Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
    Not quite lost....I recognized it right away. Appreciation of it is another matter all together.
    How do you live

Comment

Not quite lost....I recognized it right away. Appreciation of it is another matter all together.
      easy there killer, perennial basement dwellers over the past decade need to have some hummility instead of sticking out their chests.....
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Someone posted this over on MHT. Miami recruit Blake Coleman is certainly getting ready for the "break his leg" chant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,235455

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Someone posted this over on MHT. Miami recruit Blake Coleman is certainly getting ready for the "break his leg" chant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,235455
          What an awful injury....That happens more than you think though during scraps or tie ups. I have seen a few bad leg breaks where a skate gets caught in the ice...For me I just like to sled feet first into the boards.. redeagle remembers that one lol

I guess the only positive thing is he will have the whole summer to rehab and another year of juniors next season to get back into the swing of things before heading to oxford in 2011.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

That was the green bay gamblers Matt Stewart who actually was on the receiving end of the break. Coleman caused it. So he's still good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              easy there killer, perennial basement dwellers over the past decade need to have some hummility instead of sticking out their chests.....
              Given the turn around of attitude by the administration for a program that was almost dropped due to community outrage and generosity of former players, coaches, and even Scott Hamilton (who donated $500,000 to the endowment fund!) I believe that we have quite a bit to be proud of.

Most people really have no idea what the past year has been like for this program and its fans....

Comment

BGFan, we are all happy for BG surviving and for you. You have an excellent coach(es) coming your way from Miami - we know that better than anyone. Moreover, when the Title IX stuff happened at Miami in the mid 90s, hockey was not a sure thing here either, so we can relate. But, best not to be too sensitive. That's advice I often give to some on here. Besides, with Blash at Western and Berge at BG, this is all setting up for my dream of MAC CCHA dominance.
                Last edited by redeagle; 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Given the turn around of attitude by the administration for a program that was almost dropped due to community outrage and generosity of former players, coaches, and even Scott Hamilton (who donated $500,000 to the endowment fund!) I believe that we have quite a bit to be proud of.

Most people really have no idea what the past year has been like for this program and its fans....
                  No one here wanted to see BG fold, that would of been a disaster for the sport. We don't know exactly what you went through, and its nice that people stepped up to help save the program. But on ice perferomance still speaks for itself, don't think anyone here was bashing BG it was a tounge and cheek comment 628 made so take it in stride and continue to support your program in their rebuilding efforts. Huge strides were made by bringing in Berg and Schutte, two Miami guys. When they start winning I don't think you will have a problem being Miami's younger sister....sometimes the younger sister is better looking...

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                    BGFan, we are all happy for BG surviving and for you. You have an excellent coach(es) coming your way from Miami - we know that better than anyone. Moreover, when the Title IX stuff happened at Miami in the mid 90s, hockey was not a sure thing here either, so we can relate. But, best not to be too sensitive. That's advice I often give to some one here. Besides, with Blash at Western and Berge at BG, this is all setting up for my dream of MAC CCHA dominance.
                    lol ill take it a step further. Kent St. needs to bring back hockey...Ohio and Eastern have very solid club programs so elevate them to D I status. Illinois needs a D I hockey team so Northern Illinois is your team and a lot of talk around Buffalo...so I think we have the makings of a MAC hockey conference, scew the Big Ten!!! lol

Comment

lol ill take it a step further. Kent St. needs to bring back hockey...Ohio and Eastern have very solid club programs so elevate them to D I status. Illinois needs a D I hockey team so Northern Illinois is your team and a lot of talk around Buffalo...so I think we have the makings of a MAC hockey conference, scew the Big Ten!!! lol
                      And just think of all the $$$ that will bring in with the games broadcast live on the MAC Network!
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        And just think of all the $$$ that will bring in with the games broadcast live on the MAC Network!
                        lol touche

Comment

Also '95 threw this out to me and I don't know about it but what does everyone think about possibly bringing in Markell??? He recruited very well at OSU just couldn't coach them up.
                          Actually it was Casey Jones who recruited > 90% of the player while Markell was there...

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            Beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              Actually it was Casey Jones who recruited > 90% of the player while Markell was there...
                              well if you want to knit pick...Berg and Blash recruited all the guys at Miami...Head coach has input, you know that...Your telling me Danton didn't have a say in wanting CJ....c'mon lol don't knit pick here.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                                Beauty.

You know this just might work lol, I might start a MAC hockey thread!! The silent killer of NCAA Hockey, maybe they can pull in Notre Dame too! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X