Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Ha yes! VAIVE and C Mac dual captains.

On the new signing. is he our first Miami hockey father-son legacy?

Comment

I'll start the Facebook group!!

Comment

So in the interest of conversation how does everyone feel about a THRID sorority receiving sanctions today for drunken doubochery at their spring formal. I mean they clearly fall short of their fellow sorostitutes shenanigans (no sex in a janitors closet or trying to pee on a 19th century exhibit) but I can still see my future degree loosing value each day. Party on .

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Ha yes! VAIVE and C Mac dual captains.

On the new signing. is he our first Miami hockey father-son legacy?
          I was thinking about this too. I believe he is the first; at least I cannot think of any others.

Comment

Interview with Berge at CHN. Nice job by him in the interview.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/

Comment

Finally got back on good old USCHO to catch up on the goings on since the Frozen Four and I must say there has been some very entertaining discussions on here haha.

I will second MUhawks628 nomination of VAIVE for captain haha. Its too bad Wingels is heading for the pros, we are losing a great player (99 pt career scorer) and leader but like what RHM said it may help for the future him leaving now and developing a younger player than losing that whole class next year and having many more shoes to fill.

On another note...only 4 months and a day until exhibition...weeeeee.
              Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 06-02-2010, 02:53 PM.
              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                I was thinking about this too. I believe he is the first; at least I cannot think of any others.
                I believe it is as well, although there have been plenty of brother combinations that have come through. Wouldn't be surprised if some other father-son combos come along.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

CHN: There's a lot of competition out there now. Will Miami be OK?

Bergeron: I don't feel bad for Rico for one second. That team on paper is still pretty **** good. I do believe him when he says it's a bittersweet to lose Jeff and then me. We've been through a lot as people. ... We've been through, not just winning and losing, but family stuff. We've been through a lot. But he'll be just fine. It'll be different at first — different for me to go to my house in Oxford and realize it's not my home anymore. But he'll be fine.

This is absolutely classic....
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

The crew at the goggin pretty much finished painting today, our unessicarily large, oddly oriented avian friend is no more, and has been replaced with the classic Miami M at center ice.
                    Last edited by MUhawks628; 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      The crew at the goggin pretty much finished painting today, our unessicarily large, oddly oriented avian friend is no more, and has been replaced with the classic Miami M at center ice.
                      redeagle could answer this better, but In my 20 + years I don't ever remember having just an "M" at center ice. Mixing things up, I like it. Maybe some different uniforms too....

Comment

I thought they were getting new sweaters this year. I think the rest of Miami went to Adidas. So would that mean hockey would be RBK instead of Nike now? Thought they own each other can't remember.

Comment

And how us the M facing. Us it still arranged like the hawk was or is it facing one of the long sides of the rink

Comment

Doubt this has been mentioned here but not sure, so I apologize if this is a repeat:

I live about 20 minutes from the high school Brendan Burke attended and the other day read a little flier from the class of 2010 generating support and funds for a statue as their class gift. The statue itself is just going to be of a religious figure (the school's namesake IIRC), however, engraved at the base will be the quote Brendan selected for his senior yearbook: “If we don’t fight hard for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we really don’t stand for them.” A very cool gesture.

Comment

Thanks Agganis. Burke's legacy lives on in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                                redeagle could answer this better, but In my 20 + years I don't ever remember having just an "M" at center ice. Mixing things up, I like it. Maybe some different uniforms too....
                                I don't remember just an "M" either, but now that you mention it, i don't remember what was at center ice in the old Goggin. Boy I'm losing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X