Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

The M is facing the penalty boxes and is inside a standard center ice circle. My tour group pry thought I was crazy when we walked into the goggin yesterday and I blurted out quite loudly "the bird is gone!"
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
      I don't remember just an "M" either, but now that you mention it, i don't remember what was at center ice in the old Goggin. Boy I'm losing it.
      Honestly I don't remember anything being in the middle of the ice at the old goggin....
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Doubt this has been mentioned here but not sure, so I apologize if this is a repeat:

I live about 20 minutes from the high school Brendan Burke attended and the other day read a little flier from the class of 2010 generating support and funds for a statue as their class gift. The statue itself is just going to be of a religious figure (the school's namesake IIRC), however, engraved at the base will be the quote Brendan selected for his senior yearbook: “If we don’t fight hard for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we really don’t stand for them.” A very cool gesture.
        Thanks for that, always great to see positive stories!

More along those lines, not sure if everyone gets USA hockey magazine but in this months edition it was announced that USA hockey has established the Brendan Burke Internship. It is a 1 year internship that will allow a young person to work hands on with the USNTDP and learn the ins and outs on managerial side of hockey.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Honestly I don't remember anything being in the middle of the ice at the old goggin....
          From what I've heard about that place that sounds about right...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            From what I've heard about that place that sounds about right...lol.
            Well at least in the old Goggin there would be no debate about which was the M or the bird should face.

By the way, 628, the old Goggin had a certain charm that many of us miss, unless you needed to go to the bathroom. It definitely was a home ice advantage, but I'm not complaining about the new building (other than it is too small).

Comment

So I'm not losing it?! Yay.

Comment

Well at least in the old Goggin there would be no debate about which was the M or the bird should face.

By the way, 628, the old Goggin had a certain charm that many of us miss, unless you needed to go to the bathroom. It definitely was a home ice advantage, but I'm not complaining about the new building (other than it is too small).
                Oh I don't doubt it. Many of the best places to watch games are not the most aesthetically pleasing or even architecturally sound.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Oh I don't doubt it. Many of the best places to watch games are not the most aesthetically pleasing or even architecturally sound.
                  You just had to be there to kind of get what he is saying. The new place is wonderfull but you can never replace certain aspects of the old goggin.

So I'm not losing it?! Yay.
                  Well never say never, lol

I do know for one thing you could tell where the Redline was at the old place and where the circle was as well lol.

Yea bathroom was a bear, so was the concessions...brutal lol

Comment

I actually do remember late in one of the late Goggin years that there was something at center ice. It was small though, and they had two of them. One in each half of the circle, maybe 2 feet by 2 feet. It may have been an M, I honestly can't recall what it was, but there was something there...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      I actually do remember late in one of the late Goggin years that there was something at center ice. It was small though, and they had two of them. One in each half of the circle, maybe 2 feet by 2 feet. It may have been an M, I honestly can't recall what it was, but there was something there...
                      I looked at old pictures and video. Against western in 2006 there were two small Hawks on either side of the red line. No "M", just a smaller version of what they had at the new building.

Miami

Comment

Oh yea, I do remember those Hawks at the old Goggin. So that settles it, just as I suspected, I have lost it.

Comment

Oh yea, I do remember those Hawks at the old Goggin. So that settles it, just as I suspected, I have lost it.

First step to recovery is admitting it!

Comment

First step to recovery is admitting it!
                            First step to admitting it is you looking in the mirror and realizing what a joke you are. You add nothing to any thread

Comment

way to add to the thread. How about next time you give hoky poky advice. Tard

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                way to add to the thread. How about next time you give hoky poky advice. Tard
                                Problem is he can't add a thing and he knows it. He has lots of issues, disgruntle hockey dad whos kid is garbage. Its ok, these trolls are fun. You should read around, he gets hammered worse than lindsey lohan....

Comment

Working...
                                X