Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Guess who made it back to the front page of USCHO... Apparently Nate Davis is the only guy that looks so good when arguing with the officials they have to keep digging up the picture!

And congrats to Captain Carter Camper. Nothing like some good ol' fashioned alliteration!
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      We should have a local Dick's sporting goods buy the ad space along the visiting team bench.
      Wow, this is a brilliant idea.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        Guess who made it back to the front page of USCHO... Apparently Nate Davis is the only guy that looks so good when arguing with the officials they have to keep digging up the picture!

And congrats to Captain Carter Camper. Nothing like some good ol' fashioned alliteration!
        Nate Davis's legacy not only lives on in Oxford, but across the USCHO as well lol....

Feel bad for that kid he just can't get a break in Rockford.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Might be of interest to the Miami community:
          http://www.outsports.com/os/index.ph...rother-brendan
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Craig P, thanks very much for the link.

Wow. Patrick spoke at the Miami hockey banquet and was unbelievably moving and articulate there as well. He and his Mom were at the banquet to accept the seventh man award for Brendan and heaped deserved praise and gratitude to Rico, the team, and Miami. The Burkes are an amazing and courageous family.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
              Might be of interest to the Miami community:
              http://www.outsports.com/os/index.ph...rother-brendan
              Really appreciate you posting this....Remarkable article!

Really speaks volume of both brendan and Patricks parents that they were raised with such courage and toughness.

Tremendous...
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Congrats to Jimmy Mullin. 4th round draft pick number 118 overall to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Comment

Yes, great news for Mullin, congrats. Was he listed on any of the scouting lists? I don't remember seeing him, but I really don't check those things carefully. Hard to imagine he could go in the fourth and not be listed.

Comment

Yes, congrats to Jimmy!

He was rated, off top of my head I think it was @100 North America...one mock draft had him going to Nashvile in round 5 I think.

Not Miami related, but another kid with local ties (Cincy area) was laso drafted: Chris Crane, 7th round (#200) by San Jose. Chris is from West chester and is 2010 Ohio State recruit. Not sure if there has ever been a kid with local ties drafted before - anyone know?

Biggs is draft eligible next year, sure he'll be an early round pick...

Comment

Hmmmm, good question, fangers. This is completely off the top of my head, but the only other possible locals that I can think of are Dayton-area kids, Ethan Graham (MSU) and Jeff Hamilton (Yale). I saw Graham play against Hershey in the AHL finals this year. Hamilton spent some time in the NHL with the Blackhawks and Carolina (and possibly another team or two) and was a Hobey finalist. His brother played for Vermont in the frozen four in Cincy. But, I don't remember either of those two being drafted, so Mullin and Crane could be the first.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                        Yes, congrats to Jimmy!

He was rated, off top of my head I think it was @100 North America...one mock draft had him going to Nashvile in round 5 I think.

Not Miami related, but another kid with local ties (Cincy area) was laso drafted: Chris Crane, 7th round (#200) by San Jose. Chris is from West chester and is 2010 Ohio State recruit. Not sure if there has ever been a kid with local ties drafted before - anyone know?

Biggs is draft eligible next year, sure he'll be an early round pick...
                        Mullin was the only one elligible this year besides Coleman so that is nice. But got to think Alex Gacek and Connor Murphy will be on NHL radars next year too.

Beat me too it. Yea there was a kid in the early part of the decade, Austin Ullerly that was a late round draft pick. A broken neck ended his career. One of the best players not only in this area but around I have ever seen and or played with. And I have played with and against guys in the NHL, including Paul Statsny....

Fang- you guys staying put in bama?
                        Last edited by redhawkman10; 06-27-2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                          Hmmmm, good question, fangers. This is completely off the top of my head, but the only other possible locals that I can think of are Dayton-area kids, Ethan Graham (MSU) and Jeff Hamilton (Yale). I saw Graham play against Hershey in the AHL finals this year. Hamilton spent some time in the NHL with the Blackhawks and Carolina (and possibly another team or two) and was a Hobey finalist. His brother played for Vermont in the frozen four in Cincy. But, I don't remember either of those two being drafted, so Mullin and Crane could be the first.
                          Ethan was not drafted, he was signed as a free agent out of college after winning a national championship at MSU. Great kid, played with him growing up, solid family.

Comment

Redeagle & RHm10 - thanks for the names, those guys predate my immersion into the hockey world so don't the local history too far back. According to hockeydb.com, Hamilton played a year i Finlad out of Yale and don't list him as being drafted. For Ullery all it shows is his two years with the NAHL Barons, assume that's when he got hurt.

rhm10 -yes, signed LOI for next season so that is the plan. With their schedule they've lined up it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              Redeagle & RHm10 - thanks for the names, those guys predate my immersion into the hockey world so don't the local history too far back. According to hockeydb.com, Hamilton played a year i Finlad out of Yale and don't list him as being drafted. For Ullery all it shows is his two years with the NAHL Barons, assume that's when he got hurt.

rhm10 -yes, signed LOI for next season so that is the plan. With their schedule they've lined up it will be interesting.
                              Yea, it was during the summer after U-18 at the prospects tournament. He played with the Fritche boys up there.

Knew he signed, but with Cole leaving that gives ya an out if you wanted it. Wasn't sure what you two were thinking. Take it he is down there now.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                                Yea, it was during the summer after U-18 at the prospects tournament. He played with the Fritche boys up there.

Knew he signed, but with Cole leaving that gives ya an out if you wanted it. Wasn't sure what you two were thinking. Take it he is down there now.
                                Tough to do anything - had he even wanted to - at this point of the summer. With Talbot gone he'll should have chance to compete for playing time.

Actually he's home, been working out/training with Mullin and another kid with Frank Banham (former Cincy Duck, now pro in Eurpoe) pretty much every day...skating some with Mullin, Crane and some other of the better local players...going to Mitch's prospect camp later...periodic workouts with his goalie coach from St. Louis...

Comment

Working...
                                X