This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

If anyone hasn't seen them, there are two pretty good highlight videos up on the hockey page of goblackbears.com
    It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
    But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      <------------ Insert Keith Johnson zinger here.

(wonder if this will prompt another angry tirade from sandiego)
      Who is Keith Johnson?
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
        Mangene was listed as a Defenseman at the Islanders mini-camp.

Is it likely that he'll be manning the blueline again for Maine this fall?
        He was admirable during Maine's postseason effort, but I don't think it's the right spot for him.

We all know he plays with grit, and heart, but don't forget, that kid has wheels! You like to have hustle in all 3 zones, of course, but with so many upperclassmen on D this year, and a few high caliber kids replacing the seniors next year, I would think he's better suited applying pressure with the 3rd line!
        Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          Who is Keith Johnson?
          A former Black Bear who, it seems, had an affinity for underage girls.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            A former Black Bear who, it seems, had an affinity for underage girls.
            skcusrercanc
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

General question: Are there only 5 automatic bids this year, since the CHA folded? And 11 at large positions?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                skcusrercanc
                Yup.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightymax View Post
                  General question: Are there only 5 automatic bids this year, since the CHA folded? And 11 at large positions?
                  That's an awfully good question that I haven't heard "official" word on, but my assumption would be yes! How else would an automatic bid be awarded?
                  Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

To those concerned about Maine's goaltending situation next year:

Scott Darling was ranked 10th in Hockey East in sv% both years he played.

Maine only needs average goaltending to compete next year.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post

Just a thought.
                      Hopefully we get superior goaltending, especially in the playoffs

Comment

Just a thought.
                        ...Well lets hope that from the 3 goalies in Camp..{Sirman/Quellette/Sullivan..}..can seize the opportunity and bring Maine back to the top of Hockey East and in the Nat. Ranking each week and back into the NCAA's...I would hope that at least two of these players get a chance at a tamden in net for Maine...BUT that has never been the history with Whitehead...he tends to go with the one horse...sometimes that works..but this season could be different having one play Fridays and one play Saturdays...this TEAM should rally around these 3 players after the nightmare finish of last year...a up-coming team that IF it had a dependable goalie; could have made noise's in the NCAA's...oh well lets "HOPE". Good LUCK #30 --#33 -- #51.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                          Hopefully we get superior goaltending, especially in the playoffs
                          ...I like the SOUND of that...." P L A Y O F F Hockey."

Comment

Just a thought.

I love this group of forwards.I think it's considerably more talented than that of Maine's last 2 NCAA qualifiers...But if they play in front of average 'tending,it's gonna be another frustrating year.I subscribe to the cliche that you build a team "from the goal out",and that's where the Bears are suspect: in goal and on D.

Comment

Good news for Kelen
                              http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/149479.html

Good news for us fans too, can't wait to see him play
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Good news for Kelen
                                http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/149479.html

Good news for us fans too, can't wait to see him play
                                ...Early summer and Hockey talk is in the wind...that's GREAT...team shaping up and fans hopes are sky high...still the work has to be done on the ice and not in print...this team has the REASON's to produce... Go M A I N E Hockey...!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X