Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
    Haha I can definetely vouch for that as well!
    This is the guy you have to watch out for. He is a sly one

Comment

OK, that settles it PBW, keep your daughter away from rhbm2.0, '628, jd, and anyone with "President" in his user name.

On a hockey note, you have to believe the CCHA has gotten a lot more competitive with Blashill at Western, Bergeron at BG, and Osiecki at OSU. Should be interesting.

Comment

What guy in their mid-late twenties wouldn't wanna come back for GBD?

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
          Not nit picking at all, just meant to point out that for the last 15 years Markell hasn't been out pounding the pavement hitting all the bantam/midget/prep games that is required of an assistant. I never saw Markell at any MWEHL games but Jones was at dozens. Totally different animal from being the HC when it comes to recruiting. Your post I replied to was talking about Markell as an assistant.

No doubt the HC is involved and whole staff works on filtering down the list, but it's the assistant on the road who does the tough job of picking player a over player b then giving reco to HC, who typically comes in near the end for a look...and if he likes what he sees then tries to close the deal.
          Of course the assistants are pounding the pavement, that is their job....Head coach seals the deal. You made it sound like Markell wasn't involved at all. He and his assistants brought it great talent so they had to like him or he had to do something right to get those players to commit. Its a mute point now, but he must have some recruiting ability to get those guys to ultimately come to OSU to play for him.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Hey I think mcfarljd was the one hanging out at Pachinkos on GBD not me .
            Not to mention he was passed out in his car in Ft. Wayne hours before the Regional Final against Michigan....so dissapointing....
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              What guy in their mid-late twenties wouldn't wanna come back for GBD?
              More commenting on the freshmen local

Comment

Just throwing this out there to show what a class act the Miami program is, my 25 year old nephew was born with spina bifida and now plays sled hockey. They skated an exihibition during one of the Nebraska Omaha games this past season. They asked him to come back and be part of some kind of disabilties demonstration that happened today. My nephew called me tonight while I was at work because he was so excited. Pat Cannone, Justin Vaive and another guy (he couldn't remember his name ) played for a while with him and, according to my nephew, he schooled them in the art of sled hockey. lol.

Nephew said these guys were awesome! He had a great time and I'm sure the guys did too. I only wish I could have been there to watch him upend Vaive.
                You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                  Just throwing this out there to show what a class act the Miami program is, my 25 year old nephew was born with spina bifida and now plays sled hockey. They skated an exihibition during one of the Nebraska Omaha games this past season. They asked him to come back and be part of some kind of disabilties demonstration that happened today. My nephew called me tonight while I was at work because he was so excited. Pat Cannone, Justin Vaive and another guy (he couldn't remember his name ) played for a while with him and, according to my nephew, he schooled them in the art of sled hockey. lol.

Nephew said these guys were awesome! He had a great time and I'm sure the guys did too. I only wish I could have been there to watch him upend Vaive.
                  I actually was invited to this event through Facebook. They had the equipment there and some experienced players to put on a bit of a demonstration before inviting others to play. I know, as you mentioned, that a number of guys from the hockey team were planning to go. It's wonderful that they had an event like this. I wish I could have checked it out!
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Not sure how many of you receive the Miamian, but a terrific article in there on Brendan Burke and all of his contributions to Miami, the hockey program, and youth hockey alike. Really brings it full circle and always talks about the foundation started in his name. Really shows what a tremendous kid he was.

Comment

Because I like you guys, I'll let you know that you have a visitor coming in two weeks. NTDP defenseman Joey Fiala. Of course you may already know this and I'll look like a ******. Either way, I like Miami...there...I said it.

Also, forgive me if you have a recruiting thread that I don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Because I like you guys, I'll let you know that you have a visitor coming in two weeks. NTDP defenseman Joey Fiala. Of course you may already know this and I'll look like a ******. Either way, I like Miami...there...I said it.

If he does end up at Miami we can only hope that he is as successful as our current NTDP alumnus.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Chuck.

rhm, I saw that article - very nicely done and another great tribute, this time by Paul Daugherty.

Porch, that sounds like a fun event for all involved. And, I bet your nephew did school them.

Comment

awe chuck us red and white clad got to stick together lol, hopefully you will join in our hatred of Boston College with us lol.

Thanks for that update, I hadn't heard that but it isn't surprising that they are bringing in a defenseman. We will have a void at that position most liekly heading into 2011. You have a connection with the kid? any other insight would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                              awe chuck us red and white clad got to stick together lol, hopefully you will join in our hatred of Boston College with us lol.

Thanks for that update, I hadn't heard that but it isn't surprising that they are bringing in a defenseman. We will have a void at that position most liekly heading into 2011. You have a connection with the kid? any other insight would be appreciated.
                              He's a local kid, from Madison.

Comment

He's a local kid, from Madison.
                                You know who he has narrowed it down too?

Comment

Working...
                                X