Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    You know this just might work lol, I might start a MAC hockey thread!! The silent killer of NCAA Hockey, maybe they can pull in Notre Dame too! lol
    Screw ND joining the Big Ten, we all know the MAC is where its at!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Screw ND joining the Big Ten, we all know the MAC is where its at!
      Amen- will have a natural rival and cluster mate in N. Illinois and close distance to Western and Eastern. They would fit in great geographically. We could even invite Ferris if we wanted too...
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Word in the halls around here today is that free agent Jarod Palmer signed with the Wild. No verification, but if so, good for him. Not sure how structured free agent rookie contracts are, but at the least he increased his attractiveness to teams by staying his senior year. And, of course, he has his degree and a championship. I like it when things work out.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          lol ill take it a step further. Kent St. needs to bring back hockey...Ohio and Eastern have very solid club programs so elevate them to D I status. Illinois needs a D I hockey team so Northern Illinois is your team and a lot of talk around Buffalo...so I think we have the makings of a MAC hockey conference, scew the Big Ten!!! lol
          FWIW, Ohio was in the CCHA for 2 years way back when. I started watching in 84 so it was before that.

The University of Illinois Chicago was in the league for 14 years. We made several trips over there to watch games. Small but nice arena. Not sure why they dropped the sport, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
            FWIW, Ohio was in the CCHA for 2 years way back when. I started watching in 84 so it was before that.

The University of Illinois Chicago was in the league for 14 years. We made several trips over there to watch games. Small but nice arena. Not sure why they dropped the sport, though.
            UIC dropped it for the same reason Kent St. did, bad program and they were lossing too much money in a small athletic department. OU was in the CCHA back in the 70's long before Miami was a program I believe.

N. Ill would be a better fit because they are a bigger athletic department and could probably support it better. Sad thing is, its great to talk about but non of this will really happen.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Hello Redhawk Fans! My daughter is a new member of the MU class of 2014 and I've decided to celebrate by getting myself a Redhawk hockey jersey. I searched the web yesterday and couldn't find a replica of the jersey the team wore at the Frozen Four this year. There were plenty of other choices but nothing half as cool as those retro-style jerseys.

Can anyone tell me if they are even available to buy, and if so, where??

Many thanks!!! I will check back here, or my email is bp356@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by pinballwizard View Post
                Hello Redhawk Fans! My daughter is a new member of the MU class of 2014 and I've decided to celebrate by getting myself a Redhawk hockey jersey. I searched the web yesterday and couldn't find a replica of the jersey the team wore at the Frozen Four this year. There were plenty of other choices but nothing half as cool as those retro-style jerseys.

Congrats to your daughter and welcome to the Miami family! She'll be joining my little brother, who just officially accepted a few days ago! I actually think the hockey games I took him to earlier this year played a part in that decision, despite the fact that it was the Ferris State series (two ties)...

As far as I know, however, you are out of luck when it comes to finding a replica of the throwbacks. Outside of custom ordering one, they just don't exist. In fact, I don't believe there have been any true replica Miami sweaters available for the past year.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe hockey is switching to Adidas next year (as the rest of the University has already done), so hopefully they'll produce some good-quality replicas, unlike the **** they've been selling at the Goggin recently.
                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Not nit picking at all, just meant to point out that for the last 15 years Markell hasn't been out pounding the pavement hitting all the bantam/midget/prep games that is required of an assistant. I never saw Markell at any MWEHL games but Jones was at dozens. Totally different animal from being the HC when it comes to recruiting. Your post I replied to was talking about Markell as an assistant.

No doubt the HC is involved and whole staff works on filtering down the list, but it's the assistant on the road who does the tough job of picking player a over player b then giving reco to HC, who typically comes in near the end for a look...and if he likes what he sees then tries to close the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                    Not nit picking at all, just meant to point out that for the last 15 years Markell hasn't been out pounding the pavement hitting all the bantam/midget/prep games that is required of an assistant. I never saw Markell at any MWEHL games but Jones was at dozens. Totally different animal from being the HC when it comes to recruiting. Your post I replied to was talking about Markell as an assistant.

No doubt the HC is involved and whole staff works on filtering down the list, but it's the assistant on the road who does the tough job of picking player a over player b then giving reco to HC, who typically comes in near the end for a look...and if he likes what he sees then tries to close the deal.
                    All correct, which is precisely why I worry about losing Berge. Hard to replace his eye for players, we have plenty of evidence of that.

Also, welcome to pinballwizard and his daughter.

Comment

Yeah its the really bad knockoffs or nothing right now. Like rhbm said the hockey team is making the switch to Adidas so maybe there will finally be replicas for sale in the fall. If they design a new sweater (I would assume they are) I'm sure I will be suckered into shelling out my $80 for it the first time I get in line in the fall. How can you stare at it for hours on end and not buy one? Maybe I just have no self control.

Comment

My daughter is a new member of the MU class of 2014
                        Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        Congrats to your daughter and welcome to the Miami family! She'll be joining my little brother, who just officially accepted a few days ago!
                        I expect both to be saving me a spot in line at 8am on October 1st

(I promise to show up by 3)

Oh and congrats to both!

Rhbm make sure to give your brother the vital lessons of how to not act like a freshmen guy.

1) Rolling up to your first house party with all 15 guys from your corridor is a no no.
                        2) Under no circumstance are you to wear a lanyard with your ID around your neck.
                        3) If you are standing at the hub with a campus map out trying to get your bearings just give up and skip the class, you are only embarrassing yourself.
                        4) If she can't stand up or tell you her name, just say no, it will probably only end with vomit in your bed or a suspicious rash.
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 04-24-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

The jury is still out on rhbm's brother, but my advice to pinballwizard is to keep his daughter away from '628. The jury is in on that.

Comment

Haha I can definetely vouch for that as well!

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                              The jury is still out on rhbm's brother, but my advice to pinballwizard is to keep his daughter away from '628. The jury is in on that.
                              Hey I think mcfarljd was the one hanging out at Pachinkos on GBD not me .

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                                The jury is still out on rhbm's brother...
                                I can vouch for him... and I advise PBW to arrange for his daughter to live on the opposite side of campus from my brother.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X