaudry, Dainton, or Foster could have been and net and they still would have one.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      No, the guy who allowed one total goal to the two top teams in the country when the lights were its brightest...
      Pretty sure it's the same guy

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Hutton kept UML in it against ME where Muse clearly didn't.
        This is your reasoning for why he's a better goalie than Muse. 1 game vs. Maine? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

How were they the best duo? They had a worse GAA and worse save %age then Hutton and Hamilton?
        Muse and Milner had more wins than their counterpart at UML... By your hillbilly logic, this stastic shows that each guy was better than his UML counterpart. Oh but wait, the stats don't tell the whole story, BC was a better team. But stats tell the whole story, they had a better save % than Muse and Milner. Back and forth hippie. Back and forth.

Let me end this game right now... Chris Venti is better than Carter Hutton because his save % was 1.00 and his GAA was 0.00.

Game over. STATS AREN'T EVERYTHING. Go smoke a blunt and remember those fond memories of Stalberg beating Air Force.
        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 07-13-2010, 02:54 PM.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          so Muse's postseason performance (which until this most recent Frozen Four I don't think you can call anything but "inconsistent"....blah blah blah)
          um what?

even prior to the 2010 frozen four, muse was still 15-1 in the postseason with a 2.07 GAA and .931 save %. his only loss was in 2009 to, eventual national champion, BU where he/they conceded 3 goals in 44 seconds.

in that time, he otherwise boasts 3 shutouts, 2 hockey east championships, a national championship, and wins over north dakota, miami, minnesota, and unh (3 times)
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

This is your reasoning for why he's a better goalie than Muse. 1 game vs. Maine? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
            No, the reasoning was the course of the regular season. You BC fans are the ones that want to keep bringing up the post season.
            Muse and Milner had more wins than their counterpart at UML... By your hillbilly logic, this stastic shows that each guy was better than his UML counterpart. Oh but wait, the stats don't tell the whole story, BC was a better team. But stats tell the whole story, they had a better save % than Muse and Milner. Back and forth hippie. Back and forth.
            Wins are a team stat. GAA and S% are individual stats and are thus better in comparing to individuals. Although, GAA does take into account team defense, save % not so much. Either way in the individual stats M&M lag behind H&H.

Let me end this game right now... Chris Venti is better than Carter Hutton because his save % was 1.00 and his GAA was 0.00.
            Weren't we talking about tandems? Do you want to trade out Milner for Venti? Great the kid made 3 saves. You get the point, you just don't want to admit to be wrong.

Game over. STATS AREN'T EVERYTHING. Go smoke a blunt and remember those fond memories of Stalberg beating Air Force.
            Ah, I was just waiting for the reefer crack. Thanks for not dissappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              um what?

even prior to the 2010 frozen four, muse was still 15-1 in the postseason with a 2.07 GAA and .931 save %. his only loss was in 2009 to, eventual national champion, BU where he/they conceded 3 goals in 44 seconds.

I think he was refering to :

giving up 6 goals to ME
              giving up 1 goal to AK
              giving up 7 goals to Yale
              giving up 1 goal to Miami before shutting out Wisco.

Either way, by my count this year he had a GAA of 3 in those games and 5 wins. So stastically looks pretty good and overall the team won, but MUSE's perfomance was inconsistent.

Comment

Hey guys how about a truce. We all agree that :

The BC fans would take Muse and Milner
                The rest of HE would take Hutton and Hamilton.

Case closed, no one is going to change their minds.

Or start a poll and lets take a vote

Comment

um what?

in that time, he otherwise boasts 3 shutouts, 2 hockey east championships, a national championship, and wins over north dakota, miami, minnesota, and unh (3 times)
                  Perhaps "inconclusive" would have been better than "inconsistent". I'll be honest and say that I did not see his performance in the 2008 regionals. However, in the Frozen Four, he played good enough to beat a North Dakota that didn't even show up, and a Notre Dame that was outclassed. York could have just dumped a pile of goalie gear in the crease that year and won.

I've seen a lot of Muse's postseason games, and I have never once thought that I would pick him to build a team around. He doesn't strike me as the type of goalie who will regularly steal games for his team.
                  Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                  -Fred Shero

Comment

Wins are a team stat.
                    That is funny. Because when I look up John Muse, he's got wins under his statistics. Same for Venti and Milner. I guess only BC does that.

And Martin Brodeur is not the "winningest goalie in NHL history" because they don't keep win stats for goalies only teams.

Keep hitting that bong, kid.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Which counts for what, exactly, in the regular season next year?
                      Why is it that UNH fans are always only concerned about the "regular season"? I guess the other HE fans are right about you guys. The season runs from October to early March in Durham apparently.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Fans of teams who want to win National Championships would take Muse and Milner

Fans of Hockey East teams who have never won a national title and no idea what a legitimate postseason goaltender looks like would take Hutton and Hamilton.

Case closed, no one is going to change their minds.

Or start a poll and lets take a vote
                        Fixed your post. Maybe if you were looking in from the outside in this argument, it would be clear.

I hope all of you agree, then, that Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Tom Brady because its the same argument (except that Mannng is a Hall of Famer and Hutton went to a doormat school in Lowell, MA)

Finally, the ECAC has Hutton-like goalies every year who dominate the regular season and win crap when it counts (LeNeveu anyone?). The last ECAC goalie who was a legitimate money goalie was Dryden (and Yan Danis)

Comment

Perhaps "inconclusive" would have been better than "inconsistent".
                          when is this not the case? cross reference a list of best goalies and a list of national championship winning goalies and i think you will find very few intersections.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I've seen a lot of Muse's postseason games, and I have never once thought that I would pick him to build a team around. He doesn't strike me as the type of goalie who will regularly steal games for his team.
                            Did you miss this one?

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20080...me=mu&gender=m

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              i would have picked

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20090...e=unh&gender=m

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20090...e=unh&gender=m

It's funny, UNH and UVM fans have this weird obsession with Muse. At the end of the day he's still won two more NCAA titles then both schools. Combined.

Comment

So, the only stats that matter are the ones that the BC fans cherry pick. Got it.

Why is it that UNH fans are always only concerned about the "regular season"?
                                Because that was the frame of reference of the post that sparked this "debate"

cross reference a list of best goalies and a list of national championship winning goalies and i think you will find very few intersections.
                                So, could it be possible, just possible that there were better goalies in HE than Muse last year?

Actually...

I'll be honest and say that I did not see his performance in the 2008 regionals.

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                                It's funny, UNH and UVM fans have this weird obsession with Muse.
                                Actually, this whole discussion was started when a UVM fan called Hutton and Hamilton the "best tandem in the league" last year, and the BC fans spazzed out because he didn't praise Muse as the second coming of Ken Dryden.
                                Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM.
                                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X