X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    His exact rep to me:

a fact.... one transferring, one signing.
    Wow, thanks. Now we will all sleep better.

Comment

His exact rep to me:

At the time, though, he was spot on. Atkinson was 'this' close to leaving and there's a good story in his local newspaper this weekend about his ultimate decision to stay at BC for another year. Sounds like York had a lot to do with convincing him that he needed one more year at school.

I had also heard Atkinson was gone so it is clear BC dodged a bullet here. I wanted Hokydad to mention his name since he was so sure about it. That was the only problem I had with this whole thing.

Comment

His exact rep to me:

these things are fluid. we dodged a bullet, it doesnt make him wrong.

you're basically debating the weather where yesterday hokydad said it was sunny and today you are saying well its not sunny anymore.

let it go
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Ha well my first problem is throwing something like that out there, not giving a name or a source, and just expecting people to believe it.

Secondly, if you want to post in the manner above, you have the right to do so, but don't expect me to just "let it go" when I get a neg rep that turns out to be incorrect. It's just funny to me when someone says something is a fact. He could have just said Atkinson might be leaving. Reading the news story now, I would have given him credit, but not after so confidently saying something that he was flat out wrong about.
          Last edited by J.D.; 06-01-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Ha well my first problem is throwing something like that out there, not giving a name or a source, and just expecting people to believe it.
            I had heard the same info he had so I knew he wasn't lying. If someone's willing to throw it out there like he did, he should have said who it was (which was my issue at the time). Either way, I'm glad 13 is back for a run at a repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              I had heard the same info he had so I knew he wasn't lying. If someone's willing to throw it out there like he did, he should have said who it was (which was my issue at the time). Either way, I'm glad 13 is back for a run at a repeat.
              Again, not saying Atkinson wasn't considering leaving. That's completely different than presenting it as a "fact".

Glad he's back too. Hopefully everyone else sees Cam coming back and stays as well. I guess the next big news would be any suspensions for Samuelsson, Wey, and Milner.

Comment

I guess the next big news would be any suspensions for Samuelsson, Wey, and Milner.
                yes, and we will have to rely on inside information for that because nothing ever comes out of the kremlin and i guess that's a good thing

Comment

The summers not over......

With a high profile team like this, many things can happen after a kid spends a week at an NHL development camp. Exit interviews at these camps can mean EXIT in more ways than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    The summers not over......

With a high profile team like this, many things can happen after a kid spends a week at an NHL development camp. Exit interviews at these camps can mean EXIT in more ways than one.
                    That applies to all 59 teams in the NCAA, not just BC. If the Rangers want to sign Kreider or the B's want to sign Cross, etc, they'll have a decision to make but I dont see anyone on this BC roster who is NHL ready right now. The one guy I'd be concerned about it is Jimmy Hayes.

Comment

re: Hayes

sorry if this has already been posted, but here is a blurb from Sunday's Boston Globe:

Dorchester’s Kevin Hayes, the 26th-ranked North American skater, told the Bruins during his interview that his best off-ice decision was to accelerate one year so he could join older brother Jimmy at Boston College this fall. Hayes, a junior at Nobles, will transfer to West Roxbury High and take summer classes.

Comment

BC rules, hokydad drools (or is it "fools"?). Let's move forward here instead of backward...

I think it's great Atkinson is looking into doing community service to help with the Hobey campaign. Looks like York/BC is serious about making a campaign for him and he is as well.

I have to wonder if that geeky turd Olshansky will try to ruin another BC Hobey campaign with the slight trouble Atkinson had before he got here.

Feel a little bad for Gibbons since he is IMO a better player and doesn't get the ink he should. But... whatever it takes to bury Nyquist in the Hobey (Nyquit is a nice guy, for the record, as SteveF and gscott13 can also attest). If Atkinson is scoring another 30+ goals, Gibbons better have 20g and 30a at least. That kid needs to shoot more, he's too generous with the passing sometimes!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It is difficult to move forward with your head stuck up your behind.

In referrance to Gibbons, he just got an invite to Pittsburghs development camp. Just like the NHL draft proves every year, you only have to have one team like you. Being on a list is meaningless.
                          Kreider will geta huge push to go major junior from Rangers. they saw what it did to Del Zotto out of London Knights program and see the benefit. Over the next 24 months, he could get 180+/- games vs 60, twice the practices and all the 1st line and PP ice, which wont be the case at BC.

Kreider has 2 more years of juniors left, Atkinson hayes et all have zero left, so they either go AHL or NHL, Kreider can do major junior still.
                          It will be an interesting summer for him and Dumoulin, another canidate for a big push. Long summer, stay tuned.

Trust me when i tell you their long term goal is NHL, not a varsity sweater

Comment

Reading the news story now, I would have given him credit, but not after so confidently saying something that he was flat out wrong about.
                            i don't even know what this means. but he wasn't wrong; the article only proves that.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              It is difficult to move forward with your head stuck up your behind.
                              Maybe if you chase after all the BC fans from behind with your candyvan and try to run us all over things will move forward a little quicker...
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                i don't even know what this means. but he wasn't wrong; the article only proves that.
                                Maybe you're the one who should let it go. What kind of twisted logic says hokydad wasn't wrong after saying it was a FACT that one player has/would be signing?

Comment

Working...
                                X