Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    If redhawksfan10 was still around this thread might of gotten interesting...
    Hahaha probably would of...but would of been the same ole song and dance. We lost, they won. Its summer, Not dwelling on what happened last year and looking towards this. But this is what you come to expect from "Boston" fan, you accept it wash your hands of it and move on lol. We will get them at some point in a big game, but when that happens they will throw the others in our face even though they tell us to win the big one.

Never going to win with people who don't get it.

Have a good holiday '628.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      No offense but he looked like a buffoon on this DVD. For whatever reason (Burke story, overall #1 seed, last year's heartbreak, etc.), Miami was heavily followed by the cameras (or perhaps just one camera was used, which would explain things). A lot of the locker room talk from Blasi was on this DVD, much more than the other teams.

His pregame speech was half of THE Herb speech with excerpts like "this is our time" and "go out there and take it." TERRIBLE! But that wasn't the best part. He even let loose a smirk and chuckle while proclaiming that "We're the best team and everyone in this room knows it... everyone on this coaching staff knows it... and everyone in this building knows it." That pep talk also included a bizarre quote: "This building is ours, we established that the other day."

It was simply a matter of putting on the uniform and showing up to get to the title game. Even after losing to BC for God knows how many times in a row he didn't seem to think it was going to be a problem.

In the 1st intermission, trailing 1-0 he still was quite confident... "They can't skate with us" he said, not once but twice.

In the 2nd intermission, he realizes he is in deep crap and just drills the team. "Where is the pride level?" "This is embarrassing. This is embarrassing. The #1 team in the country?!" They were only losing 3-1. Not a confidence booster when they needed some positive talk.

Postgame press conference he started off quite rough when asked for his general thoughts although he eventually calmed down to congratulate BC.

Honestly, every time he talked on Thursday to the team it was a disaster and the opposite of what he should have been saying IMO. Pretty crazy stuff, definitely didn't make him look too good.
      Are you saying that "Mr. Bean" embarrassed himself? What a surprise. I think he's a good coach, but if what you're saying is true, he seems quite arrogant for someone who can't win the big one.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

as a fan of your team as long as it's not playing mine I must agree that it wasn't Rico's shining moment and I'd bet if he had to do it all over again (especially if he watched the tape) he'd have played it differently. I am not one to get into a flame war especially since I'm a fan of your team but it was actually uncomfortable to watch. I had only heard great things about him but when I saw this I was stunned. He has without a doubt done great things for MU and certainly deserves your full support but this time, well, he messed up, no question about it........in between the second and third period in the locker room was brutal and the team just quit after it, that can't be denied. In any event best of luck to you guys and look forward to seeing MU take it all sooner than later......

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          as a fan of your team as long as it's not playing mine I must agree that it wasn't Rico's shining moment and I'd bet if he had to do it all over again (especially if he watched the tape) he'd have played it differently. I am not one to get into a flame war especially since I'm a fan of your team but it was actually uncomfortable to watch. I had only heard great things about him but when I saw this I was stunned. He has without a doubt done great things for MU and certainly deserves your full support but this time, well, he messed up, no question about it........in between the second and third period in the locker room was brutal and the team just quit after it, that can't be denied. In any event best of luck to you guys and look forward to seeing MU take it all sooner than later......

Its all good people pile on after a bad loss. If people only saw half the things that went on in lockerooms around the country.... Just because he was on film and its for everyone to see they jump on the guy. Majority of people take an isolated mole hill and make it a mountain. This is a non issue, but if some want to get their panties in a bunch go for it. I for one won't because I know him personally and this film doesn't portray him accurately. So what he got passionate and tried to inspire his team....blah blah blah. Over it, people need to move on and leave our thread with this garbage. Go start your own thread and bash him if you want. But that would just be even more pathetic.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            Its all good people pile on after a bad loss. If people only saw half the things that went on in lockerooms around the country.... Just because he was on film and its for everyone to see they jump on the guy. Majority of people take an isolated mole hill and make it a mountain. This is a non issue, but if some want to get their panties in a bunch go for it. I for one won't because I know him personally and this film doesn't portray him accurately. So what he got passionate and tried to inspire his team....blah blah blah. Over it, people need to move on and leave our thread with this garbage. Go start your own thread and bash him if you want. But that would just be even more pathetic.
            i hardly call this bashing him at all or piling on , just my honest opinion of what i saw and if it were York doing it i'd feel the same way, stunned...........also, if you call my post garbage, well, you are entitled to your opinion of course....perhaps you ought to grow another layer of skin as the one you have is pretty thin .......... and remember i spoke as a fan of your team and of your coach.....i'll go unravel my panties now

Comment

i hardly call this bashing him at all or piling on , just my honest opinion of what i saw and if it were York doing it i'd feel the same way, stunned...........also, if you call my post garbage, well, you are entitled to your opinion of course....perhaps you ought to grow another layer of skin as the one you have is pretty thin .......... and remember i spoke as a fan of your team and of your coach.....i'll go unravel my panties now
              dear lord....read your rep...

Comment

"BC cant skate with us" is the funniest piece of irony ever said. It really is. It was like watching a marooon team skate against traffic cones for three hours. Good call, Rico. Go buy some more suits
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  dear lord....read your rep...
                  i will, and you yours

Comment

i will, and you yours
                    I did, its all good. You are right I did respond to yours which is why I sent you a rep to clear the air and make sure we were on the same page.

Carmen, However, still has his/her panties in a bunch....They troll and Im arrogant....lol someone needs to read the dictionary...

Comment

RHM - I've been busy and not on the boards very much lately, so I just now saw your new avatar. I'm honored.
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Good luck to the Redhawks this year!

I've really enjoyed watching their offense these past couple of years during the playoffs. Do they still have gas in the tank, or have they lost significant firepower?
                        Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

I don't think it was squirts. I only had one year of that cuz that's when USA hockey realigned the ages to stay with the canadiens. There wasn't much offensive firepower on that team after me anyways so I think it was older. Can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            RHM - I've been busy and not on the boards very much lately, so I just now saw your new avatar. I'm honored.
                            I was going to use the one of you and the misses but didnt know how you would feel about it. I wish I could get it bigger its tough to see.

Probably one of the coolest things of the winter lol, too bad he had to melt and we couldt take him to detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                              Good luck to the Redhawks this year!

I've really enjoyed watching their offense these past couple of years during the playoffs. Do they still have gas in the tank, or have they lost significant firepower?
                              They will have plenty of fire power...Only lost 2 top guys and return 3 lines full of offensive talent.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              I don't think it was squirts. I only had one year of that cuz that's when USA hockey realigned the ages to stay with the canadiens. There wasn't much offensive firepower on that team after me anyways so I think it was older. Can't remember.
                              Well wasn't older because you would of played with me and that wasn't the case. He didn't play in hamilton after squirts and left town after first year bantam's.

Comment

So while I was enjoying a couple of blueberry pancakes this morning I discovered that Patterson's has a cute little menu item called a Rico Blasi Iced Tea. Outside of GBD that has to be the most consideration I have ever given to drinking at 8:30 in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X