X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
    To blame 6 years of limited offensive production on how the coaches use his line is hard for me to buy into 100%. !
    how many Phantoms games have you been to?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      how many Phantoms games have you been to?
      0 since Bells arrived, you?

I said I watched him for 4 years in Maine and he's been in the AHL for two. Didn't say I was watching him now. What's your point here? You really think a simple change in line would shoot him up the production latter that much? No coach or Flyer scout has observed that potential yet after 110+ games played over 2 full years?
      Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
        what does "nm" stand for? Google would suggest nanometer, New Mexico, Nieman Marcus, or Navios Maritime Holdings, Inc.
        Nevermind?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Okay, who’s going to be “the man” in goal this year? The former #2 ranked goalie recruit(according to INCH.com) that had a rough freshman year, Shawn Sirman; the Frenchman, Marty Ouellette; or the Irishman from Texas, Danny Sullivan?

Don’t give me any of this “we haven’t seen enough of them yet” or “they are going to rotate” bull chit. Pull up your jocks and give me a man even if it’s a gut prediction.

I’m going Marty Ouellette strictly on gut!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
            Anybody else tired of waiting? If this team is half as excited as I am we should be all set! Ready for some hockey, I've had about enough lobsterfishing!
            can't effin wait. couple clams shy of 2 months. gonna be a fun season. lets play some hockey!
            Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post

Has Maine ever had a Quebecer for a goalie? He's the man as far I can tell at this point.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Has Maine ever had a Quebecer for a goalie? He's the man as far I can tell at this point.
                Yeats is listed on hockeydb.com as being from Montreal, but I'm pretty sure considers himself from Alberta

Maine's new roster is up
                http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...2010-11/roster
                kelen came as close as possible to his dad's number, I wonder if that was on purpose, or if that has always been his number

Comment

Okay, who’s going to be “the man” in goal this year? The former #2 ranked goalie recruit(according to INCH.com) that had a rough freshman year, Shawn Sirman; the Frenchman, Marty Ouellette; or the Irishman from Texas, Danny Sullivan?

Don’t give me any of this “we haven’t seen enough of them yet” or “they are going to rotate” bull chit. Pull up your jocks and give me a man even if it’s a gut prediction.

My gut feeling is Ouellette and Sirman will share time most of the year.

Comment

...I'm throwing my Poker Chips in on #51 Martin Ouellette.........

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                      what does "nm" stand for? Google would suggest nanometer, New Mexico, Nieman Marcus, or Navios Maritime Holdings, Inc.
                      nm when used on message boards usually means 'no message'

Goalie...? Lundin, hands down.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        '83-'84 thru '85-'86 Maine had a diminutive goalie named Jean Lacoste from Quebec. Jean was the best of an inconsistent bunch, but also struggled with consistency and then when Shawn arrived found himself in Shawn's dog house and left. Other tenders on those teams included Pete Smith, Ray Roy and Mike Silengo. And you think we had goaltending problems last season?

Comment

Ouellette.

Comment

I bet Ouellette starts the first game of the season.

Probably my first post in a year. I'm more of lurker, without much to add.
                            GO MAINE

Comment

Hey, it’s an exhibition game so why not use all three. Let them each play a period.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Hey, it’s an exhibition game so why not use all three. Let them each play a period.
                                ...Exactly the way to do it...no matter what the outcome is....plus with the following weekend games vs UML & UConn they have the chance to test out at least 2 if not all 3 netminders before the Meat & Potatoes of the Schedule starts with Michigan State and North Dakota.

Comment

Working...
                                X