Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Some Mullin related story:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...heir_move.html

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
      Redeagle & RHm10 - thanks for the names, those guys predate my immersion into the hockey world so don't the local history too far back. According to hockeydb.com, Hamilton played a year i Finlad out of Yale and don't list him as being drafted. For Ullery all it shows is his two years with the NAHL Barons, assume that's when he got hurt.

rhm10 -yes, signed LOI for next season so that is the plan. With their schedule they've lined up it will be interesting.
      I didn't know/think Ullery had been drafted, but I do remember watching him at the old Goggin in the midget AAA tournament. He had great coaching as a Squirt, right rhm?

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
        Tough to do anything - had he even wanted to - at this point of the summer. With Talbot gone he'll should have chance to compete for playing time.

Actually he's home, been working out/training with Mullin and another kid with Frank Banham (former Cincy Duck, now pro in Eurpoe) pretty much every day...skating some with Mullin, Crane and some other of the better local players...going to Mitch's prospect camp later...periodic workouts with his goalie coach from St. Louis...
        Know frank well. Wouldn't say it here but you can let me know on rep where they are skating if you want. Wouldn't mind skating with them. Pretty sure I know when and where because we used to do it a few years back. Eric Miller involved?

Redeagle- You know it, it was that squirt coaching that got us noticed. Between you and coach Davidge we had all the tools lol.
        He did really well for himself, but again his parents let him leave town and play better competition....Im not bitter or anything..... He was in the late rounds, real shame he got hurt. He was a fantastic player, Markell offered him a scholarship at Ohio st. but he was looking at the OHL. He was really close with Dan Fritche.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Hmm. I played with Ullery growing up too....

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Hmm. I played with Ullery growing up too....
            He played on two teams as a squirt. We had a combined travel team with oxford and hamilton. He went to Dayton for Pee Wee's then in Bantam's we played in cincy for a year then with cleveland during the summer. He moved up to cleveland full time second year bantams.

I assume you played with him on the Hamilton team in the GCYHL.
            Last edited by redhawkman10; 07-01-2010, 08:10 PM.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Hey Miami guys, quick question (not a flame). Has anyone here seen the Frozen Four film that just came out? If so, how do you think Enrico Blasi came across in the video? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                Hey Miami guys, quick question (not a flame). Has anyone here seen the Frozen Four film that just came out? If so, how do you think Enrico Blasi came across in the video? Just curious.
                I think I'll go watch Twilight: Eclipse before I subject myself to reliving that weekend again .

But I'm guessing he was rather sort and not overly enthusiastic in the interviews.
                Last edited by MUhawks628; 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  I think I'll go watch Twilight: Eclipse before I subject myself to reliving that weekend again .

But I'm guessing he was rather sort and not overly enthusiastic in the interviews.
                  No offense but he looked like a buffoon on this DVD. For whatever reason (Burke story, overall #1 seed, last year's heartbreak, etc.), Miami was heavily followed by the cameras (or perhaps just one camera was used, which would explain things). A lot of the locker room talk from Blasi was on this DVD, much more than the other teams.

His pregame speech was half of THE Herb speech with excerpts like "this is our time" and "go out there and take it." TERRIBLE! But that wasn't the best part. He even let loose a smirk and chuckle while proclaiming that "We're the best team and everyone in this room knows it... everyone on this coaching staff knows it... and everyone in this building knows it." That pep talk also included a bizarre quote: "This building is ours, we established that the other day."

It was simply a matter of putting on the uniform and showing up to get to the title game. Even after losing to BC for God knows how many times in a row he didn't seem to think it was going to be a problem.

In the 1st intermission, trailing 1-0 he still was quite confident... "They can't skate with us" he said, not once but twice.

In the 2nd intermission, he realizes he is in deep crap and just drills the team. "Where is the pride level?" "This is embarrassing. This is embarrassing. The #1 team in the country?!" They were only losing 3-1. Not a confidence booster when they needed some positive talk.

Postgame press conference he started off quite rough when asked for his general thoughts although he eventually calmed down to congratulate BC.

Honestly, every time he talked on Thursday to the team it was a disaster and the opposite of what he should have been saying IMO. Pretty crazy stuff, definitely didn't make him look too good.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 07-02-2010, 01:32 PM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

/shrug

The guy has taken a total dog of a program and put them in the situation to be followed around with cameras in the first place. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, not getting in a flame war over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      No offense but he looked like a buffoon on this DVD. For whatever reason (Burke story, overall #1 seed, last year's heartbreak, etc.), Miami was heavily followed by the cameras (or perhaps just one camera was used, which would explain things). A lot of the locker room talk from Blasi was on this DVD, much more than the other teams.

His pregame speech was half of THE Herb speech with excerpts like "this is our time" and "go out there and take it." TERRIBLE! But that wasn't the best part. He even let loose a smirk and chuckle while proclaiming that "We're the best team and everyone in this room knows it... everyone on this coaching staff knows it... and everyone in this building knows it." That pep talk also included a bizarre quote: "This building is ours, we established that the other day."

It was simply a matter of putting on the uniform and showing up to get to the title game. Even after losing to BC for God knows how many times in a row he didn't seem to think it was going to be a problem.

In the 1st intermission, trailing 1-0 he still was quite confident... "They can't skate with us" he said, not once but twice.

In the 2nd intermission, he realizes he is in deep crap and just drills the team. "Where is the pride level?" "This is embarrassing. This is embarrassing. The #1 team in the country?!" They were only losing 3-1. Not a confidence booster when they needed some positive talk.

Postgame press conference he started off quite rough when asked for his general thoughts although he eventually calmed down to congratulate BC.

Honestly, every time he talked on Thursday to the team it was a disaster and the opposite of what he should have been saying IMO. Pretty crazy stuff, definitely didn't make him look too good.
                      Looks like only people who care are you guys....

Thanks for the play by play, it was spectacular.....

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                        /shrug

The guy has taken a total dog of a program and put them in the situation to be followed around with cameras in the first place. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, not getting in a flame war over it.
                        amen.

kind of pointless debate/arguement and makes zero sense to why anyone would try and engage in it. Guess he isn't allowed to be overconfident, only the boston schools are.

Oh and cute jab with the " loss to BC for who knows how many times in a row " .....lol very original, someone lives in the past.

Comment

I also saw the DVD. Here's the thing, given that BC raped Miami and Wisconsin, BC fans are probably the only ones that will buy the DVD. Damage would be minimal unless someone put that up on youtube.

I'm not here to flame, either, but good God did Blasi look like a twit.

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Guess he isn't allowed to be overconfident, only the boston schools are.
                          Well, again, knowing that Boston College has owned them like a monkey, it is quite strange to be that confident (especially considering that Miami didn't even belong there given that Michigan kind of ... ya know... scored in overtime). Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

And obviously, the Boston schools would be confident when they are playing Miami. Although to be fair to York, his teams are usually NEVER overconfident and don't seem to take too much for granted given their track record in March and April.

Personally, I'd have told these guys they were in for the battle of their lives and would need to take it up a few notches since they were playing the best program in the last decade with the best coach in all of college hockey. Not something to the effect that 'I'll see you guys in 60 minutes and we'll talk about how we're going to beat Wisconsin then.' I mean seriously.

They had thrown in the towel after the 2nd. That much was obvious and Blasi threw it in with them with his tirade after the 2nd. Don't think that is the way to motivate the kids. Down 1 after 1 he was confident they would win. Down 2 after 2 he packed up and went home? Weird.

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Oh and cute jab with the " loss to BC for who knows how many times in a row " .....lol very original, someone lives in the past.
                          How many in a row to BC now? 4?

It's easy to make fun of people for living in the past when their program has accomplished something and yours hasn't. Given that BC will be favored to win it all again in 2011 and have a great future ahead of them with York looking to stay several more seasons, I'd say BC fans are living in the past, present and future.

Have a great 4th of July, everyone.
                          Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

You too buddy!!

Comment

If redhawksfan10 was still around this thread might of gotten interesting...
                              Last edited by MUhawks628; 07-02-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                I also saw the DVD. Here's the thing, given that BC raped Miami and Wisconsin, BC fans are probably the only ones that will buy the DVD. Damage would be minimal unless someone put that up on youtube.

I'm not here to flame, either, but good God did Blasi look like a twit.

Well, again, knowing that Boston College has owned them like a monkey, it is quite strange to be that confident (especially considering that Miami didn't even belong there given that Michigan kind of ... ya know... scored in overtime). Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

And obviously, the Boston schools would be confident when they are playing Miami. Although to be fair to York, his teams are usually NEVER overconfident and don't seem to take too much for granted given their track record in March and April.

Personally, I'd have told these guys they were in for the battle of their lives and would need to take it up a few notches since they were playing the best program in the last decade with the best coach in all of college hockey. Not something to the effect that 'I'll see you guys in 60 minutes and we'll talk about how we're going to beat Wisconsin then.' I mean seriously.

They had thrown in the towel after the 2nd. That much was obvious and Blasi threw it in with them with his tirade after the 2nd. Don't think that is the way to motivate the kids. Down 1 after 1 he was confident they would win. Down 2 after 2 he packed up and went home? Weird.

How many in a row to BC now? 4?

It's easy to make fun of people for living in the past when their program has accomplished something and yours hasn't. Given that BC will be favored to win it all again in 2011 and have a great future ahead of them with York looking to stay several more seasons, I'd say BC fans are living in the past, present and future.

Yawn....same ole thing from another BC fan...Guess no one can be original.

Not trying to Flame, yet you Flame....boooorrrriiinnnggggg

Comment

Working...
                                X