X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    yeah, but he HATES BC ................i heard him and his buddy Felger have a hate fest last week on 98.5 . After listening to Felger, i think there isn't a person on the planet who hates BC more than he does, moron
    I'm shocked no one mentioned this earlier. He made a royal *** of himself. I was amused, but...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

WEEI Interview:
      http://audio.weei.com/m/30265504/jer...ckey-coach.htm

Dale/Holley sound disinterested, York is definitely tired.

York says that he is going to complete a contract extension over the summer.
      Last edited by Zudnic; 04-12-2010, 08:06 PM.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Found this pretty funny in a Herald article from today:

The Badgers placed a little extra emphasis on spraying ice as their starting lineups were announced.

“We noticed, but, you know, it’s just the starting lineup,” said Smith, who will join teammates for a trolley car celebration rally today (5 p.m.) at Kelley Rink. “You can’t win the game in the starting lineup.”
        http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle..._fuels_eagles/
        National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
        two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
        b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Thinking about next year, the one thing we lose a lot of is the leadership of Price, Smith, Sneep and Lombardi. If anything, these guys set the tone for the team.

The senior class next year is going to be Gibbons, Muse, and Whitney. I think we're in good hands but both Gibbons and Whitney are gonna have to cut down on the penalties.
          I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Anyone else cringe at USCHO's declaration that BC won with a "Twin Cam Engine"? Terrible.

INCH is OK by saying BC is "Ford tough," but I like CHN's best: "BC Does It."
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Hey everyone,

I grew up in Boston, and I still live in Boston. I bleed maroon and gold, and even though I'm three years removed from graduating college, I still dream of working for them one day in some capacity. I love this city, I love this school, and I love that I'm a Superfan. People need to realize that Boston College is at the forefront of college athletics. It's a school that graduates most of its student-athletes while fielding competitive teams in every sport. They are what the NCAA should be looking for in its member institutions.

I might support Brown and Bentley during the year, but my heart is always in Chestnut Hill. Congratulations on a great season, and let's make it three-out-of-four and back-to-back next season! (unless of course you play Brown or Bentley, in which case I hope Baldwin can forgive me).
              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

i have the sunday Detroit Free Press if anyone wants the sports page. let me know.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                  If Muse is back next year, I don't see anyone else starting in net once March rolls around.
                  Exactly. Milner will get PT, but Muse is the guy yet again in the playoffs.

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                  The senior class next year is going to be Gibbons, Muse, and Whitney. I think we're in good hands but both Gibbons and Whitney are gonna have to cut down on the penalties.
                  Better hope Kenny doesn't see that...

Comment

Not to cut from the buzz of winning the championship, but does anyone have any idea what the schedule looks like for next year? If not, when does that info come out?
                    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Exactly. Milner will get PT, but Muse is the guy yet again in the playoffs.
                      Can't argue with that, but why is BC bring in two goaltenders next season in Billett and Barone? That's a total of five if you include Venti. I wonder if Muse will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                        Not to cut from the buzz of winning the championship, but does anyone have any idea what the schedule looks like for next year? If not, when does that info come out?
                        So far this is what I've been hearing/thinking:
                        @ Denver x2
                        Wisconsin
                        Harvard (most likely)
                        Beanpot x2

That seems to leave us with one open date...which I haven't heard. It appears Notre Dame is off the schedule next year. I doubt we'll play another WCHA school so that last game would likely be vs. an ECAC or CCHA school. Also heard rumors we might be in the GLI, but that would put us over the 34-game limit (unless the GLI is exempt from that?).
                        Boston College '12
                        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Can't argue with that, but why is BC bring in two goaltenders next season in Billett and Barone? That's a total of five if you include Venti. I wonder if Muse will be back.
                          There's certainly the potential for a logjam in net. To be honest, not sure anyone really knows who's coming/going. Ideally, Muse is back, Milner the backup...not sure where that would leave Billett.

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                          @ Denver x2
                          Wisconsin
                          Harvard (most likely)
                          Beanpot x2

That seems to leave us with one open date...which I haven't heard. It appears Notre Dame is off the schedule next year. I doubt we'll play another WCHA school so that last game would likely be vs. an ECAC or CCHA school. Also heard rumors we might be in the GLI, but that would put us over the 34-game limit (unless the GLI is exempt from that?).
                          BC played 36 games in 2007-2008 (no exhibitions). That included the Ice Breaker and Dodge Holiday Classic.

27 league
                          2 at DU
                          Wisconsin
                          Harvard
                          GLI
                          Beanpot

That's 35 games. Where did you see that Notre Dame is not on the schedule? One missing game would either be an exhibition, CCHA, or ECAC team.

Comment

And while we're on the topic, despite the easy win Harvard will provide, would anybody object to seeing them dropped from the schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                              @ Denver x2
                              Wisconsin
                              Harvard (most likely)
                              Beanpot x2

What is it with playing Harvard? I'd like to change the scenery a bit. It's just not an OOC game that I necessarily want to see...plus we play them in the Beanpot frequently

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                There's certainly the potential for a logjam in net. To be honest, not sure anyone really knows who's coming/going. Ideally, Muse is back, Milner the backup...not sure where that would leave Billett.

BC played 36 games in 2007-2008 (no exhibitions). That included the Ice Breaker and Dodge Holiday Classic.

27 league
                                2 at DU
                                Wisconsin
                                Harvard
                                GLI
                                Beanpot

That's 35 games. Where did you see that Notre Dame is not on the schedule? One missing game would either be an exhibition, CCHA, or ECAC team.
                                I saw it said on this thread. It does seem to make sense though...because the schools do like to make a weekend out of their football and hockey games against each other (they have for at least the past 3 seasons, and it was done in the early 2000's when Notre Dame was on our football schedule) and the football game is on October 2nd this year, which is too early for hockey season. I have been wondering what would happen to the BC-ND hockey game since the football schedule had been announced.
                                Boston College '12
                                1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X